• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Two Tamer accounts 1 subscription

codemonkey84

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
So I recently decided to come back to Ultima due to nostalgia after listening to the stones song (classic intro).
I played mainly between 2000 and 2004. And again around 2015.

I have several developed characters and two accounts(couldn't find my original account info the first time coming back so started a new one). The older account has a subscription now (d'oh, probably will switch that over) but no high seas/time of legends etc and is located on Great Lakes.. The newer account has everything but no subscription, at this time at least, and is on Atlantic. Both have 100+ skilled tamers on each account. The older account is a peace/tamer and the other one is a straight mage/tamer. Both have roughly the same characters otherwise(sampires, crafters, bards, fisherman/thunter etc...). Are there better pvm templates out there now and which account do you suggest I primarily focus on(I'll give my subscription to that account)?

Honestly I'm kind of at a loss on what to do. I've been taking the last few days hunting for a decent cu sidhe (using pinco's UI looking for at least a 4 star one). The ones I had before are now 4 slot pets and I don't know if they would be worth the effort of training. What other pets other than the cu sidhe are good to use. (i have a a bunch of prepatch pets including an awesome white wyrm, and nightmare) Are there any newer pets I should be aware of? What's this about tritons?

I think I understand training so I should be good there. After training is done I'll be good to go right? But where to? Are the best options right now requiring high seas or are there still good places to make some money without needing high seas and legends? Asking this because I don't want to waste a bunch of my time on the older account if I can't use it to it's full potential.

I'll mainly be soloing here for now but I still want to use my time well. So where do I go?

Sweetpeez

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
uo-cah.com fur all yooz taming needs. Da star system iz waaaay out ob date. Use da pet intensity rating wun on dat website und read da whole website.

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In pincos now the pet intensity calculator is built in... Have to enable it under settings

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

codemonkey84

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I guess my next question is concerning my prepatch cu sidhe. Are they worth keeping/training because they are starting out at 4 stable slots instead of 4. Also lieutenant dan why is the lesser hiryu good. Is it because you can train it more?

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Old cus at 4 slots is worth nothing just release and forget you ever had them. 1 slot hiruyus can be trained to really nice beasts from all the points they have to be allocated. Check uo-cah.com

Sweetpeez

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
to answer aboot da hiryu - yerg itz start at 1 slot und gooz to da 5 slot. Only keep uh 4 slot Cu iffn itz blaze or yooz really attached to itz.

codemonkey84

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
what's with the beetles and why would I choose those over something like the runic beetle? Is it just because of the training points? What about areas to hunt?

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like to hunt the dinosaurs in Eodon but I'm thinking you may not have that update. Training goes nicely there.

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I guess my next question is concerning my prepatch cu sidhe. Are they worth keeping/training because they are starting out at 4 stable slots instead of 4. Also lieutenant dan why is the lesser hiryu good. Is it because you can train it more?
Well a lesser being better than a Cu is subjective. They're both good. I was just saying that a lesser is a good alternative to Cu's for non-legacy pets.

Here's why...
Because a LH starts out as a 1 slot pet it will develop into a higher intensity 5 slot pet than a Cu. Basically meaning more HP's and Mana with all other things being equal.
Lessers can also get Chivalry / Armor Ignore but their Grasping Claw ability compliments its damage output better than the Cu's Healing ability. Healing also takes mana that could otherwise be used for damaging abilities. Because of this, theoretically a Lesser will do higher DPS than a Cu on single target mobs.

The downside is a LH can't heal which could require more player interaction to keep the LH alive. (which is why i feel one being better than the other is subjective to a persons play style).

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Because a LH starts out as a 1 slot pet it will develop into a higher intensity 5 slot pet than a Cu.
A lesser doesn't develop into a higher intensity pet because it starts as one slot, it can develop into a higher intensity pet because it's easier to get a top end 1 slot lesser due to their possibility of spawning as a 1 or 2 slot. Where as a CU is more in the middle of the 3 slot range. Dev's could adjust a CUs stats by an additional 500 intensity and it would still spawn as a 3 slot pet and then have the same end intensity of a high end 1 slot Lesser Hiryu. Look at Fire/Giant beetles for example, they are one slot but cap out at around 7800-7900 intensity. A bottom of the barrel lesser has the potential to spawn lower than a high end CU.

So the answer lies in where the animal falls in their perspective slot ranges as to how much intensity they end up with, not how low of a slot they spawn in. Though you might be able to argue a lower slot pet has the potential for more customization.

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A lesser doesn't develop into a higher intensity pet because it starts as one slot, it can develop into a higher intensity pet because it's easier to get a top end 1 slot lesser due to their possibility of spawning as a 1 or 2 slot. Where as a CU is more in the middle of the 3 slot range. Dev's could adjust a CUs stats by an additional 500 intensity and it would still spawn as a 3 slot pet and then have the same end intensity of a high end 1 slot Lesser Hiryu. Look at Fire/Giant beetles for example, they are one slot but cap out at around 7800-7900 intensity. A bottom of the barrel lesser has the potential to spawn lower than a high end CU.

So the answer lies in where the animal falls in their perspective slot ranges as to how much intensity they end up with, not how low of a slot they spawn in. Though you might be able to argue a lower slot pet has the potential for more customization.
I agree that it is easier to get higher intensity Lesser than it is for a Cu.
But!
Take a 50% intensity 3 slot cu and train it the same as a 50% 1 slot Lesser.
The Lesser will be considerably higher intensity when both are completed 5 slot pets.

The same can be said for 1 slot beetles. The difference being is that the beetles can't get Chiv.

codemonkey84

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
wait giant/fire beetles are now 1 slot pets... I guess that's another pet I should get rid of as I have them on a lot of other chars once again prepatch and they are 3 slot creatures.... So a guy can have 4 giant beetles and 1 fire beetle following him for some massive mining operation...

North_LS

Journeyman
First off, welcome back! I played heavily around that timeframe as well, and returned a year and a half ago or so. Regarding your legacy pets, the only ones you'll want to keep are nightmares, WWs, dragons, and bake kitsunes - some of these can actually be quite valuable. As others have said, the 4-slot cus aren't redeemable.

Personally, if you only want to put money into a single account, i'd stick with the one that has the most features unlocked. You'll likely need to adjust most of your templates anyway for modern builds, and its very easy now since the anti-macro code has been removed.

What shard are you on? I'm sure there's members here who'd be happy to help you out in game if you're local - I'm on LS, we have a pretty great taming community there. Lots of helpful folks.