• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ultima Online Memorabilia (Pin & Map/s)

X

xzarm

First of all, apologies if this is the wrong place to post this - I checked all of the available Stratics sub-forums and this one seemed to be the most relevant. Please let me know if I should post this elsewhere, or not at all.

I recently had a huge cleanout when I moved house and found a box full of old game maps and memorabilia. Among all of this, I found my old UO pewter pin and cloth map, as well as a few of the other paper maps.

Although I spent over an hour searching around fan sites for references to these items, I can't find any mention of these being sold. I've tried EBay and had my auction expire twice now for the pin, and once for the map. Is there any interest for these items? I'd like to see these go to someone who would appreciate them instead of putting them back into storage.

Thanks.

W

Woodsman

Although I spent over an hour searching around fan sites for references to these items, I can't find any mention of these being sold. I've tried EBay and had my auction expire twice now for the pin, and once for the map. Is there any interest for these items? I'd like to see these go to someone who would appreciate them instead of putting them back into storage.

Thanks.
Send them to JC The Builder or take really good/detailed pictures of them and send them to JC The Builder so they can be added to UOGuide.com.

Fogsbane

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I purchased this when it originally came out - it was part of a box package for the original release (non charter edition) of UO. I like to use the UO pewter pin as a tie pin myself.

It is tough to gauge interest, and most collector's would probably want the complete package - box, cd, manuals, etc. I imagine you could eventually sell it on ebay.

reference image can be seen here ~
Ultima Collectors Guide - Ultima Online - Original Edition

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How much would you be wanting for them? I'd like to have them.. PM with with a price and we'll set something up. I have a PayPal account we could prolly do it that way.

Just so everyone knows.. I am interested in ALL Ultima memorabilia.
Still a few cloth maps I haven't aquired yet and several box sets I need as well. But even individual peices I'll buy.

A

Aboo

I purchased this when it originally came out - it was part of a box package for the original release (non charter edition) of UO. I like to use the UO pewter pin as a tie pin myself.

It is tough to gauge interest, and most collector's would probably want the complete package - box, cd, manuals, etc. I imagine you could eventually sell it on ebay.

reference image can be seen here ~
Ultima Collectors Guide - Ultima Online - Original Edition
I got the same thing. I still have the original box, CD, map and pin.

Over the years I have attended a few UO gatherings when it was still based in Austin, TX. At one of the gatherings I won a map for having the most active accounts and all the devs that were in attendance signed it. Some day I would like to have that map along with my original one framed to hang in my computer room.

X

xzarm

Hey Ludes,

Unfortunately I can't send PMs as I'm a new user w/ less than 10 posts. You could PM me an email address if you'd like?

Triberius

Firefall Moderator | LotRO Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First of all, apologies if this is the wrong place to post this - I checked all of the available Stratics sub-forums and this one seemed to be the most relevant. Please let me know if I should post this elsewhere, or not at all.

I recently had a huge cleanout when I moved house and found a box full of old game maps and memorabilia. Among all of this, I found my old UO pewter pin and cloth map, as well as a few of the other paper maps.

Thanks.
The pewter pins came with the Charter Edition I think, that was the Pre-Order for the initial launch.

It look like this?

Actually if you want to verify what you have belonging to the Charter Edition check this page. http://mocagh.org/loadpage.php?getgame=uocharter Museum of Computer Adventure Game History.

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i actualy managed to get a great deal on ebay myself, 4 different maps, 2 of the older computer gaems, 5 of the tarrot cards. was one of the greatest deals i could find, im alway looking to find more maps, gana eventualy try and cover a wall with em.

F

fightattack

If any of you are willing to part with your UO pin - please send me an email at
my username @ gmail.com with an estimate of how much you'd like + shipping.

If you've got the pin and the cloth map I might be interested in both.

I no longer play, but Ultima Online has a special place in my heart and I'm very interested in picking up a pin & map or two. :)
Thanks!

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
had 3 of these before, bought 3 of the boxes when it was released ..for some friends to play! but i kept the maps n pins..few years later a flood destroyed the maps! grr..lol, what i have now is a stygian abyss poster that the dev team signed (before most of them got laid off!) lol.., always been curious about the worth of that...i believe there was only 3 of them from a SA beta contest

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still buying if anyones selling.. PM me, ICQ me or post here.

B

baktrak

I recently discovered my Ultima Online Map and pewter pin sitting in a box from back in 1997. Willing to sell.

S

Skullduggery55

I'd be interested in buying one of the cloth maps or pins or both. Just shoot me a pm with your email and we can work something out.

C

Chris Stinson

I have just found that I have a cloth map and pin.
I'm willing to sell, but I'm a new memeber, so if you are interested can you please PM me with an offer?

Last edited by a moderator:

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got Pin and cloth map too but my cloth map has The Lost lands on it too. :)

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i don't have the pin but i do have the cloth map! should frame that thing rofl, same one as in your picture.. rofl.. sticker on the game box "Games for Windows 95" yikes....:)

Last edited:

Hell's Ironworks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Brings back memories, i still have all those, along with the box with the blackthorn statuette and a renaissance cd UO shipped me when it came out. :)

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

People who are willing to part with their map/pin, send me a PM if you haven't already had offers.

studiomana

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I am looking for a cloth map and pin. I am a new to the forum but if anyone has a map and pin please shoot me a PM! If you can't PM we can arrange something else?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I wish I could have gotten one when they first came out... but heck I didn't even have a computer back then!

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm only missing one of the Ultima games, Martian Dreams. The rest I have original boxes & contents for, including all the hint books. Yay for GoG since most are all but unplayable on modern computers.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My pin is pewter colored. Not the goldtone one above. I bought whatever was in the store in Sept 97. Also have the map.

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 2 different cloth maps, my wife made them into throw pillows a long time ago, I love them.

On a side note I miss the mythic store. Last year my ankh keychain broke and they are impossible to find for sale.

York_Siege

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Seems UO could make some coin if they produced some for sale. I wouldn't mind buying a pin and a cloth map.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know mail them to me.. I will take good care and cherish them.... nephew got the maps, i lost out not knowing ... oh well.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got the same thing. I still have the original box, CD, map and pin.

Over the years I have attended a few UO gatherings when it was still based in Austin, TX. At one of the gatherings I won a map for having the most active accounts and all the devs that were in attendance signed it. Some day I would like to have that map along with my original one framed to hang in my computer room.
My wife got one too for having the youngest account at the time.

Wyvern35

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Because I refuse to let super old posts die:

I've recently located my stash of UO memorabilia and realized that I had long ago destroyed my UO pewter pin. I know these things must exist still, and I am looking for one to add to my collection. I see the sets going on Ebay and I am absolutely willing to pay well for one. If anyone is looking for an easy $50 bucks... PM me. I plan to put the pin in a plastic case to ensure I never lose another one.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
This isn't mine but I have one just like it. Up at the cottage so I can't post a pic of mine. Last one that sold on ebay went for $385. I'd *consider* selling it :)

Attachments

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Someone cast a powerful resurrection spell on this post!

I have a full set of the toys... Captain Dasha, Blackthorn, an Ancient Wyrm.... etc... I love them... would never part with them.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
whos been digging!! thread is over 4 years olde

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Talk about them all you wish, but this is not the place to sell UO collector's items.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I have all the old Ultima games with the 5 1/4" disks and all. They put a lot of cool stuff in them. Maps, coins, tarot cards, and such. They're all scattered in boxes in the basement. I should gather them all together in one place. The UO conventions in Indy and such were great for swag. Got the necklace, Tshirts, posters and such from those. Can't believe i never thought to get autographs.... @Zuckuss I don't think I could ever sell my pewter dragon anyway. Actually would like to find the other one from a year or so later too.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I didn't see anything in the ROC about selling out of game items.....another arbitrary rule?
I was thinking the same but I didn't think it was worth pancakes about at the time, lol. I can understand in game stuff as it directly effects the game. Although there's no shortage of place where you can buy in game stuff. But this kinda thing really has no direct impact on the game and it's kinda fun :) It is directly UO related. But it's their sandbox, so whatever. Hopefully they'll warn Mesanna the next time she's pimping her T-Shirts ;)

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Perhaps we need a new sandbox....
Here's the thing with me. While I understand EA's, Broadsword's, and Stratics position on in game items, which I feel is reasonable if that's what they wanna do (I'm getting a little off topic on this as I see physical items completely different than virtual items as long as they are UO related), and I get it if someone gets ripped off in any form they wanna distance themselves with any responsibility. Like I'm gonna sue Stratics for the 20 buck map someone decides to rip me off for, lol. I don't see that one going to the supreme court, lol. Anyway (this being aimed more at EA/Broadsword) the thing is how does EA justify this when there are so many websites out there that are doing this every day and they take no action against them? As far as I understand some are even sanctioned to do this by EA and get discounts in order to resell? Honestly I don't really care, but how can you take a strong stand against players and then have partnerships with sites to do the same thing? I understand currently many sites do this game time for gold thing to get gold to sell and have no direct involvement with EA. If you do the math some come out ahead without being involved with EA and thus turn a profit. But I know for a fact, at least in the past, there were contracted resellers who had arrangements with EA to sell UO items. Some of the big players from back in the day discuss this on Youtube. So the whole mess should be addressed. Why EA doesn't just sell the stuff/gold themselves I don't understand. Why EA gives this money away to all the vendors out there on the internet is beyond me. It's not like EA is "really" doing anything about all this, other than to say if you get ripped off don't come crying to us. But every time this topic comes up I gotta ask why EA gives all this money away to 3rd party vendors? Is UO really doing that great that they can give that money away? The Mythic UO store is really missing the boat. There's so many things they could sell there, like exclusive deco items and such, to raise more money to help the game. Maybe they can't pimp enough to make it F2P, but they could certainly raise a lot more money to advance the game and extend it. People get all bent outta shape when it's suggested Mythic just sell UO gold. But at the same time it's going on everyday. I'd rather see this money go directly to the game. *scratches* I always feel like in the Holy Grail where the peasants are working in the fields discussing politics on a high level. It's all so obvious what goes on but no one cares. You'd think if EA cared about anything it would be making more money, lol.

thomas k

Visitor
Because I refuse to let super old posts die:

I've recently located my stash of UO memorabilia and realized that I had long ago destroyed my UO pewter pin. I know these things must exist still, and I am looking for one to add to my collection. I see the sets going on Ebay and I am absolutely willing to pay well for one. If anyone is looking for an easy $50 bucks... PM me. I plan to put the pin in a plastic case to ensure I never lose another one.
I've got the old cloth map & pin from when I started in -99.
I posted it in one of the trade forum but I forgot wich one or it got deleted. Its from the renesance eu edition. Map has been framed this whole time so its pretty much in mint condition. My pin is also tin colored, not goldish like pictured earlier.

Though youre after the pin only, i gather.