• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Two-slot Naja fresh tamed, taming option suggestions?

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
When the taming pub first hit I grabbed a couple 3 slot najas and trained up with poison breath and armor ignore. I really liked their high resist spells and dex values, and adding poison breath was a delight anytime I did a spawn. I stopped using them when I started noticing the pet going wild bug and najas were one of the most temperamental.

Well, I have not run into a pet going wild in a bit and in the throes of some serious insomnia just now I swung through Eodon and to my surprise found a 2 slot naja. His base values seem really good,

HP 753
Dex 172
Resist spells 164

and with the extra level I'll get over the ones I previously tamed, I think I may fully scroll this one out. My previous template was Poison Breath and Armor Ignore. With the extra level and a year of experience in the new system, what would you all suggest as a build for this guy? What have you tried that didn't work or might have worked on a 2 - slot but not a 3 - slot (b/c you couldn't flesh out the pet enough)?

Thanks for your input!

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
When the taming pub first hit I grabbed a couple 3 slot najas and trained up with poison breath and armor ignore. I really liked their high resist spells and dex values, and adding poison breath was a delight anytime I did a spawn. I stopped using them when I started noticing the pet going wild bug and najas were one of the most temperamental.

Well, I have not run into a pet going wild in a bit and in the throes of some serious insomnia just now I swung through Eodon and to my surprise found a 2 slot naja. His base values seem really good,

HP 753
Dex 172
Resist spells 164

and with the extra level I'll get over the ones I previously tamed, I think I may fully scroll this one out. My previous template was Poison Breath and Armor Ignore. With the extra level and a year of experience in the new system, what would you all suggest as a build for this guy? What have you tried that didn't work or might have worked on a 2 - slot but not a 3 - slot (b/c you couldn't flesh out the pet enough)?

Thanks for your input!
He is excellent for a 2 slot pet. Definitely NOT toss him. I would train this guy up and scroll him. Take him to TC1 and try diff things. AI, or other. I put bladeweaving on mine back when it was possible, so he has bladeweaving, (that incudes AI), plus poison breath, plus venomous bite, no scrolls. He is kind of messed up for having 2-3 AoEs, hes ok with spawns but not so hot with single target. You definitely have a keeper. Its one of the other 2 najas you have you may have to pitch..

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thanks, reading through that thread it looks like it is possible to add both armor ignore and armor pierce? Would that keep poison as well? If i can have all three of those on him it would make a great 1 v 1 pet for heavy hitting things like peerless.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks, reading through that thread it looks like it is possible to add both armor ignore and armor pierce? Would that keep poison as well? If i can have all three of those on him it would make a great 1 v 1 pet for heavy hitting things like peerless.
Works great at Dreadhorn and Travesty. Those are the 2 I do with our community hunts.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I dont know about both AI and armor pierce..But AI is great, the other to consider is Frenzied Whirlwind, since it adds both single target damage and attacks multipe mobs same time like an AoE, but it costs 500 points, again the TC1 testing is priceless, would be worth experimenting there without ruining the pet in prodo.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do mine with AI and venomous bite and have not regretted any of them. Usually don't even bother scrolling them above 110s. Pretty hardy little critters.

BBear

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Celticus... Why not toss him for a 190 dex Naji? I have had no problem farming up 2 slot Naji's with over 160 resist, 760 hit points and over 190 dex. I thought 190 dex was a must on a Naji to take advantage of their over capped dex.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Celticus... Why not toss him for a 190 dex Naji? I have had no problem farming up 2 slot Naji's with over 160 resist, 760 hit points and over 190 dex. I thought 190 dex was a must on a Naji to take advantage of their over capped dex.
Not sure what the 190 dex would offer more than the usual 150 or so. Does it do anything other than fast pet movement? I thought that stamina was more important..But point well taken..supposedly the more points the better but there may be something like dex 190 is not much better or any better than 150 in reality..?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure what the 190 dex would offer more than the usual 150 or so. Does it do anything other than fast pet movement? I thought that stamina was more important..But point well taken..supposedly the more points the better but there may be something like dex 190 is not much better or any better than 150 in reality..?
Dex only has a impact on movement speed the difference between 150 and 190 is notable in how closely the pet can follow you through terrain that tends to hang pets up and how fast it jump on a target and chase it. Personally Dex is not something I get hung up on. Stamina on the other hand is the pets SSI and has a cap of 150. A PvP Naja at cap Dex is important, a PvM Naja not so much.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Works great at Dreadhorn
Hiya Pawain! We are wondering, 50% of the Naja's offense attack Dreadhorn's strongest resist (poison), so that seems less than ideal? Is it the armor ignore that shines? We do understand the poison immunity is ideal, but say, with a Unicorn only a quarter of the attacking power hits a 2nd strongest resist?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Defense is the best offense. You are negating 60% of Dreadhorns damage with the Najs 100% Poison Resist.Then you reduce the physical damage with 80% Physical. The high Magic resist negates the poison attack.

50% of the Najs attack does hit the lowest resist.

Dreadhorns resists are high enough all around to use any pet. I take a Naj when in a group. because I have trouble getting it there. If the group is small I take a Cu or Hiryu.

To solo with a weaver/mage/tamer you can take any pet use Gift of Life on yourself, invis if aggroed then use WoD to finish.

upload_2018-5-12_12-5-29.png