• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Unable to create new sims in production cities after merge?

• Thread starter imported_herk1287
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_herk1287

so we are stuck with our sims, not complainin though c cause there old, bnut iget the impression maxis doesnt care abiut the priduction cities with merge, and to reply abiut game being made only for new players I agree the changes do not benefit old players, and game will possibly be gone by end of 2008, which i think could lilkely happen

G

01/09/2008 Test Center 3 updates 2.1566.0.0
Posted in Uncategorized by lfancey on the January 9th, 2008

Character Creation: Prior to the opening of EALand and the forth coming merges we will disable forever character creation in existing production cities. In addition existing cities well only allow subscribing players to play. Expect this change in 1-2 weeks.

G

It means the production cities will cease to exist post merge because they will become one city. We will be able to create new sims in EA Land of course.

I

imported_herk1287

what about the current sims in production cities? are tey stuck there? or can we move them aroudd and vist ea land etc

P

philw1

your current sims will be in EALand with all their skills, objects and the lot. Only money will be wiped

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

Character Creation: Prior to the opening of EALand and the forth coming merges we will disable forever character creation in existing production cities. In addition existing cities well only allow subscribing players to play. Expect this change in 1-2 weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not read this to mean you cannot create new sims in Alphaville after the merge. Once AV becomes part of EALand anyone can create or even move to AV.

G

Yes, but it wont be required to create in AV or any other city, only to create in EA Land giving you freedom to roam to any city within.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not read this to mean you cannot create new sims in Alphaville after the merge. Once AV becomes part of EALand anyone can create or even move to AV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nor I, as I've an understanding of what's going on. But I immediately chuckled with the realization that it wasn't worded all that well, and does indeed make it sound like the create-a-sim feature will be gone for good.