• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Turning Pink?

• Thread starter ValarieNicoleBF
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
V

ValarieNicoleBF

Everyone at the house I live in keeps turning pink on their screen. It's not really a big deal, you just X out the interaction and your back to normal. Though It's happened in a couple of other houses I've been to as well. I know this is a bug, and it's an old one too. Anyone know why we're turning pink and freezing?

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Hard to say. What city are your in? What action were you attempting when you turned pink?

V

ValarieNicoleBF

EALand...and I remember the bug from awhile back...I turned pink Showering, Sleeping, and Bashing a Pinata.

G

<blockquote><hr>

EALand...and I remember the bug from awhile back...I turned pink Showering, Sleeping, and Bashing a Pinata.

[/ QUOTE ]

I turned pink playing pool *must get more sleep*

G

Sims turning pink is not a good thing; it's roughly the TSO equivalent to the Blue Screen of Death. It's a visual indication of a potentially fatal error in the code or database. I recall one of the devs stating quite a while back that sims turning pink means that something Really Really Bad has happened in the game code; the sim's turning pink and freezing is the game's way of protecting itself from complete failure and possible destruction of data... Or something like that.

At any rate, you should ALWAYS take note of ANY situation that causes your sim to turn pink - and then report it ASAP!

C

Caesar Weezer

So far today I've turned pink twice....once while showering, and once while skilling on a laptop.

G

I turned pink once yesterday while landing on a property...

I remember this one time I turned pink. I was at a skill house. A LOT of people were turning pink, and the skill house was having issues with bookshelves and couches splitting into two pieces. This was pre-EALAND, it may have been in TC3's early days. The only reason I bring this up is maybe the "pinkification" is related to broken objects.

G

I live in Ea land and our house is doing it constantly.... cant hardly do any actions at the house so we havnt opened it yet... were one of the lots that half the things in our house are broken apart or dissapearin.. as well might have something to do it to... i believe all the sims or most of them were on the trains last week from the production cities if that helps.

V

ValarieNicoleBF

There are 2 beds and a pizza machine split into pieces, as well.

G

I too remember being told by a previous EA customer services rep that sims turning pink was definitely not good news.

Whenever I've seen this its been linked to broken objects on a lot.

It might be useful for the devs if people started providing more info about what they were doing when their sim turned pink and whether there are any broken objects on the lot, etc.

We know they are working hard to fix the broken items issue, so maybe this means we won't be seeing so many pretty in pink sims in the near future.

Polly

G

Let's see...I've turned pink while sitting on the potty, standing in front of the shower, sitting on a couch, and probably every time I hop in bed. It also seems to cause a lovely freezing effect, but that usually goes away if I move somewhere or someone interacts with me.

G

My sim just a second ago turned pink while sleeping in a bed at a skill house, I wonder whats going on.

I

imported_Cherri Bear

Yep..I turned Pink when on a property with broken items and I ran my mouse..or clicked over them. It happened a lot yesterday. I was curious about those broken items, lol.

ETA: It did not matter what my sim was doing, as long as my cursor was over the broken item, my sim was pink.

I

imported_debslee

Twice this weekend whilst arriving at a store, in EA Land, my sim turned pink.....didnt think anything of it at the time, but now I see, I should have reported it. Thanks for posting this.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yep..I turned Pink when on a property with broken items and I ran my mouse..or clicked over them. It happened a lot yesterday. I was curious about those broken items, lol.

ETA: It did not matter what my sim was doing, as long as my cursor was over the broken item, my sim was pink.

[/ QUOTE ]

Curiosity killed the cat, and now we know it turns bears pink.

Polly

G

<blockquote><hr>

Curiosity killed the cat, and now we know it turns bears pink.

[/ QUOTE ]

G

<blockquote><hr>

I remember this one time I turned pink.

[/ QUOTE ]
At Band Camp???

Oh, lordy - I apologize - I absolutely could NOT help it!
Honest.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I remember this one time I turned pink.

[/ QUOTE ]
At Band Camp???

Oh, lordy - I apologize - I absolutely could NOT help it!
Honest.

[/ QUOTE ]

I

imported_MARCIN2006

This is happening to me in TC3 its sorta annoying...!

D

DjMacDaddy01201

ya yesterday on both sims i was putting out objects i turned pink my beds did not show all the way or my table or dressers then i was turning pink i moved both sims out then back in put everything back out my crafted pc would not go on the desk then i tryed put my macroon beds out on both sims there stuck in my inventory
In Ea Land i keep getting an x something flush toilet is not loading error i give up allso updater is still broke

I

Inge Jones

I turned pink yesterday when I was making jam. Turned pink and stopped moving. When I cancelled the interation I was back to normal and could start making jam again. They guy at the next table to me suddenly yelled that he had turned pink too, but he looked and acted normal to me. Maybe players only see their own pink?

One clue might be that I had had to refuse the update due to the update server not working, so maybe it's because there was a discrepancy between client and server code?

V

ValarieNicoleBF

<blockquote><hr>

I turned pink once yesterday while landing on a property...

I remember this one time I turned pink. I was at a skill house. A LOT of people were turning pink, and the skill house was having issues with bookshelves and couches splitting into two pieces. This was pre-EALAND, it may have been in TC3's early days. The only reason I bring this up is maybe the "pinkification" is related to broken objects.

[/ QUOTE ]

This bug is older than TC3, I remember it back in BF a long time ago. I think then though you saw when someone turned pink, and it wasn't just the one turning pink seeing it...I don't know, I've been playing too long, I even remember when dying came out in TC back in the day (and you were stuck being dead because revive didn't work) lol.

I

imported_SimTripps

I've turned pink alot - happens mostly when I'm salvaging..

G

I kept turning pink over by the showers/pottys/beds at one money house, and then someone pointed out that the owner had built a small roof over that area to stick a broken code machine.

Coincidence?? I think not. Although it could be! lol

R

rieley

More FYI

I turned pink many times in production cities when salvaging. A few times also would be rewarded with a hat rack?

In EAL it appears to be when objects are broken on the property. Also on most, but not all objects, if they are moved and put back they are whole until lot is reset.

Crafted compters either will NOT leave inventory or when they do, end up under the desk only to return to inventory again.