• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] Ultra-Wide Screen in UO

• Thread starter Old Man of UO
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
O

Old Man of UO

I use two monitors, one 22" widescreen and the second an older 17" 4:3. I just switched to dragging the window across both monitors and putting the lesser used items out of the way on the smaller monitor. It's GREAT!

The problem I have with it, when the client starts the log in is split between the two monitors and is hard to read. Is there a way to move the log in all the way over to the left to be completely on the large monitor?

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nice , never thought of trying that! Gotta dust off my old flatscreen crt!

Kons

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
i have 24" and 19".. Client login screen is not "ready" for such big resolutions :)
That form is client based and does not implies any custom interface.
So i think you should simply resize the window .. :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Personally I like my 42" HDTV. Works awesome as a monitor.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
To be honest... I did not know I could until today. Yes. I know how much I suck at video game.

O

Old Man of UO

Hrmm... I guess I've known that you could do this since KR, but then I also thought everyone knew that. It's nice to have a full uncluttered game screen, especially as your prescription glasses get stronger.

Now, what would be ideal is having gump windows that you could tear off the main screen and put it anywhere. Is there any reason that the paperdoll, backpack, map, chat window have to be connected to the main window?

What I mean by that, is I use Gimp for graphics editor. Gimp has a main window and two toolbar windows that are separate from the editing window. This lets me go full screen on the photo and pull the toolbars off to the side on my second monitor. Why can't we do that with UO gumps?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hrmm... I guess I've known that you could do this since KR, but then I also thought everyone knew that. It's nice to have a full uncluttered game screen, especially as your prescription glasses get stronger.

Now, what would be ideal is having gump windows that you could tear off the main screen and put it anywhere. Is there any reason that the paperdoll, backpack, map, chat window have to be connected to the main window?

What I mean by that, is I use Gimp for graphics editor. Gimp has a main window and two toolbar windows that are separate from the editing window. This lets me go full screen on the photo and pull the toolbars off to the side on my second monitor. Why can't we do that with UO gumps?
gimp is a window program and the toolbars are just different windows.

uo is a directx program, and every gump is just an image loaded to it. So no window background = nothing.

O

Old Man of UO

gimp is a window program and the toolbars are just different windows.

uo is a directx program, and every gump is just an image loaded to it. So no window background = nothing.
Ahh - thank you for that explanation, Pinco.