• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

unauthorized move...

• Thread starter imported_rpsky3
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_rpsky3

Hi, i just went on one of my accounts, and found that my BV sim was moved to EA Land. I am surprised because i never put in a request for it. now that means i lost that house too! what is going on folks...? i am trying to remain upbeat and positive, i dont need another headache. I loved the house we had in BV.

G

Did you actually try to play that sim? Or did you just simply see her in your Select-A-Sim screen?

I

imported_rpsky3

i seen it in my select a sim screen under EA Land, so i went in and sure enough.. there it was

G

im looking for the post, but i think i recall a dev saying they might move BV sims without their houses anyways...a technical thing, so in that light i think yu would have lost your house anyways?

edit to add that i found it and it was unclear but they did say this:

"Betaville remains a work in progress, and we are doing everything possible to merge as much as possible to EA-Land. "

so we will see

F

festrmentmagnet

My bv sim is on my select a screen page, but I can't actually play her yet.

And, I never set her to move to EALand, either.

So, I think the bv sim is just there until the city is merged in.

G

I have one BV sim that I set to move on the train and he is now in EA-Land. My other BV sim is still unavailable but shows on the selection screen in EA-Land.

G

That really stinks. It is getting pretty hard to remain upbeat and positive.

I

imported_rpsky3

it really is. i just dont understand it, but will take one day at a time.

G

I just looked, and still cannot see my BV sims, so I don't think they have done moves automatically.....rpsky did you click on the sim and have her land somewhere in EAL, or does she just show up in EAL instead of BV on the Select A Sim screen? Those sims are the only ones that survived account wipes, so if this is the only way we can have them I guess that's better than losing those 1000+ day old sims, but I have a house too, so it would be nice to know for sure if BV sims have lost houses. It's not super special, but it *is* a house in these impoverished times LOL

*anxiously awaits the answer*

I

imported_rpsky3

<blockquote><hr>

I just looked, and still cannot see my BV sims, so I don't think they have done moves automatically.....rpsky did you click on the sim and have her land somewhere in EAL, or does she just show up in EAL instead of BV on the Select A Sim screen? Those sims are the only ones that survived account wipes, so if this is the only way we can have them I guess that's better than losing those 1000+ day old sims, but I have a house too, so it would be nice to know for sure if BV sims have lost houses. It's not super special, but it *is* a house in these impoverished times LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

lol yes, it would be nice to have them homes! anyways, i never put in a transfer for the bullet, they just showed up in EA Land. and i had a really nice home in BV. i had it all set up as a drive in too! and only one sim showed up from BV. the others are in BV still.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

lol yes, it would be nice to have them homes! anyways, i never put in a transfer for the bullet, they just showed up in EA Land. and i had a really nice home in BV. i had it all set up as a drive in too! and only one sim showed up from BV. the others are in BV still.

[/ QUOTE ]

But what I mean is, is that sim actually functional to play in EAL? Can you land at a property there and make money or skill, or when you click on the sim do you get some sort of error message? I ask because some players have reported seeing their BV sims alongside the rest of their EAL sims and panicked too, but when they clicked on them they got an internal message or something similar, meaning that the sims were not functional since they had not been bullet trained to EA, and BV has not been merged yet.

I

imported_rpsky3

he is fully functional.. i landed in a store, skill lot and money lot, and he is working just fine. he can do the same things as the other sims that are from production cities.

G

<blockquote><hr>

he is fully functional.. i landed in a store, skill lot and money lot, and he is working just fine. he can do the same things as the other sims that are from production cities.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow....interesting.

Does anybody have access to your account that might have put in for a move for you, mistakenly thinking that you'd want the sim there? Thinking of the times you've had to be away....that's the only thing I can think of to explain a 'spontaneous' move....surely the devs would have announced something, even after the previous announcement that BV was a 'work in progress' if the final determination had been made that only sims would/could survive?

I

imported_rpsky3

the only one with access to the account is my RL husband and he has been at the hospital with me. and I just got back out again as I was readmitted again on sunday morning and have had extensive testing today (testing did not go well .. sad news) but he has been so busy with military duty and with me in the hospital, he has not been on either. So i have no idea what is going on. But i will say this, I got a response from the Devs and he is looking into it for me.