• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ultima-registration.com not working?

• Thread starter imported_Risso
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Risso

Everytime I try to set up a subscription it manages to get to 'Processing transaction' (after the usual stops and starts) but then returns me to the previous page with an error message. Anyone else getting this, or have any idea how long it will last?

P

Paris_Hilton

Mythic does not want new players for UO, so if you try to use the link that THEY provide on UO.com, you will find that you are prevented from opening a new account at the very last minute by a "this page is unavailable" message.

You have already entered all your personal information, so not only are you unable to open a new UO account, you are left wondering if Mythic (or someone else) has some nefarious purpose for allowing the KR free trial link to remain on UO.com and for collecting your personal information for no obvious reason.

You CAN start a free UO trial, UO Gold, over at Fileplanet, if you can dig up the proper page with the key code. I'm guessing Fileplanet was given UO Gold codes in bulk back when it came out and still have some left over.

I assume they are old leftover bulk codes because I seriously doubt that Fileplanet cares much more than Mythic whether or not UO gets new accounts.

B

Babble

There are some tricks to get it to work.
Different browsers are sometimes needed or special links.

I think you might try using a different browser maybe?

Silly Seadog

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Arrr, 'tis a sign of complicated times when standards o' communication become blurred.

B

billz

I tried for the past 2 hours but just couldn't make it work. It always shows "This page is currently unavailable" after the last click. I'm using IE 6. What kind of tricks I need to do or which browser can work?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Everytime I try to set up a subscription it manages to get to 'Processing transaction' (after the usual stops and starts) but then returns me to the previous page with an error message. Anyone else getting this, or have any idea how long it will last?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait...

.... it's still on? I thought that they turned that off years ago!

*snicker*

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just created a new acct this weekend, and got the same problem. What finally worked for me was to just make a username and get the basics done, then close the browser and reopen and go back into edit/manage acct and finish up with billing info. Worked for me. Hope that helps.

B

billz

I'm almost giving up now.
May I ask what kind of browser were you using? You just create the account first, then go to Account edit and click "Register to Subscribe Now"?