• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ultima Online Forums Down

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
Been trying all day to log into UO Forums and keep getting " An error occurred during authentication." on all my forum accounts. Also all my Sovereigns for the UO Store are gone and no my accounts are fine. Anybody else having this problem.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yep happens to me too. UO forums borked. Their auth services are effed.
Makes you wonder how shoddy their auth service programming is...

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
Yep happens to me too. UO forums borked. Their auth services are effed.
Makes you wonder how shoddy their auth service programming is...
LOL This is the first time this has happened so it must not be to "shoddy". Haters just gotta hate don't they.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
LOL This is the first time this has happened so it must not be to "shoddy". Haters just gotta hate don't they.
Forum has been up and down several times the past couple of weeks.
Error 500, mixed with these auth issues.

But yeah, call me a hater for pointing out fact :)

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
Forum has been up and down several times the past couple of weeks.
Error 500, mixed with these auth issues.

But yeah, call me a hater for pointing out fact :)
I have been on UO Forum every day since the pandemic hit and it has been up every day except today. Maybe you are confusing UO.com being down a lot.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have been on UO Forum every day since the pandemic hit and it has been up every day except today. Maybe you are confusing UO.com being down a lot.
They have been down before for a few hours at a time not long in a 24 hr day. This site goes down sometimes as well. I remember when I worked midnights I think 1am est time it went down a few mins each day

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think I check them a lot. This is the first time we could not log in in a really long time. I doubt I have missed a day since 2020. Ill miss a few days around the 4th cause Ill be in Mena Arkansas. They have poor internet.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Pingdom says otherwise for forum.uo.com . Not even close to 99% uptime over the last year.
Lots of intermittent connection issues . They use AWS but the backend service seems fcked alot.

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
Congrats on being an 18 hr/day UO addict.
Stuck at home as the main caregiver to my partner since Feb 2020, not much else to do. Oh and because of Calif covid shot rules we got our shots April 2020, should have taken a trip to Tex or Florida or Alaska to be first in line not last.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I noticed that Broadsword's account management site was down yesterday (Sunday) every time I checked, so that could be why the forum was not working and why sovereigns might not have showed up.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I noticed that Broadsword's account management site was down yesterday (Sunday) every time I checked, so that could be why the forum was not working and why sovereigns might not have showed up.
UO.com and the Origin site go down quite often.
I was wondering why I had no sovereigns yesterday. I figured I spent them.

Congrats on being an 18 hr/day UO addict.
I log in on the device in my bedroom. Then use my phone during the day. After work I use my computer. So y'all need to post more to keep me entertained.

Rieley

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes!!! Account management page is unavailable. I'm freaking, was trading house owners on my accounts and my mistake, I cannot trade my last house to another account due to 7 day timer. My mistake so I bought a 30 time code from origin and cannot activate a subscription to hold this house. Account management page down!! From searching I fear this house will fall in 5 days???? Surly it won't be down for 5 days? Right? There is one account I can move my garden beds and drop the house but I get the notice that action will NOT end the 7 day timer. Any ideas?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes!!! Account management page is unavailable. I'm freaking, was trading house owners on my accounts and my mistake, I cannot trade my last house to another account due to 7 day timer. My mistake so I bought a 30 time code from origin and cannot activate a subscription to hold this house. Account management page down!! From searching I fear this house will fall in 5 days???? Surly it won't be down for 5 days? Right? There is one account I can move my garden beds and drop the house but I get the notice that action will NOT end the 7 day timer. Any ideas?
It can and sometimes does fall in 5 days... DO NOT wait till the last min... get that done NOW.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is now about 10:20 pm Eastern Daylight Time on Monday evening and the Broadsword account management site is currently up and you can log in there.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is now about 10:20 pm Eastern Daylight Time on Monday evening and the Broadsword account management site is currently up and you can log in there.
Its been up since at least this afternoon, atleast when I checked it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yup I bought items earlier from the UO Store, my sovereigns returned.

Rieley

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh no all, can you please check again...ya'll posted this 20-30 min ago and it's still down for me. I'm SE USA in central time zone. It's 10:52 PM I shouldn't say 'still' down, maybe down again? I'm very nervous. Hadn't been on for last 8 hours or so.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh no all, can you please check again...ya'll posted this 20-30 min ago and it's still down for me. I'm SE USA in central time zone. It's 10:52 PM I shouldn't say 'still' down, maybe down again? I'm very nervous. Hadn't been on for last 8 hours or so.
Forums were up this AM when I logged in. I still see sovereigns and UO.com is up. I just logged into the forum on a device. That is working. Also Central zone US.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Clear your browsers cache or try a different browser. Youre probably just seeing a cached page

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Try another browser.

Rieley

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you all, you're the best. It was my browser. Such relief, thank you so much.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you all, you're the best. It was my browser. Such relief, thank you so much.
Now consider some therapy for getting that worked up about a game. Yes Ive been playing this game for over 20 years, but I can never see myself getting that worked up about it to the point that I display it to everyone. Don't let the game consume you so much that you no longer enjoy it.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Rieley
and then consider doing the 6-month block and automatic renewal, charged to your credit card. It's less expensive and causes less risk to your houses, that way.

Then joined Unleashed here on Stratics so that people can tell you what they really think of the idea of risking your housing through not paying.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Now consider some therapy for getting that worked up about a game. Yes Ive been playing this game for over 20 years, but I can never see myself getting that worked up about it to the point that I display it to everyone. Don't let the game consume you so much that you no longer enjoy it.
Coming from the guy who got so worked up he won't post on the official forums now... and made a thread to tell everyone how worked up he was.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Coming from the guy who got so worked up he won't post on the official forums now... and made a thread to tell everyone how worked up he was.
I think we all get worked up about things we are passionate about. Now I get pretty darn worked up about things I've invested thousands of dollars in... and before anyone gets all up in arms about that statement I'm talking about over the 20+ years I've played... Not that I buy all sorts of crap for the game... like gold or anything but just paying for accounts, updates, upgrades, sovereigns for some things... and all that over the many accounts I have and all.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Then joined Unleashed here on Stratics so that people can tell you what they really think of the idea of risking your housing through not paying.
How do you know that is what they were doing? It may have been but I have never done that and I have traded ownership to different accounts and have made a new account to hold a house while I got things figured out.

Sounds more like they tried to put a house on account they just used for a trade and found they could not do that. Which I have also done.

Rieley

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rieley
and then consider doing the 6-month block and automatic renewal, charged to your credit card. It's less expensive and causes less risk to your houses, that way.

I know what you are saying, and to let everyone know I do have auto renewal. On all my accounts, right now I have 4, actually as of yesterday I have 5 but will not keep the 5th. House 1 crafting, House 2 vendors, House 3 GARDEN BEDS galore and rugs, House 4 just storage and deco. I did not understand the 7 day timer correctly, this is my fault. I actually only play one account, my main, the rest are simply house holders.

What I was doing, wanted to move my main account from craft house to vendor house because she was renting the vendors from other account. I wanted to use the commission vendors. And, at the same time I was going to eventually drop my 4th account, so I wanted my youngest account to hold the 4th house which I would drop eventually.

I messed up due to the 7 days timer. Not lack of payment. So, to solve my situation I bought a 1 month game code from Origin for an old old account to activate simply to hold a house until the timer ran out. Had the code but could not get on account management, first time that happened to me because I've purchased plenty of sovereigns. Thank goodness for stratics, it was my browser.

To Mr GarthGrey, awwww sweetheart thank you for your concern. I am going to make an appointment right away. I'll let the therapist know of your concern because I posted a problem I was having on a public gaming forum. Bless your heart.

Also Mr GarthGrey, I was going to make a post regarding how others obtain Crystalline Blackrock now. Do you think that would be too much for me in my condition? Not sure the therapist would understand my desire for the blackrock and do not want to put me put on heavy meds. What are you prescribed?