• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Unravelling boots and shoes into leather ??

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This was a surprise to me, when I tried using scissors on boots and shoes to unravel them into leather I got this message

Scissors cannot be used on that to produce anything
Is it that scissors are the wrong tool to unravel (uhu ??) or that boots and shoes cannot be unravelled into leather ?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol... its always easy to know what you are doing in games popps. ;)

But no, you cant unravel them, and yes they are annoying.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol... its always easy to know what you are doing in games popps. ;)

But no, you cant unravel them, and yes they are annoying.

Thing is, that I recall reading some fishing post of people either suggesting to unravel them into leather or that they were doing it (can't recall which...).

I imagined it was possible since a whole lot of things can be unravelled and I do not see why boots and shoes would be different.......

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Posts you have seen from fishermen will have advised selling them to a cobbler or putting them in sea serpent corpses. That's what we've been doing with them for years.
However I've just been given a better idea and have just started the bonding process on a goat by feeding it a pair of sandals.

B

Beastmaster

I vaguely recall the same post popps saw. I wonder if maybe the fisherman was a legendary tailor using a salvage bag.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I vaguely recall the same post popps saw. I wonder if maybe the fisherman was a legendary tailor using a salvage bag.

I did try use the scissors with my Legendary tailor but it did not work either.

I wonder whether this is a problem of the proper tool being used to unravel boots and shoes or whether it just is not possible to do.......