• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Unarmed and Battle Chemistry

exiledtyrant

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
So when I first started looking over info about this game unarmed and battle chemistry caught my eye. I imagined a juiced up juggernaut akin to Batman's Bane laying hands and boots upon all that opposed him. Needless to say I was severely underwhelmed.

Starting with unarmed I can understand the low damage but I can't say the crowd control trade off is apparent at all. Stuns don't work, it seems I am at the mercy of meditation for any type of new effects, and my biggest hitters knock things away that I want to kill. Meditation in itself has only offered a slow while it mostly gives heals and + damage. I dislike some of the combos because they either start with knock backs, or weave knock backs in between. The cooldowns also don't match up well with some combos making them a tad more clunky then they have to be( mainly anything with kick). If I combo has to have a knock back I would think it serves it's best purpose as a finisher. A good example of a bad combo it lightning kicks. Kick+ kick + kick makes a stun ( that doesn't work) which has knocked my opponent almost 20-30m away from me that I have to chase and is not fluid because of the kick CD.

For a style that wants to be crowd control heavy I also didn't see any tactical positioning . If I stun something I should be able to shift over to the side and perform a kidney shot that drains power or Kick them in their back to knock them down etc. Crowd control in itself needs to be expanded and tactical placement can help make it more active and fun.

Battle chemistry just seems to pull from to many skills and hasn't really done anything for me that was noticeable. I think this is mainly do to lack of gear and money at the moment, but upon first getting the skills that I could it was just bland. At least sword, archery and unarmed made me feel like it was contributing right away.

I'm not condemning either of these combat skills it's just how I feel after playing with them the last couple of hours. I am going to drop battle chem and bum off of unarmed/archery until I can find a way to unlock mentalist and psychology.

memnarr

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
personally, I love battle chem, have it paired with swords, battle chem is lvl 11 now, and that gave me a summonable golem pet, also bought the healing mist skill to help out while pots, or first aid is on cool down. I am just a low level char, but im loving it!

awollsd

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
personaly I would like battle chem but how involved it is makes me hate it hahahaha... have to level fishing, gardening, mycology.... all this other crap to level up/get the skills for Bchem.. I could understand doing 1 side skill requirement but so many is crazy haha.

but that said 1st some players will actualy like this about it. and 2nd other players will just be wanting it for the golem so don't care about any of this so I guess it's not an issue.