• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Unattended (not macroing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
I was using consume damage and set my pet to guard me. And a player came along and paged on me for being unattended. I happened to be attended, (watching Netflix on the screen next to it) but I was not using any macro programs or performing any action, my pet was killing things.
Why is it ban able to simply be logged in and not at the keyboard?
seems a little odd to me.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was using consume damage and set my pet to guard me. And a player came along and paged on me for being unattended. I happened to be attended, (watching Netflix on the screen next to it) but I was not using any macro programs or performing any action, my pet was killing things.
It's not.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Watching Netflix on the screen next to what ? You don't get banned within seconds of getting paged on, it usually take several minutes or up to an hour for a GM to even come investigate . They will then communicate with you and give you ample time to respond. If you were watching Netflix on the screen next to your computer, you would have seen this communication...of course this is strictly my opinion...

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If your pet is killing things and you don't respond to a GM, that's considered unattended macroing regardless if you're performing any actions or not.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
but you were performing an action, you said you were using consume damage.

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think perhaps my English isn’t so good.
I did respond to the GM so I did not get banned, I’m saying i think it’s strange that I would’ve been banned if I had walked away.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Watching Netflix on the screen next to what ? You don't get banned within seconds of getting paged on, it usually take several minutes or up to an hour for a GM to even come investigate . They will then communicate with you and give you ample time to respond....
I recieved a ban 15 minutes after logging out for the night, never saw or talked to a gm.I am not sure if they even investigated while i was logged on(accused of multiboxing, was multi clienting). So, cant say they are always fair. I am sure some are just as corrupt as elected officials.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think perhaps my English isn’t so good.
I did respond to the GM so I did not get banned, I’m saying i think it’s strange that I would’ve been banned if I had walked away.
had you simply been standing there, not having your pet guard you and not casting and keeping up the Consume damage spell, I would agree that it would be strange. But with you performing all those actions you would have been banned if you weren't there to answer.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I recieved a ban 15 minutes after logging out for the night, never saw or talked to a gm.I am not sure if they even investigated while i was logged on(accused of multiboxing, was multi clienting). So, cant say they are always fair. I am sure some are just as corrupt as elected officials.
possibly what may have happened is you were under the 2 minute combat timer when you logged out and were still in game and the GM appeared and tried to talk to you and got no reply so he banned you. I would go with that before i accused a GM being corrupt.

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
Why do we have to monitor the game? if i am not pressing any buttons or doing anything, it's all automatic. The consume damage lasts forever, and the pet just keeps attacking when i tell it to guard one time.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why do we have to monitor the game? if i am not pressing any buttons or doing anything, it's all automatic. The consume damage lasts forever, and the pet just keeps attacking when i tell it to guard one time.
As Anon said, You agreed to monitor it within the ROC. See #6 below, highlighted, bolded and underlined for ease of viewing.

Rules of Conduct
Posted on September 10, 2012 by UO Dev Team
The full Service Rules of Conduct are included below:

While you are a member of the Ultima Online service, you must abide by the following rules.

IF YOU BREAK ANY OF THESE RULES, YOUR ULTIMA ONLINE ACCOUNT, AND YOUR RIGHT TO USE THE ULTIMA ONLINE SERVICE, MAY BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY BY BROADSWORD. IF THIS HAPPENS, YOU WILL NOT BE ENTITLED TO ANY REFUND OF ANY AMOUNTS PAID BY YOU TO USE THE ULTIMA ONLINE SERVICE AND YOU WILL FORFEIT ALL OF YOUR UNUSED ACCESS TIME.

THE RULES ARE:

1. You may not victimize, harass, threaten, or cause another player unwanted distress or discomfort, as determined by Support Staff.

1. You may not use any offensive or sexually explicit language, graphic descriptions, or accounts of sexual acts (including but not limited to sexual language of a violent or threatening nature directed at another individual or group of individuals).

1. You may not use any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable language toward any other player.

1. Characters, items, pets, and other user-created in-game content must abide by the Terms of Service, Rules of Conduct and the UO Naming Policy located here.

1. You will not actively encourage other players to violate the Terms of Service or Rules of Conduct.

1. You may not leave an active character or pet in game while unattended. If your character is performing a skill, text or action, you must be able to respond to a Game Master when one attempts to speak to you.

1. You may not impersonate any Ultima Online Customer Support representative or other employee of Broadsword Online Games, past or present.

1. With the exception of the sale of in-game items for in-game items or services, you may not market, promote or advertise anything, or make any other form of solicitation (including pyramid schemes and chain letters) through the Ultima Online service or Ultima Online web site.

1. You may not violate any local, state, national or international law or regulation.

1. You may not modify any part of the Ultima Online service, Ultima Online code, or Ultima Online web site that Broadsword Online Games does not specifically authorize you to modify.

1. You may not arrange for the exchange or transfer of any pirated software or other contraband while you are using the Ultima Online service or Ultima Online web site, or use the Ultima Online service or web site for any other illegal purpose. You will not post the web site address (URL) to any sites which contain sexual material, content which could harm or disrupt another user’s personal network and computer, or content which violates the Terms of Service.

1. You may not organize any guilds or groups that are based on, or espouse, any racist, sexist, anti-religious, anti-ethnic, anti-gay, or other hate-mongering philosophy.

1. You may not use the Ultima Online service or Ultima Online web site for any activities other than those permitted within the game world.

1. You may not post or communicate any player’s real-world personal information, including your own, within the Ultima Online service or through the Ultima Online web site. You will not share your account password or account details with anyone, and you will not hold Broadsword Online Games responsible for any damages that you may incur from doing so.

1. You may not give false information to, or intentionally hide any information from Broadsword Online Games, such as e-mail address or billing information, which are required at the time you register with the Ultima Online service. It is your responsibility to keep this information up-to-date using the Account Management web site located at Broadsword | Account Management.

1. You will follow the instructions of authorized personnel while in Ultima Online. Failure to follow instructions from official Support Staff may result in disciplinary action being taken against the account.

1. You will not violate the intellectual property rights of any third party. For example, you will not upload or transmit through the Ultima Online service or Ultima Online web site, any copyrighted content that you do not own all rights to, unless you have the express written permission of the author or copyright holder.

1. You will not attempt to interfere with, hack into, or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Ultima Online service.

1. You will not exploit any bug in the Ultima Online product or the Ultima Online service. You will not intentionally use or share any bug found within Ultima Online, real or fictitious, regardless of whether or not it grants an unfair advantage. You will not directly or indirectly communicate the existence of any such bug to any other user of the Ultima Online service. You will report any such exploit using the bug reporting methods as described by the Ultima Online web site at Contact – Ultima Online.

1. You will not intentionally accept an item that has been “bugged” or otherwise manipulated outside of the designed game mechanics from anyone inside or outside the game world. The Ultima Online team has the right to confiscate any such illegal items, without reparation, even if a player had no prior knowledge of the item’s origin.

1. You will not intentionally submit misinformation, or abuse the help petition system.

1. You will not attempt to play Ultima Online on any service that is not controlled or authorized by Broadsword Online Games.

1. You will not create, use, play on or provide any server emulator or other service where Ultima Online may be played. You will not post, use or distribute any utilities, applications, emulators or other software tools related to Ultima Online that do not have the express written permission of Broadsword Online Games to be used with the Service. Information about approved software can be found here.

1. You will not do anything else that interferes with the ability of other Ultima Online users to enjoy playing the game in accordance with its rules, or that increases the expense or difficulty of Broadsword Online Games in maintaining the Ultima Online service for the enjoyment of all its users.

YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU AGREE TO THESE RULES AND WILL ABIDE BY THEM.

YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT THESE RULES WILL APPLY TO ANYONE THAT YOU HAVE ALLOWED TO USE, OR HAS ACCESS TO USE YOUR ULTIMA ONLINE ACCOUNT OR USER ID. YOU AGREE THAT YOU ARE PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENCES, WHICH COULD INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO WARNINGS, SUSPENSIONS OR TERMINATIONS OF YOUR ACCOUNT BASED ON THE VIOLATION OR ACCOUNT HISTORY RESULTING FROM ANY SUCH PERSON BREAKING THESE RULES.

YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IF YOUR ACCOUNT AND RIGHT TO USE THE ULTIMA ONLINE SERVICE IS TERMINATED BY BROADSWORD FOR ANY REASON, YOU WILL NOT BE ENTITLED TO A REFUND OF ANY FEES PAID BY YOU FOR USE OF THE ULTIMA ONLINE SERVICE AND YOU WILL FORFEIT ANY UNUSED ACCESS TIME THAT YOU HAVE REMAINING AT THE TIME OF TERMINATION.

IN ORDER TO HELP MAKE ULTIMA ONLINE A GOOD EXPERIENCE FOR EVERYONE, BROADSWORD ONLINE GAMES MAY OCCASIONALLY FIND IT NECESSARY TO MAKE CHANGES TO, OR RESET CERTAIN PARAMETERS OF, AN ON-GOING WORLD IN ORDER TO BRING IT BACK INTO BALANCE. THESE CHANGES OR RESETS MAY AFFECT CHARACTERS UNDER YOUR CONTROL AND MAY CAUSE YOU SETBACKS WITHIN THE GAME WORLD.

THESE RULES MAY BE CHANGED, AND NEW RULES MAY BE ADDED, AT ANY TIME. YOU AGREE TO CHECK THE ULTIMA ONLINE WEB SITE FROM TIME TO TIME TO REVIEW ANY RULE CHANGES THAT BROADSWORD ONLINE GAMES MAY HAVE MADE.

YOU AGREE TO READ CAREFULLY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN THE ULTIMA ONLINE SERVICE AGREEMENT THAT IS POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AT http://www.uo.com/agreement.html.

UO Terms of Service
==============================

Harassment Policy

Disputing Disciplinary Actions
If you have any questions or concerns about any disciplinary action that is taken against you, please send an e-mail to [email protected], please include any pertinent information. We will respond to your concerns as soon as possible, and discuss any concerns that you may have.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I back in I think 2013 I was sent to jail because i was Training sword or mace fighting on my Golam in my Yew gate fel tower. had to make a restroom break I was away 5 mins. Sent to jail and giving a warning,

possibly what may have happened is you were under the 2 minute combat timer when you logged out and were still in game and the GM appeared and tried to talk to you and got no reply so he banned you. I would go with that before i accused a GM being corrupt.
GM being corrupt have and has happened in the past even EM, I lost my L shape that was blocking a castle spot back in 2003 because I would not sell it. And the guy that owned the other plots wanted it and had a GM or a Dev friend and he somehow token it from me. I did not sell it because it was the biggest spot I had with other Grandfather houses. EA at the time told me I was hacked then why where all the rares, Gold, and Chars and other houses not touched on that account?. Back then you where hacked you where cleaned out and your chars would be deleted on you.

And remember Clops yea the EM we dare not say his name, Corrupt down to the core.

MODERATOR EDIT:
Removed quoted post deleted in thread clean-up.

Last edited by a moderator:

a wizard

Journeyman
Well, you don't have to log off, just don't get "too involved" in it so you miss the GM talking to you ;)
Nono, that dunderhead said we have to "log off as per the rules". I want to see where he interpreted the rules in a way that he now logs off UO anytime he wants to review some spank material. Most people just go afk at Luna.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
GM being corrupt have and has happened in the past even EM, I lost my L shape that was blocking a castle spot back in 2003 because I would not sell it. And the guy that owned the other plots wanted it and had a GM or a Dev friend and he somehow token it from me. I did not sell it because it was the biggest spot I had with other Grandfather houses. EA at the time told me I was hacked then why where all the rares, Gold, and Chars and other houses not touched on that account?. Back then you where hacked you where cleaned out and your chars would be deleted on you.

And remember Clops yea the EM we dare not say his name, Corrupt down to the core.

EM's yes, there have been many Corrupt ones. I am unaware of GM's (not saying it hasn't happened) but before i went accusing GM's of corruption i would look at every other angle first.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nono, that dunderhead said we have to "log off as per the rules". I want to see where he interpreted the rules in a way that he now logs off UO anytime he wants to review some spank material. Most people just go afk at Luna.
oh, i wasn't defending them i was just being silly :p

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
People still think there isn't some corruption on the UO team? Even I've experienced it. Go ahead and butt heads with the wrong person during a spawn. Or how about hidden fully functional moongates in people's houses?

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
People still think there isn't some corruption on the UO team? Even I've experienced it. Go ahead and butt heads with the wrong person during a spawn. Or how about hidden fully functional moongates in people's houses?
Never said there wasn't just not gonna go full 1625420529623.png

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
from my reading you can pretty much get away with alot of stuff. You can run as many accounts at the same time as you want BUT you can not control them all with the same key. You need to move from one window to the other,

I have seen some Pvpers running in all the same way, casting all the same spells at the same time, You can tell that person is running all the accounts with a program that lets you control the accounts with one key. And it seems every time you page on them it always appears on the account he is running the game with,

Take the 5 Cu people that camped out the one ice room pretty much the event, Am sure he was paged on but nothing happened.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If it's a paid account as long as they answer the GM in a very short amount of time they are fine... which is sad. But that's been the case for a while. If it's an EJ account it's likely to get a ban...

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do my bannable waffle during the hours when the GMs aren't around or paying attention.
*winks*

dancingrocks

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
mm.png

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Bonnie doesn't seem to have a very good track record in recruiting 'honest' people, makes you wonder... :oops:

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Or she just still lives rent free in your head all these years later...because they used a process you were/still are unaware of.

*Scribbles a not in his journal and prepares to meet the others for the next planning session for their adventure wet*
A little hung over from the weekend to much wine my friend. What is this wet adventure you talk of where is the UO girls gone wild maybe? Or is there a wet Armor contest I will help judge it

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
A little hung over from the weekend to much wine my friend. What is this wet adventure you talk of where is the UO girls gone wild maybe? Or is there a wet Armor contest I will help judge it
Lol west now wet is a whole other story

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello, I heard there are wet adventures in this thread, can I join?

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Locked for review. Thread is going downhill and not contributing in any positive manner here.

EDIT:
Cleaned up and issued warnings for public accusations, personal attacks, trolling, mentioning illegal third party applications, etc. No use in re-opening this thread, as the entire discussion devolved into airing of grievances. Please familiarize yourselves with the Rules of Conduct, which can be found here:
Rules of Conduct | Stratics Community Forums

Going forward, these types of topics should be debated in the Unleashed section which is more open-ended on the topics that can be discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.