• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ultima Online 2 is announced!!

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh wait!! That's just the Elder Scrolls Online!!

The Elder Scrolls Online – Screenshots and Details | XBIGY Games

I've always wondered when there would be an Elder Scrolls Online game, my favorite RPGs next to the Ultima franchises, I have often compared both as they are similar in a lot of ways... I don't think I like the direction in having factions in an Elder Scrolls MMO however unless they take the "Darkfall" route with factions... Then I would agree, the game MUST have opened PVP.. To me, it sounds like it will be a lot like DAOC more than UO or Guild Wars.. Looks like they are going with a skill based system as well.. *thumbs up to that*

I hope it succeeds.. I am not going to keep my hopes up though with games like Guild Wars 2, The Secret World and Planetside 2 on my front lawn, it probably won't come out for at least 3 years. And even so I expect that it will be greatly hyped and upon release, will have a massive decline in their player base. Like I said, not going to keep my hopes up. But I shall be watching its development.. :)

Also, Zenimax says they want a bold new direction and based upon the screenshots I have seen, Bethesda plans on making an MMO that looks exactly like every other typical fantasy MMO game ever released, another reason I won't keep my hopes up, it looks like it will be a grindfest..

iamSnippa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UPDATE: Images removed due to copyright infringement.
bah, figures...
I wouldn't expect that game to come out any time soon. I was reading an article earlier about Bethesda & their lawsuit over the Fallout series that suggested they MAY make an Elder Scrolls MMO. That article was written about a month or 2 ago. ESO I am sure is still in the very early stages of development (if you compare to say the development of World of Warcraft). The time frame for it's release would have to be (and I'm only assuming here) at least 5 years down the road from now.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well the title got my hopes up for the time it took your post to load. Thanks.

W

Woodsman

Not only has it been in developed, it's slated for 2013.

2013. The first Elder Scrolls Online MMIORPG going head-to-head with Blizzard's next MMORPG.

Interesting year.

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ESO has been in dev since 07 and looks like a completely standard WoW clone. Not even any housing.
While I wouldn't go as far as to say it'll be a "WoW-clone", I have gone as far as to suggest to people that they not get their hopes up that it'll be "Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim with lots of people".
Lack of development originality is only part of the reason so many modern MMOGs are so similar.

Coldren

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having seen the article scans from the magazine, UO has nothing to fear on this front.
- No skill system, only class based.
- No housing.
- Instances.

But on the upside, it has 3 faction PvP... So this is closer to DAoC 2, especially since it's Executive Producer is Matt Frior, of DAoC fame.
... So yeah, I'll be playing it. :party:

<-- Profile image is from Skyrim, after all!

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having seen the article scans from the magazine, UO has nothing to fear on this front.

- No housing.
I love the single player games but always felt they didn't do housing very well. I'll continue to stick with UO until UO2 comes out (and oh yes, it is coming).

W

Woodsman

I love the single player games but always felt they didn't do housing very well. I'll continue to stick with UO until UO2 comes out (and oh yes, it is coming).
I hope you're not talking about the Ultima 4Ever Facebook/social media stuff, because it's not going to be UO or UO2 and it's not meant to replace UO.

Z

Zapa

IMHO. I love Elder Scrolls, but this is just another WoW clone. So, I'm passing on this as I should of done for MMO theme-park SWTOR. I'm sticking with UO.

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No Woodsman. Garriott has started a company that is designing a new MMORPG that will be called something different but it's basically UO2. I don't know if I can post links to the info here but you can Google it.

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No Woodsman. Garriott has started a company that is designing a new MMORPG that will be called something different but it's basically UO2. I don't know if I can post links to the info here but you can Google it.
Unless it's something I haven't heard of, the that's most likely all the talk he was doing pre-Ultimate Collector.

If you have something I'm unaware of, you're welcome to throw me a link in PM, and I can at the very least explore your concerns of posting it here :)