• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Twisted Weald Fishing

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the interests of helping other fishers' further, I thought I'd update information on the best way to get those illusive Legendary Fish! Today, the first really hard place I've been to fish... Twisted Weald!

Firstly, no sadly you can't get the Unicorn and the Rainbow from the Mushroom Cave outside, it has to be near Dreadhorn's Island I'm afraid...

Secondly, don't risk taking packhorses; they'll slow down on the sand on the way in, and leaving them running about risks them stepping in the swamps and pulling out the Spiders o'Doom. For this I just took a knife blade and chopped everything up into fish steaks to keep my pack free and the fish flowing.

Thirdly, setting up... this is a bugger, as there's only really 1 safe spot; when I arrived what was worse was that there was a Paragon Changeling on it! You're going to need to lure the spawn to the far north, and this means being able to hide very quickly. If you don't have Stealth, or very high Magery, my solution is to also take some Invisibility Scrolls as well. Casting from a scroll has less requirements than from the spell book; make sure you set a macro to target yourself with them. Also add Protection to yourself, it'll lower your physical resistance, but prevents spells being interupted. You do not want to mix it up with these mobs unless you're a tamer/mystic fisher or something equally strong.

This is the spot you need clear; fortunately there are 3 spots right next to each other you can fish in turn, marked here with a red ring...

You need to get all the mobs off screen from the far right point to be safe. I estimate the Legendary fish catch rate as somewhere between 1 in 500 and 1 in 1000, so prepare for a long, long hunt for the Rainbow fish. I don't have that lady yet, but I've caught 6 Unicorns so far in the last hour.

After that, sit, fish, and pray no one wants to come fight Dreadhorn... no idling here, if the spawn comes back you're in trouble! I died a few times moving it; use Help > Stuck to get to a healer quick, run back as fast as possible, tag your own corpse then lure the spawn off again... Also take a bag of sending with you too, just in case. Record fish go straight to the bank!

And good luck! Coming up next... Terathan Keep... oh dear oh dear... just as soon as I have a Rainbow fish!

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The north end of the river is often safe as well, provided you get it clear of spawn to begin with.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did in the end, but the bait ran out long before I could catch one, as it has for most of the Legendaries. The bait and suit alone just doesn't help enough; Smelly Bait does, but that's extremely hard to get for Legendary fish.

I've fished the Terathan Keep since, and got both, but that was frustrating... I need to go back to crab it too, so I'll write it up then when I'm surer of my suspicions about one set of mobs, and on Europa there's an extremely anti-social idiot grinding Miasma who kept luring onto me when I tried to fish the Labyrinth, so I've given up on that for a while. The only tricky one left is Prism Of Light, and I'm trying to find out if I can get to the final beach and fish safely there...

Radugast

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My buddy says you cant catch them at the beach. It has to be done in the hydra room. I guess you get someone to lure them to one side, preferably the east side, I would imagine since you can LOS them there.
Fish the west side as long as the hydras are on your buddy that stands behind the rock out of harms way.

Last edited:

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My buddy says you cant catch them at the beach. It has to be done in the hydra room. I guess you get someone to lure them to one side, preferably the east side, I would imagine since you can LOS them there.
Fish the west side as long as the hydras are on your buddy that stands behind the rock out of harms way.
Behind the rock...? I need to locate this rock, but would it work with a pet on "All Stay" behind it for agro do we think? It may go wild however... hmm, need to have a look down there first, see how much space there is for the ultimate fishing challenge!