• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Two questions

Z

ZippyW

These are just curiosity questions. I helped a couple of smaller TFs the other day and saw something I hadn't seen in a while. You know when they are doing tasks, like get the key from Minglers, and they are dancing, and it will say "Got the key" and then "Didn't get the key?" That's just an example, because it used to happen every time, but WHY does it say BOTH - got it and didn't get it? I know at one time I thought it was because they needed 10 weiner dogs and only got 2, so they still needed 8, but now I know that's not it. Anyway, just something I've always wondered about.

And the 2nd thing just started happening recently. When I'm doing a boss battle, and I have all my 7's at "0 to go," it will show me getting a new 7, for EACH ONE, show the countdown going to 500 again, etc. Then, when I'm back in the playground and check, it shows my gags still at 0 to go. Anyone know why its doing that?

G

Granjell

Well = I know the Mingler one is because there were more than one Mingler or whatever in the battle. Once you've got the key from the first one, you can't get it again, so it says that you didn't get it for each remaining Mingler. So if there were 3 Mingler's defeated total, you'd see one "Got It" and two "Didn't get it"s -- got it?

The second one is a glitch that I've seen mainly after the VP battle. Everyone with zero two go runs through all the level 7's for some reason. Don't know why...

L

Little Sadie

I think it is just a bug. When working on the LOM tasks I have gotten it a lot. A couple of times I was after ice cream cones only. During dancing it would say I got ice cream cones, didn't get ice creams, didn't get weiner dogs. Weiner dogs wasn't even one of my tasks yet it said I didn't get them. Did it another time with lumps of cheese when I wasn't on that tasks.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, Marge, it's the other way around. The first Mingler didn't put out the key, but the 2nd (or subsequent) one did. Because once you have the key, you don't need it anymore, so you can't "not" receive something you "don't" need. Hope that made sense, I'm groggy on cough meds..

As for the 2nd.. I hate that bug and wish I knew what caused it so I could avoid 3 minute dances. lol

Z

ZippyW

Okay, I see. Thanks for answering a year-old question! I remember thinking "hooray" and then "drat!" and then seeing I got it and thinking "huh?" but I hadn't thought about it since I hadn't seen it in a long time. Boy, I do remember that "key from a Mingler" days because I thought I'd NEVER find it.

And I agree... the problem with the 7 thing is the dancing! And everyone thinks "boy, he used ALL of his 7's in this battle?" LOL

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've never paid attention, but I am wondering now if it only happens to the first person dancing? I recall it ALWAYS happening to me in the CJ, and I'm normally the oldest toon there and therefore the first to dance. I would say, "I have enough gags." and *shrug*

S

SSniffleslam

Not always. It's happened to me when I was one of the last people to dance.

S

Sally Bumblefoot

I've never paid attention, but I am wondering now if it only happens to the first person dancing? I recall it ALWAYS happening to me in the CJ, and I'm normally the oldest toon there and therefore the first to dance. I would say, "I have enough gags." and *shrug*
I was told that the order you dance in is dependent on how you load the elevator. The first person on dances first, the last person on dances last. Does it go by how old your toon is? I never really paid attention but I just always assumed that was true!! I am NOT that observant. I mean, by the time the battle is over I would never remember how I loaded unless I made it a point to be first or last!! I will have to look at that!!

G

Granjell

Shoot - I always thought the order of the dance was random! Shows what I know....

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SallyB you're right, except for the CJ. You dance by account age.