• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Understanding Bard Buffs: Specifically for Dynamic Champ Spawn

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It seems that a lot of players do not understand the benefits of Bard Buffs in a party.

Since I have received more than 80 Sashes so far I am doing them for fun now. Other than the 300 to 500 arrows I use per spawn, I am just getting sashes and having fun. My Archer Bard is what I am using now. I'm not taking two toons anymore because I really do not need another 100 Sashes.

Here is what I do not understand. We are standing around killing the Boss. On Atlantic. Everybody is having to heal themselves or their pets constantly except for 1 person, ME. I put out party invites and no one will accept them.

It seems players do not understand what Bard Buffs do.

There is no negative for Party in the dynamic encounters. When I take 2 toons I stay in party the whole time and each toon gets their own sash if they do earn it independently.

I am a 4 x 120 Bard. I use the Peace masteries for this one. I run Resilience all the time.
Resilience Gives:
+ 22 HP Regen
+ 22 Stam Regen
+ 22 Mana Regen
All basic debuff durations reduced
Almost immunity to poison

When the Salivas appear I add Perseverance
Perseverance gives:
30% DCI
- 30% Damage Taken
6 casting focus

So while on the Boss my 2 buffs give all of those things to each party member and each of their pets.

You could them be like me and rarely have to heal, you will have max mana regen and if you will regen stamina as needed.

If you could party with a Bard running Peace Masteries and Provocation Masteries you would almost be invincible.

For these dynamic encounters you do not need to get rid of party before the Boss dies. These bosses have crap loot, there is no need to even loot them, I dont even look. Most do not loot during the dynamic Dungeons.

So when a Sparkling Player invites you to a party Accept it!

Last edited:

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Perservance also heals above the 22 hpr, or it did anyways and probably still does.

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
Bard masteries are crazy OP. I had to build one again after I seen all the benefits. Just a pure bard can sit on any boss no party use tribulation not do a thing and get looting rights. It's nuts... still party buffs are what are the craziest. Most just probably don't understand why you want to party or don't see it though. I wouldn't take it personally. I have friend who is Bard EJ in our little group of friends from all guilds and we all think he is GOD when we roll with him and he enjoys the template. Which I think is one of the few you can really take advantage of as EJ? Not sure anymore...

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep. Bard Buffs are incredibly powerful. The Inspire/Invigorate Provo buffs are also nuts for boosting pet damage and healing an entire party at once. During the Invasion event, i had a Disco/Tamer with 5x Wolf Spiders running "As One", partied with a 4x120 Bard running Provo buffs, and the damage output of the Wolf Spiders was insane (500-600 total damage every 1.25 secs to the Generals), and the Provo buffs were also healing up all the Wolf Spiders.

I'll use my Disco/Tamer running Consume Damage on his FWW+PB Najasaurus to AoE down all the Pirates in the bar, and i usually have to vet him as well. When one of my guildies though brings in his 4x120 Bard and runs Peacemaking Masteries though, i don't have to vet my Naja at all, even with all the damage being reflected back onto it from FWW and PB.

I'll also use 7 Throwers and a 4x120 Bard running Provo buffs for taking down Plunder Beacons without cannons. The Bard heals up the entire party from the retaliatory lightning strikes.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep. Bard Buffs are incredibly powerful. The Inspire/Invigorate Provo buffs are also nuts for boosting pet damage and healing an entire party at once. During the Invasion event, i had a Disco/Tamer with 5x Wolf Spiders running "As One", partied with a 4x120 Bard running Provo buffs, and the damage output of the Wolf Spiders was insane (500-600 total damage every 1.25 secs to the Generals), and the Provo buffs were also healing up all the Wolf Spiders.

I'll use my Disco/Tamer running Consume Damage on his FWW+PB Najasaurus to AoE down all the Pirates in the bar, and i usually have to vet him as well. When one of my guildies though brings in his 4x120 Bard and runs Peacemaking Masteries though, i don't have to vet my Naja at all, even with all the damage being reflected back onto it from FWW and PB.

I'll also use 7 Throwers and a 4x120 Bard running Provo buffs for taking down Plunder Beacons without cannons. The Bard heals up the entire party from the retaliatory lightning strikes.
And the bard gets a mythical cargo too just for the buffs :)

Archangel0

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

You use 8 accounts to bring down a beacon? o_O
C'mon, you're kiddin' right? A single mage worth its salt does it by himself!

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The mage gets 1 cargo. His group gets 8.
Yep. Each Thrower is also using a Bane Soul Glaive, so once the Plunder Beacon's health dips below 50%, Bane starts proccing. I constantly hear Bane procs on the Plunder Beacon at that point, and it's health just melts.
Don't have to use any cannon ammo this way, and i can take down Plunder Beacons fast while getting 8 Mythical Cargo each time. I also hunt for Plunder Beacons on a dead shard, so i don't have to deal with the seas being cluttered by player ships (like Atlantic is, which makes ship tracking worthless).
The 4x120 Bard/Mage healing up the entire party 22 HP every 4 secs with Invigorate makes this possible, otherwise it'd be almost impossible for me to keep up healing 8 chars against the retaliatory lightning strikes.

Archangel0

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep. Each Thrower is also using a Bane Soul Glaive, so once the Plunder Beacon's health dips below 50%, Bane starts proccing. I constantly hear Bane procs on the Plunder Beacon at that point, and it's health just melts.
Don't have to use any cannon ammo this way, and i can take down Plunder Beacons fast while getting 8 Mythical Cargo each time. I also hunt for Plunder Beacons on a dead shard, so i don't have to deal with the seas being cluttered by player ships (like Atlantic is, which makes ship tracking worthless).
The 4x120 Bard/Mage healing up the entire party 22 HP every 4 secs with Invigorate makes this possible, otherwise it'd be almost impossible for me to keep up healing 8 chars against the retaliatory lightning strikes.
Most illuminating, Thanks! :)