• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Unable to choose TC3 or EA Land option

• Thread starter imported_Armonia
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Armonia

Hi all. I figured I would play in TC today since EA Land is down. When I clicked my icon for the patch, it doesn't give me the option to choose TC or EA land. Is this a bug or what? Let me know if any of you are having same problem.

A

anniebonz

Do you usually have the option? Some of my shortcuts take me directly to the login screen instead of giving me the option to choose ....but my ea-land window shortcut always gives me the option for EA-Land or TEST ot test3 blah blah. So maybe its your shortcut?

I dunno just thought I'd try!

G

Make sure you use one of the shortcuts given to you when you installed the game. It will pop up with the select a city screen. Also, I know they were talking about taking TC3 down for updates... that might be a possibility.

I

imported_Armonia

It has always asked me which place when I logging with the patch one. I will keep trying.

thanks

I

imported_VeronicaV

I am having the same problem, kind of. My original patch still works and gives me that option. However, I can not play both of my accounts this way. I have a modified patch so that I can play dual accounts, but it does not show my TC sims, not does it give me that option at startup. I am sooooo confused. Anyone got a fix for that?

G

I have a similar problem when I'm running 2 accounts and the main account (TSOPatch) crashes, and I try to relog using TSOClient without shutting down my second window. It always defaults straight to EALand without giving me the choice to return to TC3. To overcome the problem I have to first shut down my second sim, then start from scratch logging in TSOPatch first, followed by TSOClient, which is rather irritating.

I'm wondering whether my second account only goes to TC3 because I dont have any sims on that account in EALand. Am afraid to make one there in case I can't log that one into TC3 either.

G

LOL now I am confused. You can choose to create a sim to play in either TC3 or EA Land, not both.

To force it to TC3 use "-CSCity:Test Center 3" after the -w and a space, on your shortcut target.

"-CSCity:EA Land" in the same location will take you directly to EA Land.

I

imported_Armonia

You have to log with the patch one first. I have always done that so it updates. Well now since EA Land is open I am trying to get the Icon to work. It updates, Lets me log in but still no choice between ea and tc. well then I login and am automatically in EA. Ok then I click a sim to go in and it takes me back to the Login screen. HELP