• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Unraveling

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok still trying to figure out unravelling, was pointed at Magic Effects table already.

So here is my example just made it to 94 imbue so can get relics now so i unravelled a bow with:
SC
Stam leach 30
Snow El Slayer
mana leach 46

now if i understand the magic effects table:
SC = 100
SL @ 30 x1 = 30
Slayer = 100
ML @ 46 x 1.1 = 50.6

Now that adds up to 280.6 to me, but I got a single relic from this bow and I thought u had to sum up to over 400 for a relic. So what am I not getting here?? Stratics could make this a lot easier if they did a couple of examples someplace on how to calculate this

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
First does it have any DI is it enhanceed with any special mats?
does the weapon have fc on it? etc plus dont forget that things like stamina leech on ranged weapon like yours would be 60 not 30 also mana leech is scaled with the speed swing of the weapon

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
if that weapon had fc that would put it over atm I think its 322 or so

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ok still trying to figure out unravelling, was pointed at Magic Effects table already.

So here is my example just made it to 94 imbue so can get relics now so i unravelled a bow with:
SC
Stam leach 30
Snow El Slayer
mana leach 46

now if i understand the magic effects table:
SC = 100
SL @ 30 x1 = 30
Slayer = 100
ML @ 46 x 1.1 = 50.6

Now that adds up to 280.6 to me, but I got a single relic from this bow and I thought u had to sum up to over 400 for a relic. So what am I not getting here?? Stratics could make this a lot easier if they did a couple of examples someplace on how to calculate this
Your math's off...

A. SC = 100
SC, without the FC -1 penalty, is actually the SC property PLUS the FC (+)1 property, so

SC (no penalty) = 200

B. SL @ 30 x1 = 30
Wrong.
The maximum intensity of Stamina leach is 50% at 100% intensity.
So

HSL @ 30% = 60

C. Slayer = 100
Correct

D. ML @ 46 x 1.1 = 50.6
Wrong again, in multiple ways.
a. you don't use the imbuing weights
b. Max intensity of Hit Mana Leech is 50% at 100% (with the displayed value modified by weapon speed). HOWEVER, ranged weapons have an additional displayed/working value modifier of 1/2, IIRC.

So, HML 46% would probably be close to Base HML 46%, after the modifiers, and that would be 92% intensity.

200+60+100+92 = 452 intensity, which is enough for even a human imbuer to unravel to a relic, on a looted or runic-crafted item that hasn't been imbued.

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your math's off...

A. SC = 100
SC, without the FC -1 penalty, is actually the SC property PLUS the FC (+)1 property, so

SC (no penalty) = 200

B. SL @ 30 x1 = 30
Wrong.
The maximum intensity of Stamina leach is 50% at 100% intensity.
So

HSL @ 30% = 60

C. Slayer = 100
Correct

D. ML @ 46 x 1.1 = 50.6
Wrong again, in multiple ways.
a. you don't use the imbuing weights
b. Max intensity of Hit Mana Leech is 50% at 100% (with the displayed value modified by weapon speed). HOWEVER, ranged weapons have an additional displayed/working value modifier of 1/2, IIRC.

So, HML 46% would probably be close to Base HML 46%, after the modifiers, and that would be 92% intensity.

200+60+100+92 = 452 intensity, which is enough for even a human imbuer to unravel to a relic, on a looted or runic-crafted item that hasn't been imbued.
Ok just clarifying to see if I got this then:

A> So SC if it doesnt list FC then its worth 200 points but if it had FC-1 then it would be 100 points. But what happens then to a wep that has FC+1 is that equal to 300 points then

B> You specified that mana/stam/etc leach is max intensity of 50 but I have weps that I have seen this leach up to almost 100. So for a wep that has 92% leech would the value then be just under 200 points then?

D> What does IIRC stand for? And I will take your word for it on ranged weps have an additional displayed/working value modifier of 1/2 but is this only applied to leaches or everything??

Thanks for the responses so far and no this bow was not imbued or enhanced with any woods, also as i understand it that imbuing cuts your point totals in 1/2 or some such when unravelling.

mana leech is scaled with the speed swing of the weapon . . . sorry what do you mean here?? Thounght SSI was calculated in if it was an added benefit on wep not its base value

Probably have a few more questions after this but atleast I see how this bow got a relic now, at what points value do you earn 2x relics from an unravel?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Ok just clarifying to see if I got this then:

A> So SC if it doesnt list FC then its worth 200 points but if it had FC-1 then it would be 100 points. But what happens then to a wep that has FC+1 is that equal to 300 points then

B> You specified that mana/stam/etc leach is max intensity of 50 but I have weps that I have seen this leach up to almost 100. So for a wep that has 92% leech would the value then be just under 200 points then?

D> What does IIRC stand for? And I will take your word for it on ranged weps have an additional displayed/working value modifier of 1/2 but is this only applied to leaches or everything??

Thanks for the responses so far and no this bow was not imbued or enhanced with any woods, also as i understand it that imbuing cuts your point totals in 1/2 or some such when unravelling.

mana leech is scaled with the speed swing of the weapon . . . sorry what do you mean here?? Thounght SSI was calculated in if it was an added benefit on wep not its base value

Probably have a few more questions after this but atleast I see how this bow got a relic now, at what points value do you earn 2x relics from an unravel?
A it would be worth the fc I think its 140 would have to look in a hurry atm
b ranged weapons like bows are halved not swords etc

see the following link for the ssi leech explanations
http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-craftsman/160820-swingspeed-increase-mathematically-challenged.html

sorry so brief have to run kid to school

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Storm, he's not talking Imbuing, he's talking UNRAVELING.

NOTHING is worth its modified imbue weight when unraveling.

As for the second group of questions

A. If it was SC with FC +1, yes - but those are mostly artifacts and I think theoretically, some ML crafted items.

B & D. Hit Mana Leech and Hit Life Leech have their DISPLAYED value modified by the final weapon speed after applying SSI, from a change about 3 or 4 years ago. The displayed value is what is used in the calculation of how much you leech. However, the intensity is the value before such modifications. Note that Stamina Leech has a max intensity on non-artifacts of 50%, but still functions the old way (and isn't modified by the swing speed)

This is why the soul seeker, which originally had a displayed 40% in all 3 leeches, has HML & HLL displayed as 32% (with the 40% for HSL unchanged). It has 80% intensity in all 3 leeches, but the weapon's base speed (the radiant scimitar is one of the faster weapons in the game) plus the 60% SSI (a 200% intensity, which of course can only be on event items and artifacts 60% SSI = a 1/2 second reduction in the time between swings) results in the modifier for the displayed amount being "Times 0.8"; 40%*0.8 = 32%

Ranged Weapons have a *0.5 modifier for displayed HML & HLL ONLY - this was meant as a form of balance, as without it, Repeating crossbows (and throwing weapons) with the properties would leech far more than most other weapons from sheer speed, and the other archery weapons would do so from sheer damage (as its slow speed would always put heavy crossbows at around the 100% mark).

IIRC = If I remember correctly. It's one of the most common and oldest acronyms on the internet. I remember having to ask what it meant - in 1995.

At NO point is getting 2 relic fragments guaranteed from unraveling an item. There's a CHANCE you might get 2 (maybe even 3) from unraveling a high-end item, but it's not guaranteed even for a gargoyle 120 imbuer at the the queen's soulforge. I believe the chance of getting multiples from one item goes up with skill, but it never gets remotely close to being a sure thing.

Imbuing lowers the final value for determining what you get from unraveling, by multiplying the value by 0.7 (not 1/2). So an item imbued with 5 100% properties would only unravel to enchanted essence, as the imbuing penalty reduces it to 350 Intensity.

On the other hand, Enhancement can raise the value of an item for unraveling (but not enough, anymore, to offset the penalty). OF course, you end up with a 30% or more chance of breaking the item, but it can be used to turn a percentage of items that fall just short of relics into ones that can be unraveled for relics.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Correct basara My apologies for getting the imbue and unravel backwards Like i said was in a hurry trying to get out the door