• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Underrated Pet Thread

SouthPaw

Lore Master
A few weeks back I tamed a dimetrosaur with 90 physical resist, 112.7 wrestling, 102.6 tactics, 117.6 resist. They are completely immune to poison status like a unicorn. The tamer I have him on doesn't have vet, so not having to cure poison is a big bonus. Unfortunately you can only add poison to them and they spawn with poison breath, mortal strike, and dismount. While not the best damage dealer around, he's a tank and a half, and with me discording anything that moves, his damage isn't bad by any means. They have plenty of points for high hit points too, mine has 950. With 2 poison skills and mortal, whatever he's fighting won't be able to heal itself very well.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Also, dimetrosaurs do very well in Shadowguard, especially the bar and the armory. I did all rooms (except belfry) with mine today, they eat fruit so you can feed them the apples in the orchard room.

Last edited:

Pseudodragon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
You know what? You made me curious, i think that the new taming system has such a huge potential but it looks gimped by the fact that only 1 build looks really appealing at the moment so im gonna give this pet a try :p

SouthPaw

Lore Master
You know what? You made me curious, i think that the new taming system has such a huge potential but it looks gimped by the fact that only 1 build looks really appealing at the moment so im gonna give this pet a try :p
Get one with 90 physical resist and high wrestling! I think max wrestling is around 116 for dimes.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep. I use a Saurosaurus with 85 Physical/90 Fire Resist as my uber Tank pet. They also have Life Leech, which gives them self healing. Most Dragon types cannot even begin to scratch him. He tanks the Stygian Dragon like a boss. Only pet that i've seen that can even half-decently tank the Slasher of Veils.

A couple weeks after the Pet Revamp went live, an EM Event was being set up on Atlantic, but we ended up busting into the event area (Twisted Weald mushroom cave) too early, so the EM started spawning massive amounts of spawn to try to force us out. I had Varstok (my Saurosaurus) with me, and he was tanking absolutely everything in the room, Hell Hounds, Hell Goats (event creature), even the Greater Poison Elementals. We killed all the mobs in that room with AoE as Varstok tanked it all.
The EM was so impressed with Varstok, that he created a stationary invulnerable blue Dragon outside the cave and named it "Varstok the Greater". It stayed there for a month or two.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I have a Saurosaurus as well, only reason I like dimetrosaur more is that dime is poison immune. Sauros can spawn with a little higher wrestling though and the 85phys/90fire resists + life leech is very nice.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Took my sauro to do roof today. Boy is he a good tank! Mine has 84 phys/82 fire, I kept him because he spawned with near max wrestling cap. Oftentimes when I take a Cu to roof he takes a beating and sometimes death. Sauro had high HP the whole time. It felt like he was invincible. Later we had a small group go do Niera champ spawn. He ended up in that side room with the door on the north side during the final round and died, he sure put up a good fight though. His wrestling is currently about 3 points lower than his cap, so he can get a little better. The tamer I have him on doesn't have consume unfortunately or he would have lived.

Last edited:

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Took my Dimetrosaur to the Niera and Baracoon spawns. He did great, didn't die once. The poison status immunity helped a lot and the poison breath was great for getting agro on him.

I made a 2nd Necromage/Life Leech dread spider, this time for my discord tamer-not quite done skilling him up yet. I love these little guys! The damage output may not be like Chiv, but I love watching him blast/curse mobs and with life leech/spirit speak and poison status immunity he's quite a tank.