• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] twisted weald... lolwut?!

law696

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so, im an abc archer, i can kill para bally's in less than 5 minutes my skills arent entirely maxed,but are as follows:

109(115) archery
109(115) tactics
110(locked) anat
105.4(marked down) resisting spells
99.8(100) healing
75(locked) chivalry.

my suit has

70/70/70/70/75 resists
32 mi
32 si
40% lmc
+23 dex
+14 int
+13 str
26% hci
5% dci
89% di
2 hpr
30% HLD.

my weapon of choice is a Heavy Xbow with stats:

50% HSL
46% HML
demon slayer
11% di
30% ssi.

but with all of that, i walked into twisted weald, and spent the last 2 hours getting my arse handed to me by changelings. well, a paragon changeling, then gnaw suprised me, i killed him, i managed to get the hang of changelings... but then spite owned me, seriously, repeatedly. and then when i finally got her killed, i went further into the weald, beyond the quicksand. needless to say that didnt last long.

i get the feeling im not meant to be trying to solo the weald as an abc archer then? unless im doing something seriously wrong?

can anyone suggest some good places for ABC archer solo hunting? im still learning how to play the character, so im not too bothered by dying, but i think i know when to cut my losses and quit trying something.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For starters "DONT USE" 100% Physical wepon on changlings [Irk etc...], if you check out UOGuide they have like 80-90% resistance to that but only like 50% in cold/energy. If you use the right wepon you should be hitting them for 80ish [160ish for crit] every 1.25 seconds, so they go down damn fast!

Also if you can afford it, enhance your wepons with ash after imbuing to bump you to 40% SSI [my archer swings a heavy damn fast with 50% SSI]

Thunderz

law696

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm, cheers for the advice, ill try out an energy weapon after the christmas mayhem.

is there any chance of breaking the xbow when enhancing (im a crafting noob :) )

i managed to do the lord oaks spawn up untill oaks spawned, him and his fairy owned me then and i had to go get my tamer, and some friends, to help. was fun, and pretty decent money. especially after i sell the blacksmith SoT

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
If you use consecrate weapon, your damage type will be adjusted to your target's lowest resistance. This would allow you to keep your usual bow.

S

Sir Kenga

Distributed damage BOWS??? You muct be joking, what a waste of efforts to make one. All you need is quiver. Quiver of blight works best there.

law696

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol, Sir Kenga, thats so simple im now kicking myself for not thinking it! ill get myself a quiver of blight and try again.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only problem with relying on Concicrate is those buggers tend to mana drain you, so if you dont get a leech in theres not much you can do to actually hit it for any worthy damage.

Didnt think about a quiver, wasnt thinking about just archery. In general its easier to use a split damage wepon :)

Thunderz