• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Unravel Container/Siege Gain Question

Barania

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My Siege guy, also a 120 Smith with GM Arms Lore, seems to be floundering at real 63.0 imbuing skills, Seem to be unable to get gains at all or maybe just +.1 when unraveling containers filled with slayer weapons/SC stuff/ and similar things gotten by my two other chars who can actually fight - some also come from a Jhelom to Umbra quest that they also do.

I'm one of these patient players when it comes to skill gains but my imbuer can now claim a first anniversary reward as of a couple days ago - 63.0 after a year isn't good. Could take forever.

The info that I've read here seems to indicate that 70-75 is when you should start imbuing stuff. Neither GP, basic gems, nor the ingredients that you get from unraveling containers is an issue. Should I bust out and try something else like imbuing those helmets that come with mage armour when crafted? I've also been wondering how the ROT gains when hitting 70.0 on Siege are gonna effect the whole gain thing.

Thanks for any feedback - I'm all ears.

Jack Nickelson

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
How does the Rate over Time system affect crafter gains on Siege? I've never made a Siege crafter to find out.

You could go that route with the jingasa, since you have the 120 smith (and presumably a good smith exceptional talisman).

At 63 imbuing, you will probably start with imbuing 1 luck on top of the mage armor. as long as you're staying between 45-55% success, stay with just doing luck (increasing luck as you go) until you hit 19 luck.

20 luck is where the cost goes from 1 residue + 1 citrine to 1+2; so, stop luck at 19, then just do 19 luck for the first imbue, then for imbues 2-20 do 1 to 3 LRC (which are 1 residue & 1 amber).

At that point, you'll probably be between 75-80 imbuing.

Start working up from there. slowly increasing the luck first imbue in 10-point steps, dropping LRC imbues to 1%, then work LRC back up to 3. Keep track of any RoT limits to gains.

When you hit 89 luck and 3% LRC leaving your comfort zone for gains, that's where the extra imbue of RPD gets added in between luck & LRC.

D

Digital Janitor

This helped me when I was stuck in Imbuing. I am now 120 and what I did to get it moving again was to dump all my skills on to soul stones until I was down around 250 total skill point. By doing so it pushed me in to GSG and I started gaining much faster. At some point though it did slow down to .1 a day again but then I used a .9 scroll I had to get to 120.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Have you already used PS 120 scroll? I believe it should increase your "gain from unravelling upper bound".

I don't know about Siedge but on normal shard you can use satyr trick. You have about 10 seconds to get to "gateable area", cast a gate from scroll and unravel a bag (or even few bags). I suggest to unravel dull copper daggers in this case. They are light and more items in one bag means more skill gain checks per a bag.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made legendary on SP with just unraveling the chests i fished up and some bronze runics. I ate the 120 scroll before i came into ROT. If you you don't have fishing just use some hammers as corvin suggested. Bronze hammers will craft items good enough to get you to 120. Craft 1 dagger per gain every 15 minutes.

D

Digital Janitor

Have you already used PS 120 scroll? I believe it should increase your "gain from unravelling upper bound".
That's good to know, thank you. I feel like such a newbie again, so much has changed since I was gone. hehe

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Since Powerscrolls were introduced, the chance to gain past where gains would normally stop (from hitting 100% success chance) expands to the point where the success chance is the value of the Powerscroll.

This was obvious at least as early as Lord Blackthorn's Revenge, when people started calculating "Skill gain tables" for Tailor & Smith, and it was noticed that with a powerscroll, if you could gain to "X" skill without a scroll, you could gain 2.5 more skill for every 5 points the power scroll was over 100 (and both tailor and smith skills had success chance increase 0.2% for every 0.1 skill gain, so that equates to 105% @ 105 PS, 110% @ 110 PS, etc.).

Note that if you're in that range between 100% & the powerscroll value, one of the items that tells you your gain range (like the crystal ball of knowledge from Ter Mer) will say "too easy", as it only goes by the ability to gain, in relation to non-scrolled skill.