• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Ultima Online Holiday Newsletter

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wonder what multi boxers they are claiming to take action against? Same ones I see on several shards are there day after day after day... I call BS on 77 actions taken.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wonder what multi boxers they are claiming to take action against? Same ones I see on several shards are there day after day after day... I call BS on 77 actions taken.
Depends on what kind they are talking about.

When doing a spawn on my sampire I keep a account there hiding for a rez. That can be seen as multi boxers. And then at a idoc I will have two accounts move one to barrel then move the other thats multi boxing as well I dont believe it is but have been told and paged on it.

Its a very thin line to cross most times it depends on who it is.

But then you have people running 5 accounts plus at a idoc what would you call that?

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Depends on what kind they are talking about.

When doing a spawn on my sampire I keep a account there hiding for a rez. That can be seen as multi boxers. And then at a idoc I will have two accounts move one to barrel then move the other thats multi boxing as well I dont believe it is but have been told and paged on it.

Its a very thin line to cross most times it depends on who it is.

But then you have people running 5 accounts plus at a idoc what would you call that?
After 20 years of playing, pretty sure I know who's multi-boxing and who's multi-clienting. It's usually the keystroke casting that gives it away.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so when they say 77 people got actioned against for multiboxing..... should that not maybe just say 4 people got actioned against for multiboxing?

huh!
huh!
get it!!!!

Last edited:

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
do when they say 77 people got actioned against for multiboxing..... should that not maybe just say 4 people got actioned against for multiboxing?

huh!
huh!
get it!!!!
77 accounts i think your right with the 4 people maybe 5. It is funny they always seem to jump up when a event is going on.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Abuse of Game Mechanics - Probably the people using crates and Personal Attendants to block mobs from reaching them on top of the Lvl 4 Hythloth gatehouse, as they multi-box a bunch of SWers spamming Thunderstorm.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Abuse of Game Mechanics - Probably the people using crates and Personal Attendants to block mobs from reaching them on top of the Lvl 4 Hythloth gatehouse, as they multi-box a bunch of SWers spamming Thunderstorm.
How many times have I told you to stop being overly optimistic. Hmmm? :lick:

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Not to the GMs and Devs lol
The same GMs & DEVs that:

1. seems to be unable to see that ALL the placing of post-IDOC Keeps & Castles on ATL are SCRIPT DONE;
2. at ANY report on this matter replies with "The issue will be investigated"... but the K&C ALWAYS remains where the Scripters placed them?

Hmm... yes, I suppose they are the same, yes... :p

Last edited:

gwen

Slightly Crazed
The same GMs & DEVs that:

1. seems to be unable to see that ALL the House placing of post-IDOC Keeps & Castles on ATL are SCRIPT DONE;
2. at ANY report on this matter replies with "The issue will be investigated"... but the K&C ALWAYS remains where the Scripters placed them?

Hmm... yes, I suppose they are the same, yes... :p
I placed a house only once on Atl. It was a small tower. It took me very long time to understand how to do it.
If "scripters" will go away once, somebody will place it before I will do. With faster ping and /or fingers.
With current Atl house prices lots of people are willing to place one. Only one will succeed. Other players not so lucky will call him scripter again.

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I placed a house only once on Atl. It was a small tower. It took me very long time to understand how to do it.
If "scripters" will go away once, somebody will place it before I will do. With faster ping and /or fingers.
With current Atl house prices lots of people are willing to place one. Only one will succeed. Other players not so lucky will call him scripter again.
I placed more than one House on ATL, even recently. Till the "Tower Level", the placement biz is indeed, IMO too, fair enough: "Faster Fingers" normally wins.

At the multi-Plats Keep & Castle level IT IS NOT, and of this there are multiple testimony about placements of K&C that required a "Single Tile" precision done PERFECTLY and AT THE EXACT MOMENT in which the plot became available after an IDOC.

And placements that require such a "neat" Timing & Geo-Precision", are de facto impossible without... "help".

So, please, let's be so kind not to fool ourselves about this issue...

Last edited:

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I placed more than one House on ATL, even recently. Till the "Tower Level", the placement biz is indeed, IMO too, fair enough: "Faster Fingers" normally wins.

At the multi-Plats Keep & Castle level IT IS NOT, and of this there are multiple testimony about placements of K&C that required a "Single Tile" precision done PERFECTLY and AT THE EXACT MOMENT in which the plot became available after an IDOC.

And placements that require such a "neat" Timing & Geo-Precision", are de facto impossible without... "help".

So, please, let's be so kind not to fool ourselves about this issue...
Yes, it is precision and timing. I personally never trained how to do this. Never learned. Never even checked which moment I can place a house after idoc. I rarely go to Idoc at all, especially on Atl.
Some person did research, found fastest way to do this. And that person paying his/her sub same as I do.
Till that person was not caught by developers for using unapproved or forbidden tools, I assume they do just fine.