• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ultima Online is loading... (stuck on screen)

jwauk99

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whenever I try to run UO without UOAssist this happens.

I double click the UO 2D Client icon, and the patch screen comes up. So far so good. As soon as the patch session completes and I click "OK", i get this little white box that appears saying "Ultima Online is loading..." and it STAYS on my desktop even when my UO client is loaded where I'm prompted to logon.

Even if I quit UO, the "Ultima Online is loading...." still stays on screen and the ONLY way to get rid of it is to kill the UO.exe process.

Windows 7/x64 bit.

Any idea what's going on?

curlybeard

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think what you describe normally happens on Vista and Win7. The only way I've found to get rid of it is to run the client.exe file directly, rather than starting the patcher.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Windows 64 bit.

Any idea what's going on?
It happens on vista 64 bit as well. I think it is just the 64 bit OS as my wife's desktop runs 32 bit vista and her netbook runs windows 7 basic and it doesn't happen on either of her computers but my desktop vista 64 bit and notebook windows 7 64 bit and it happens to both.

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Other have said that running in admin sometimes works, or running under a different compatibility mode, but that didnt work for me.

The only thing I have found that works for me so far is to start the game through UOAssist (run in admin) or there are some changes you can make to your windows registry, but I do not remember what they are right this minute (I will try to look it up and see what they were) and dont recommend doing that unless you are very comfortable with doing so.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have you tried looking at your video settings and see if they are set to 64, 32 or 16 bit. I think at one point in time I changed one of these settings and it stopped the loading widow from sticking. I'll check it tonight.