• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Ultima Online December Newsletter

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A new edition of the Ultima Online Newsletter has been released you can read the newsletter via the Continue Reading link below.

Continue reading...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Very nice! Fits the usual schedule.

Finally they may make the carpentry BODs work! Persistence pays off!

Will insert cheerleaders when it is live.

The crafting items sound sweet! I hope you can choose size. I need that water wheel!! @Gidge

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, NOW @Mesanna announces that " The UO Swag Store is a third party retailer". Call me crazy, but why would/should this site be allowed to advertise through OFFICIAL UO communications? Who actually DOES own it?
Based on the way the newsletter is worded, I'd say it's not a third-party site as you're suggesting.

It's simply another company working with EA/BS/UO to sell UO merch. not like a third-party gold-seller/site that would be 'stealing' sales from UO.
It does refer to them as a 'partner' right after the part you're referring to, as well as citing that the issues would be worked out.

"The UO Swag Store is a third party retailer and as with all new partnerships there are always issues to work out, please be patient and email if there is ever a problem so we can see that it is addressed."

It would have been an interesting conspiracy theory though :D

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Based on the way the newsletter is worded, I'd say it's not a third-party site as you're suggesting.

It's simply another company working with EA/BS/UO to sell UO merch. not like a third-party gold-seller/site that would be 'stealing' sales from UO.
It does refer to them as a 'partner' right after the part you're referring to, as well as citing that the issues would be worked out.

"The UO Swag Store is a third party retailer and as with all new partnerships there are always issues to work out, please be patient and email if there is ever a problem so we can see that it is addressed."

I didn't intend it to imply it was a "third-party gold-seller/site". My question was more along the line of, "OK, if I want to start selling UO merchandise, would I be allowed to advertise as well?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Do you see any trade marks on that web site, NO you do not. Does EA even know about this site?

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION: How would you feel IF it turns out that "UO Swag" is owned by someone who is known to be a RMT person? Which, to my knowledge IS against the current UO ToS.

Disclaimer: I am NOT saying, or even implying it is, of course. This is STRICTLY a hypothetical question.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION: How would you feel IF it turns out that "UO Swag" is owned by someone who is known to be a RMT person? Which, to my knowledge IS against the current UO ToS.

Disclaimer: I am NOT saying, or even implying it is, of course. This is STRICTLY a hypothetical question.
Anyone???

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I don't even do anything with a certain game-related radio station any more since I found out they are sponsored by gold selling sites. :(

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Anyone???
I'd want to see the evidence. But if it was true, I would be livid, and I would be reconsidering some things.

So far, I've not seen enough to draw conclusions. The site is very basic, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I don't even do anything with a certain game-related radio station any more since I found out they are sponsored by gold selling sites. :(
Me either. I emailed @Mesanna with information about it, regarding a different matter. So she KNOWS about it, AND knows that it is tied to gold selling sites. So why hasn't anything been done about it?????????

Last edited:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I honestly wouldn't care, it's a 20 year old mmo. I'm happy shards are still online. There's lots of issues on UO, and I could care less about who they sub business to for shirts and mugs.
LOL I saw the prices and knew whether it was a real shop or not, wouldnt be getting any of my money

Merth

Journeyman
Sounds like the new vendor will be a good answer for the really high priced goods. Might even make ps’s available if people know they arent just sitting there burning cash waiting on a buyer...price what you want plus vendor commission and done.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Problem is, knowing how this team works and thinks, with everything they have added lately and how it has been, they will make the commission some ridiculous percentage that will still keep us discouraged.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Very nice! Fits the usual schedule.

Finally they may make the carpentry BODs work! Persistence pays off!

Will insert cheerleaders when it is live.

The crafting items sound sweet! I hope you can choose size. I need that water wheel!! @Gidge

*looks for the new items*

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Year still to be determined. And I may have missed it, but weren't vet things due in this release as well?

Yeah, by the time they get bods fixed, etc etc, it will run long, I don't se e it being on time

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Wait .... BOD fixes were supposed to be Pub 102 weren't they? And here we are on 103 with 104 looming. Can figure all the stuff in this news thing plus vet stuff will be pub 106 or something at this rate.

Note to self: Don't rely on BS producing anything on time or properly implemented.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
wait... Uo has a swag store not related to EA?
link please ill find the owner.
Also why isnt broadsword or EA doing this from their own site?
Did mesanna get a screen printer? lol.