• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Unraveling Arties for Relic Fragments

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One question:
If I unravel certain artifacts, do I always get a relic fragment? Or does it depend on my imbuing skill whether I will receive a relic fragment? Or is it random?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
it depends on a few things from what I have seen
1 it depends on what race you are gargoyles have increased chance! some artifacts will turn into frags for them but not for other races (not tested this but this is what I have seen others post)
2 the soul forge seems to make a difference I was making items that could not turn into frags at home but would at the queens !
3 the imbuing skill also seems to make a difference

now with all this said this was before the last patch so not sure what all was changed in the patch so these may not hold true now ! and I have not been able to test do to RL !

F

Fink

I stumbled upon this site:

http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown-Yoyo/4812/imbuing_unravel_artifact.html

The legend at the top says:

1 = Ter Mur Soulforge bonus
2 = Racial Bonus for Gargoyles
3 = Queen's Soulforge bonus

You total these numbers for your bonus factor

The arties with Relic Fragment (+1), for example, require a total bonus factor of 1 to get a relic, meaning if you're human you'll need at least Ter Mur's bonus. (+3) means you need the queen's bonus, or you could be a garg in Ter Mur. (+4) or more means if you're human you have no chance at a relic and you'll get essence.