• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Unravelling and Items' total intensities : Where is a Guide/Database ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there anywhere where one can find what are the 100% max intensities possible for each property so as to figure out easier what items may be keepers for unravelling ?

Like a Guide/Database ?

Since different properties have different max intensities, figuring out when an item has 5 properties at 80% or 4 properties at 100% ain's exactly easy or a quick process......

What if then 4 are at 85% and one at 60% ? The total still makes up 400% but how can one figure out that a property is 85% or any percentage for that matter ?

Do we need to play with a calculator at hand and when looting corpses first do som math to figure out if the items are keepers or not ?

Is there a better and faster way to visually identify which items are keepers for unravelling and which are not ?

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
http://www.uoherald.com/guide/guide.php?guideId=57 gives property ranges.

% = actual / max
(leeching effects are much more difficult to calculate because they also depend on swing speed)

There's been some talk amongst KR modders of adding a visual cue (some like Bitter Black Enhanced already colour individual properties) if the devs don't add one.

Personally I'm a "loot everything and smelt it down" sort of person, but I can understand this isn't the most efficient method of farming.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
http://www.uoherald.com/guide/guide.php?guideId=57 gives property ranges.

% = actual / max
(leeching effects are much more difficult to calculate because they also depend on swing speed)

There's been some talk amongst KR modders of adding a visual cue (some like Bitter Black Enhanced already colour individual properties) if the devs don't add one.

Personally I'm a "loot everything and smelt it down" sort of person, but I can understand this isn't the most efficient method of farming.

Aheam, does it mean that when hunting (and looting) we need to stop at the corpse and check each and every item on it matching the table at the link you provided to figure out whether or not the total amounts to 400% and above intensity ?

This can be VERY time consuming.... It means that to loot a corpse, particularly in the case of corpses with many items, things could end up slowing down the hunting a whole lot.

Besides, since there is limited storage and carrying capabilities it is not like one can store any and all items, at least not now that we cannot yet use unravelling.

So, as of now, we can only try storing up the best items but then, if we want to make a selection for them this is going to slow down a whole lot the hunting.

It would be very cool if, for now, the developers could release a color coding for the Label Text items appearing on corpses. When one puts the item into one's own backpack the color code will go away and from then on the Label Text of the item will look as normal.

The color coding could follow that of the unravelling.

Label Text for items with a total intensity of 400% could look, while on the corpse, for example, as green.

Label text for items with a 200 to 399 Total Intensity could look while on the corpse as Purple, and items with a <= 199 Total Intensity will have their Label Text display with a reddish coloring.

So, this color coding will help players visually and fastly be able to decide whether or not they want to keep those items on the corpse without having to waste too much of their time doing any math........

Can any Developer please comment if this is an easily feasible change that can be done as soon as possible (without waiting for Stygian Abyss so that players can start storing up items right now...).

Thanks.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I mean that I find it amusing that you are so eager to build an inventory to take advantage of a system that is not even in the game yet.

I'm not opposed to the idea of the devs doing what you ask, I'm just saying that if you are that determined to get going, then you already have all the tools available in KR and in the playguide to create your own skin to do the calculations for you. I'm not saying its easy, but it's a question of how badly you want to get going on hoarding a stockpile.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I mean that I find it amusing that you are so eager to build an inventory to take advantage of a system that is not even in the game yet.

I'm not opposed to the idea of the devs doing what you ask, I'm just saying that if you are that determined to get going, then you already have all the tools available in KR and in the playguide to create your own skin to do the calculations for you. I'm not saying its easy, but it's a question of how badly you want to get going on hoarding a stockpile.

Now that is interesting.

I had no idea that using the Kingdom Reborn client I could change the look of items and basically do calculations for me on the total of their properties........

You mean that what I was suggesting can ALREADY be done now by customizing the Kingdom Reborn client ?? WOW.

How do I do that ?

I do not know the KR client at all (always played the 2D client) so have no idea where to start from.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there anywhere where one can find what are the 100% max intensities possible for each property so as to figure out easier what items may be keepers for unravelling ?

Like a Guide/Database ?
Popps, it's quite lengthy and involved, but the sticky thread above titled "Imbuing Clarification" contains a wealth of information about imbuing. I suggest you read and re-read the entire thread before you post any questions you might have, though. I think the thread covers most questions everyone has been able to come up with and Sarphus has done an excellent job of keeping the very first post of the thread updated with new information as it becomes available. However, since none of us is a developer and Leurocian is probably up to his forehead in SA programming, many questions are still unanswered.

I added two posts at the end of the stickied thread showing what information I've gathered about max properties. Maybe they will be of some assistance to you for purposes of doing a quick visual review of the items you already have or plan to gather:

Max Properties on Jewelry, Weapons, Shields, and Armor: http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?p=1175617#post1175617
(Note that when looking at the resists on shields and armor, my understanding is that you have to subtract out the base resists inherent in each particular type of shield or piece of armor before you can determine the intensity of its actual resists. Links are provided in my post for tables in Stratics that provide base resists for shields and armor.)

Max Hit Mana Leech/Hit Life Leech for Various Types of Weapons, Depending on Their Existing SSI Property: http://vboards.stratics.com/showpost.php?p=1174844&postcount=383.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You mean that what I was suggesting can ALREADY be done now by customizing the Kingdom Reborn client ?? WOW.
To be fair I haven't dug into the scripting language myself, but yes, it is possible. As I mentioned earlier, the Bitter Black Enchanced skin color-codes each individual property when displaying items according to the % intensity - all that would need is figure out a few special cases (like how elemental damage contributes, how self-repair makes it ineligible) and then add a line that displays the sum of intensities as an imbuing hint.

The KR UI is incredibly powerful for people who like to tinker.