• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Twilight: anyone reading it?

D

Denny8569

Hello everyone,
I just finished the first book in the Twilight series, and I wondered whether anyone else here is reading them, and if so, what you think so far.

There's a lot of buzz about these books being "the next Harry Potter," and while I wouldn't go that far on a number of grounds, I'm finding them entertaining. This may be on account of my overdeveloped ability to imagine myself in the shoes of the heroine, a shy, clumsy, literary seventeen-year-old girl who's not best pleased with the crop of boys this century is turning out (not that, you know, that was ever me ;)). I can see how, in high school, if a dazzlingly handsome young man with early-1900s manners had turned up, seeming to dislike and avoid me, yet saved my life under bizarre circumstances, then began to follow me around, aloofly at first, but then with interest, and it wasn't long before he was taking me on unchaperoned drives to secluded meadows where he couldn't stop maundering on about my beauty and mystery, and the only hitch was that he was a vampire... well, given that he abstains from human blood and only hunts beasts, I probably would have tolerated worse flaws.

Similarly I am now tolerating the flaws of the books, which are legion, in order to find out how this relationship develops. Call it cheap romance, and you'll probably be right. I just want to know if I'm the only one who's feeling so susceptible to it. :)

james64468

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is in the wrong area. This should be in not toontown topics. I not reading it.