• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

United Pirates Event: Shipwrecked!

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From the UP website:
Shipwrecked Hunt (January 30th, 8pm EST)

Once again we will be shipwrecked, only this time on the volcano beach on the Isle of Fire. We will explore the Underworld Dungeon and start out with no gear except for clothes and weapons bought from NPCs, and of course a big supply of bandages, reagents and arrows. We will use no night sight items and no mounts! It is recommended to bring torches and lanterns (for more atmosphere, you can turn the setting "dark nights" in the client options on). The goal is to equip ourselves from monster loot only. As we dig deeper into the dungeon, we will have to face more and more dangerous threats. Let us see how far we can get!
Specifically, the plan is to visit the Underworld dungeon leading to the Stygian Abyss, so you need to have access to the dungeon if you wish to participate.

My hopes are to attempt a few of the SA Underworld quests while starting with nothing but a NPC bought weapon to start with. While goblins and blood worms aren't much of a challenge in full gear and super-weapons, I imagine that travelling without all the bells and whistles will make it a whole different experience.

On our list of objectives:
-Help Flint make his pungent brew! We're pirates, da brew is better'n rum. We can't lose!
-Find the Goblin's Prisoner and help him out. Accomplishing this quest early will help in the long run, but it won't be easy!
-Find out what happened to Elder Dugan's team. He has a reward which everyone human should have, especially on this trip!

If time and found-gear permits, there is a grand climax in the works as well! (maybe simpler than the Covetous Lich room was, but maybe harder. Haven't done it with less than powerful gear yet, so don't know for sure!)

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That sounds like a blast. Shame I can't make it, other obligations will keep me away. Last thing I need is for my maiden to be angry with me for standing her up to spend an evening with scruffy sea-faring types while she sits home and stews.

Unless... anyone have some rope and a whole lot of rum I can borrow?

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My ship is wrecked but I will try to be there.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Black Sun are you out of your mind? You should NEVER let a girl get in the way of your UO play time! What are you thinking man? This is the beginning of disaster...

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Black Sun are you out of your mind? You should NEVER let a girl get in the way of your UO play time! What are you thinking man? This is the beginning of disaster...
I'm rapidly approaching that very same conclusion.
This whole "boyfriend" thing I'm expected to do is becoming a chore.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just don't let it turn into the husband thing. My god man then you are really doomed.

My boss and I have started a "save the single men from making the same mistakes we have" campaign.

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was really hoping to make this, but I just realized that I am not keyed for the abyss on this shard. I will see if I can work it out between now and then. Next one for sure.