• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Ultima Online Turns 24! New Adventures Coming this Fall! Are you ready?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Live Events
24th Anniversary Gifts - NOW
Jack o' Lanterns, Trick or Treating and Skeletons OH MY - October 1st
Treasures of the Demonic forces - October 4th
Horrors of the Dark - Champion Spawn - November 1st
Artisan Festival - December 1st
Krampus - December 1st
Holiday Gifts - December 3rd

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Duped accounts masters will be banned as well. If someone is duping there not useing there master account for it unless they have a brain of a 5 year old. And what are classification on master account. I thought all my accounts where linked to my master turns out they are not linked and they are just attached to the same mystic account.

And most importantly was Yoshi right on the duped teleaport rings lol

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Duped accounts masters will be banned as well. If someone is duping there not useing there master account for it unless they have a brain of a 5 year old. And what are classification on master account. I thought all my accounts where linked to my master turns out they are not linked and they are just attached to the same mystic account.

And most importantly was Yoshi right on the duped teleaport rings lol
He said they were being recharged not Duped... Also why would players not Dupe a book of 120 pet scrolls instead?
Or Feudal grips.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Will the Potion of Glorious Fortune be returning for Treasures of Demonic Forces?
Yes! Look for it in the UO Store beginning with that event!

YAY! I might actually be able to get all the rewards i want in my limited playtime then!

One thing that'd be awesome? If the Pentagram buff also made Lifestealers ignore you. Those damn things are annoying as hell when trying to farm Daemon Claws. Hopefully "Treasures of Demonic Forces" has a Fire Daemon spawn like Treasures of Wildfire did. Only Fire Daemons drop Daemon Claws, and Daemon Claws are required to imbue Demon Slayer (which are in high demand right now). Loot the Fire Daemon corpses folks! On Atlantic, it's 750k per Daemon Claw right now, so imbuing just Demon Slayer would cost 7.5 Mill right now, nuts.

Last edited:

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
1632524488750.png

Guess I should get to work.....

The worst part is I have ZERO clue how to do any of that....I just collect stuff....if someone could write a dummies guide to the dummies guide to imbuing/reforging etc. it would be SOOOO appreciated! I have 120 Imbuing but no clue how to use it...complexity is not my forte :/

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
View attachment 122422

The worst part is I have ZERO clue how to do any of that....I just collect stuff....if someone could write a dummies guide to the dummies guide to imbuing/reforging etc. it would be SOOOO appreciated! I have 120 Imbuing but no clue how to use it...complexity is not my forte :/
My crafter is at your disposal

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I need someone to teach me how to use mine! lol Back when I GM'd Tailoring and Blacksmith it was like the end all, be all! I remember burning through Barbed Runics trying to find those sweet sweet pieces.

Now you have reforging and enhancing and imbuing and it makes my head hurt but I want to try.....I just need a step by step SIMPLE guide....I have issues :(

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I need someone to teach me how to use mine! lol Back when I GM'd Tailoring and Blacksmith it was like the end all, be all! I remember burning through Barbed Runics trying to find those sweet sweet pieces.

Now you have reforging and enhancing and imbuing and it makes my head hurt but I want to try.....I just need a step by step SIMPLE guide....I have issues :(
The guild to building is i think stickied here and or the other forum

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will the Potion of Glorious Fortune be returning for Treasures of Demonic Forces?

YAY! I might actually be able to get all the rewards i want in my limited playtime then!

One thing that'd be awesome? If the Pentagram buff also made Lifestealers ignore you. Those damn things are annoying as hell when trying to farm Daemon Claws. Hopefully "Treasures of Demonic Forces" has a Fire Daemon spawn like Treasures of Wildfire did. Only Fire Daemons drop Daemon Claws, and Daemon Claws are required to imbue Demon Slayer (which are in high demand right now). Loot the Fire Daemon corpses folks! On Atlantic, it's 750k per Daemon Claw right now, so imbuing just Demon Slayer would cost 7.5 Mill right now, nuts.
You can craft Elven Fletching, buy flutes from an NPC, and do a quest repeatedly to get all the Daemon claws you need.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can craft Elven Fletching, buy flutes from an NPC, and do a quest repeatedly to get all the Daemon claws you need.
1 Faery Dust per Elven Fletching, so you'd have to farm that up. Then you also have to buy Flutes and wait for restock timer. On average, it'd take 2 Elven Fletching/20 Bamboo Flutes for 1 Daemon Claw. That's still quite a bit of farming for 10 Daemon Claws to imbue Demon Slayer. It may actually be faster to just kill the Fire Daemons in Ter Mur while dodging the Lifestealers. That is, until the Fire Daemon respawns in an unreachable location...

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

Doing my happy dance too! I will probably use several a week. Fingers crossed they work as well as they did during the Deceit event.

See the source image

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
View attachment 122422

Ask what you want in the crafting forum here and you’ll get the help you need. Creating your own weapons is really fun. Making a luck suit too. Etc

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Live Events
24th Anniversary Gifts - NOW
Jack o' Lanterns, Trick or Treating and Skeletons OH MY - October 1st
Treasures of the Demonic forces - October 4th
Horrors of the Dark - Champion Spawn - November 1st
Artisan Festival - December 1st
Krampus - December 1st
Holiday Gifts - December 3rd
Treasures of Demons (Hythloth Dungeon) 4th october , YES! :)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Ask what you want in the crafting forum here and you’ll get the help you need. Creating your own weapons is really fun. Making a luck suit too. Etc
Yeah I had a friend who did that for me...but he quit years ago and everything I've been reading tells me the weapons he made for me aren't a one-stop deal. I thought I only needed one super slayer for each slayer type.

My current Demon Slayer Weapons:
1632577039568.png 1632577120690.png 1632577150565.png

Then a super cool pirate made me this one

1632577299468.png
Which, from what I have been reading, is better then the other 3. (Thank you Garr, very unexpected!)

SO it's not like I don't have weapons or anything, but me and him mainly chained champ spawns all day and I never had issues with the weapons I have.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yarrrrr don't get caught up in the arms race !! Use what has always worked for you even if you can't kill 600 a minute in one hit...

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1 Faery Dust per Elven Fletching, so you'd have to farm that up. Then you also have to buy Flutes and wait for restock timer. On average, it'd take 2 Elven Fletching/20 Bamboo Flutes for 1 Daemon Claw. That's still quite a bit of farming for 10 Daemon Claws to imbue Demon Slayer. It may actually be faster to just kill the Fire Daemons in Ter Mur while dodging the Lifestealers. That is, until the Fire Daemon respawns in an unreachable location...
Or just go to Atl where they're on vendors in stacks of 1k, and buy them and be done with it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Which, from what I have been reading, is better then the other 3.
You make weapons for what that toon needs. See how Drakelord needs HCI. One of my archers needs HCI on weapons also. The earrings wont help us. We would still need 5 more. Those earrings would be perfect if they had 15HCI. Most build in sets of 3 items with 15. Talismans are removed for specific mobs so you can't count on those.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I don't know how to figure all that out.

This is what my sampire looks like without a weapon equipped:

1632619601390.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You are short 5 HCI. Use the earrings. Or you are using them and thats why you are short :)

You don't need DI on the weapon unless you are going to change talismans that have DI.

A double axe or bladed staff does not need that much SSI. Just need 20 with 190 stam. SSI Calc

So you can remove DI on the weapons with a Whetstone and put on something else.

You could change the jewelry with SSI for more Str.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If that Bone armor from Hythloth is not Antique. You could build a suit around it.

I can only use it on one of my guys but I could easily start a new suit with it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yours is kinda like my Necro/SS Fencer.
1632621055827.png

Its a pain trying to get the Dex and 100LRC. Id like the Bone chest for him but he would be short 10LRC.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Not sure what earrings you are talking about.

So my jewelry isn't necessary? Or I need the HCI/ DCI still but not the SSI and add STR?

Why does this have to be so confusing.

1632623212823.png

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well the problem is during the Fire Dungeon event, my Sampire died A LOT! lol I have no idea why...I can do champ spawns all day long....

I'll see how she does during this next one :(

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well the problem is during the Fire Dungeon event, my Sampire died A LOT! lol I have no idea why...I can do champ spawns all day long....

I think it's tough for sampire the paragons make it so you can't life leech

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

The same. No template can life leech from Paragons. You have no way to heal while fighting. You are expecting a different result by doing the same thing. (a supposed definition of insanity.)

I saw one melee template that could solo a Para Balron. It was not a Sampire. (takes forever but a Tamer can also.)

I Changed 2 of my sampires to Dexxers with healing during the first dungeon. I have that Necro/SS fencer that uses SS for healing. I changed another to A Ninja Tiger Form.

One of my swordsmen uses these skills instead. He can not solo a Para Balron but he can heal while trying.
1632626625268.png

Just change your Necro to Healing and use a weapon with LL on crowds.

Only the Para wisps and Balrons will kill you regularly.

Get 50 healing, Wear a corrupted cloak, Set a macro to use bandages while you watch a movie.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Or you can party with your Bard and have them follow you around running Invigorate. That allows your Dexxer to "solo" the Para Balrons. But they change target to the Bard and kill him instantly and you are back to square 1.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can practice on the Balrons at Chaos. Those paras have fewer HP but they are basically the same.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

So my jewelry isn't necessary? Or I need the HCI/ DCI still but not the SSI and add STR?

View attachment 122466
Those are nice. They fit somebody's toon.

If you keep everything else you need new ones that can be completely imbued.

You dont need the LRC or the Intel either. LL and ML on weapon.

So you can find or make new jewels.

This ring is on Atl for 5M. The SDI is useless for u.
1632628013170.png

You can imbue:
25 DI
8 Str
15 HCI
15 DCI

And a partial stat.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Guess you did not see the earrings from Wildfire. I told players on LS to buy a couple of those to sell later.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

A sampire kills and heals through damage. Focus on maximizing damage. This means checking out this thread and making sure you're swinging every 1.25 seconds. Fighting a tough paragon? Lure it to regular spawn so you can whirlwind or momentum strike to heal. Every weapon that I've seen posted is something that I would never use. I'm not saying that those weapons are bad, but rather that my weapons are made for the suit that I wear. Yours should be too. My goal is to either have SSI or DI on a weapon but never both. My primary sampire on my home shard requires neither. Other shards, I'm not that fortunate.

Reforge your weapons to 100% elemental damage and imbue what you require. My primary demon slayer is a 100% cold damage double axe with Hit Cold Area, Hit Lower Attack, Hit Mana Leech, Hit Stamina Leech, and Demon Slayer. You can use a whetstone to remove DI or you could craft/buy non-exceptional, which is what I do, and you still have enough points to max everything since a double axe is two handed.

Without seeing your individual suit pieces and knowing the details behind the stats you posted my main thoughts are: get strength to 150, get HCI to 45, then get DCI to 45. I assume you're holding a weapon in your picture but I'm not certain. At 60 SSI you only need 120 stamina to swing at 1.25. You want to keep a buffer for when you lose stam, but not that much. Drop SSI or drop dex. The dex stat itself only matters for bandage healing speed, which you don't require. Stamina is all that matters without healing skill.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yours is kinda like my Necro/SS Fencer.
View attachment 122461

Its a pain trying to get the Dex and 100LRC. Id like the Bone chest for him but he would be short 10LRC.
My Sampire has GM SS. I use Arcane Thigh Boots and carry 5 Arcane Gems for Vamp Form, Wraith Form and Corpse Skin casts. I simply carry 5 stacks of 20 Pig Iron for casting Curse Weapon. Sometimes if i'm specifically hunting something that i'll be casting Corpse Skin a lot on (such as Chief Paroxy, Great Ape, UEVs or Para Cu Sidhes) then i'll also carry 100 Bat Wings and Grave Dust.

Get 50 healing, Wear a corrupted cloak, Set a macro to use bandages while you watch a movie.
I used two accounts to train Healing fast. One was a 120 Paladin in a 30 MR/55% LMC/100% LRC suit with an EC macro set to cast Noble Sacrifice every couple seconds, the other was my char training Healing with 140+ DEX and 0 Anatomy. When healing damage, the lower the target's current Health %, the better the gains.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is not confusing it is challenging, which is fun.

All my dexxers have the same basic skills with different values then I can try other skills with those. All of them have their own suits that try to get the best benefits from what they have. I have crafted pieces, Artifacts, pieces I buy from player vendors,and a few pieces I actually looted myself. I have never liked playing a Sampire.

You just need to get maximum swing speed, 45 HCI, and a DCI you can live with. Then try to get your strength to 150 so you can do max damage. You can use Petals and Potions for more str.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am very excited to build a suit starting with the Hythloth Bone Armor.
I need another set of Feudal grips which have gone way too high in price.

gwen

Slightly Crazed

Cheap solution :use refinements "of defense" on 5 pieces of equipment to raise your fire resist to 75. Helps to reduce fire breath damage from paragon hellhound and other stuff. Before I did that seeing 2 paragon dogs or a fire steed was imminent death for me. 40 or 45 DCI difference is not very big.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I am very excited to build a suit starting with the Hythloth Bone Armor.
I need another set of Feudal grips which have gone way too high in price.
Easy for me. Just take off Valkyrie armor and put Balron one. I have many toons with it. Cheap and powerful for a low start on a shard

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It's confusing to me....all I see is a jumble of letters and numbers...HCI, DCI, SSI, blah blah...

I have been trying off and on for years to figure it out and it just makes my head hurt :(

I didn't get much from Wildfire, I started the event a month late and wasn't on much. If it wasn't for some pretty amazing people on Origin I wouldn't have gotten anything from that event.

This is her gear

1632664620655.png

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Very unusual weapon. Why you put SSI and HCI on weapon, not on suit or jewels ? Some special warrior build ? You even spent a whetstone for that. Explain, please.
9-25-210029.jpg
naked
9-25-210028.jpg
fully dressed real skills showing