• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UI Assistance

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I posted this on the other forum too, so sorry if you read there but you never know who is reading what.

So I loaded up Pinco's for the first time in ages to see if the lag I get with that UI had improved any. It hasn't, it is still like trying to play in quicksand.

Went back to the Default UI to find that my Journal has now completely disappeared, on all characters on any account I log into, as has the spell text above my head when casting heal etc.

Any ideas on how to get it back, I cannot play without a journal.

I am also getting a script error message when loading up the game in the default UI on the patch screen.

In fact ALL MY OVERHEAD TEXT has disappeared as well.

script error.jpg

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok well i just rebooted my computer, logged into UO using pinco's UI Patcher, but then selected default UI and it was ok, so logged out of that and rebooted the client using the normal UO patch screen and everything now seems normal.

Darned if I know what the problem was.

Still getting the patch error tho, but I assume that is because UO.com is down?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Journal is not really a default tab, System is. You can delete Journal and add a new tab or several tabs.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I posted this on the other forum too, so sorry if you read there but you never know who is reading what.

So I loaded up Pinco's for the first time in ages to see if the lag I get with that UI had improved any. It hasn't, it is still like trying to play in quicksand.

Went back to the Default UI to find that my Journal has now completely disappeared, on all characters on any account I log into, as has the spell text above my head when casting heal etc.

Any ideas on how to get it back, I cannot play without a journal.

I am also getting a script error message when loading up the game in the default UI on the patch screen.

In fact ALL MY OVERHEAD TEXT has disappeared as well.

View attachment 102424
If you're having problems with my UI you should come on discord and ask for help instead of just giving up :D
You're probably the only one having lag problems and it could be because of some error or some other reason, but if you don't report the problems how can I know they exist? :p