• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Unreal!

Jordy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's crazy how many people I've seen in the last couple weeks who are coming back after an extended break. There must be something in the air or in the water or something lol. I was in Luna over the weekend and saw Hand of God and we chatted. It's nice to see so many old school players who left and have decided to pick UO back up!

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Aye, I ran into Hand of God last night. He was looking to buy a commodity deed box and asked if anyone had one for sale. I told them that I didnt have one for sale but I had one they could have for free. :) He just hit 120 imbu last night? I believe.

Jordy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome! He was at like 94 imbuing when I bumped into him.

Seems like every weekend at the SHE auction there have been at least one or two in attendance who have just returned from an "extended break". So cool.

T

Tiger Lily

Ive noticed alot coming back also, but there are some recently that have left..Hope not for long!

Jordy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I won't be leaving anytime soon. I've been having a blast the past few months. All those little things that bugged me about those *other* games I played the last few years are all the things that I get to do in UO. Plus, our community rocks!

R

Ransom_of_BiC

I'm playing starcraft right now, but my UO acct is remaining active. Spawns aren't fun anymore because of all the alliances, and while community activities are well and good-- they don't provide the draw to me that fighting over champ spawns did.

I might consider a transfer to one of the more active shards-- but sorta tossing it around in my mind.

Neutron Bomb

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm playing starcraft right now, but my UO acct is remaining active. Spawns aren't fun anymore because of all the alliances, and while community activities are well and good-- they don't provide the draw to me that fighting over champ spawns did.

I might consider a transfer to one of the more active shards-- but sorta tossing it around in my mind.
Can you imagine the alliances on shards like Atlantic or Great Lakes? Could you say multiply frustration x10?

We've had our differences in the past, but as a member of the collective old DON'T GO, I implore you!

R

Ransom_of_BiC

Can you imagine the alliances on shards like Atlantic or Great Lakes? Could you say multiply frustration x10?

We've had our differences in the past, but as a member of the collective old DON'T GO, I implore you!
Is it as bad there? I had hoped the small groups could stand alone. If there is nothing but alliance zergs on all the shards, that is indeed extremely disappointing.

W

Walker D. Plank

Ye may be considerin me offer before ye abandon ship me hearty. I offer ye more then ye fickle alliance. That be goin fer the rest of ye landlubbers as well. Change ye name, hide ye name I be not carin how ye becomin de salty type.

I be setin me course fer land. Ye be seein me real soon. That be fer sure!

Cap'n