• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Two Changes to Factions I Would Love to See

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
1. Get rid of beneficial acts for members of the same faction. It's stupid that ten members of a faction can gank someone but no faction mates can heal them because they happen to be flagged.

2. Have stat loss be worked off in real time, not game time. In other words, for the gods' sake, let us log off and go do something else, including join in with a different character, while our characters work off stat loss. It is punishment enough that we get looted, lose gold and kill points, and can't get back in the fight with that character for twenty minutes.

C

Cloak&Dagger

Point 2 is an interesting idea for how to handle stat loss, one I could agree with. It would be more or less the same as current, since either the person would leave, or they would log on a different char.

On second thought both points are extremely valid, but the second one is more of an idea and I like that.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having stat loss wear off while logged might have been an idea when it was only 1 faction character per shard per account. If that was implemented now, people would switch characters every time they died.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Having stat loss wear off while logged might have been an idea when it was only 1 faction character per shard per account. If that was implemented now, people would switch characters every time they died.
I don't see the downside to that myself. Frankly it's more fun for me when there is another character to keep the fight going. Twenty minute breaks after you die is a real action killer.

Having said that I don't want to get rid of stat loss altogether, but if someone has the patience and resources to create a full stable of pvp ready characters, they deserve the benefits as far as I am concerned.

Yes, it is possible that a person could make seven identical pvp characters, but practically I very much doubt there would be many that would do that. A few might make two or three identical characters for pvp to substitute during stat loss, but I really don't have a problem with that.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I posted this in the TC Statloss Thread also but,

What about making stat loss accrue when you die.

First time you die its 10 mins, if you die again while in stats for the 10 it becomes 15 mins on a restarting timer. If you die again withing the 15 it becomes 20 etc.