• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

turn in wildfire drops

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
just to be sure, will the turn in npc guy go away the 1st? wish we would have some time like 3days/30 days? im sure some people had to work or cant get on. it use to be out a year or more.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes it ends in a little more than 24 hours. You will not be able to turn in things or choose a reward if you have points after it ends.

It ends at 1am eastern on the first so most shards will not have it active on the 1st.

Turn in stuff now. The date has been on the NPC the whole time.

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
just to be sure, will the turn in npc guy go away the 1st? wish we would have some time like 3days/30 days? im sure some people had to work or cant get on. it use to be out a year or more.
Maybe if you ask on the real forum you might get an answer but you would rather do it here and then pancake at UO for not telling you.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We used to be able to turn in old items and the points carried.
But posters whined because I bought every item on the first day of Sorcerers Dungeon. So they wiped points and made the new ones only accept current drops.

It's the devs fault for listening to customers.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
We used to be able to turn in old items and the points carried.
But posters whined because I bought every item on the first day of Sorcerers Dungeon. So they wiped points and made the new ones only accept current drops.

It's the devs fault for listening to customers.
Pretty easy now. Event ends vendor goes away on the same day.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pretty easy now. Event ends vendor goes away on the same day.
Yup they used to last a year and turn off when the next event turned on. We just had 1 event a year. Now we have more events and the NPCs only take drops for that event.

I would like to carry some of these over. I actually have a surplus.

Seriously, They should leave the NPC there for a while after the event. But then someone also had to work that period and we hear complaints again.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Seriously, They should leave the NPC there for a while after the event. But then someone also had to work that period and we hear complaints again.
Nope. This event they done really good thing : told us when it will be over and when your points will go poof. Did it from the very beginning and stated it where you cannot miss it : on a reward vendor!
I like clear end date terms much-much more. Comparing to how Yukio earrings event ended.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nope. This event they done really good thing : told us when it will be over and when your points will go poof. Did it from the very beginning and stated it where you cannot miss it : on a reward vendor!
I like clear end date terms much-much more. Comparing to how Yukio earrings event ended.
The clear end date could be for the Mobs with drops. The NPCs could stay a while. I have to decide how many suits I want to keep for deco and how many to turn in.

Was a fun event. I enjoyed it a lot. The others on LS enjoyed it a lot and they played in fel a lot. At night I could have the second floor in Tram all to myself.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
haha, well, guess one of my talents is not converting time zones.
just logged in to go claim all my points, i have been busy this summer so i haven't been playing much, but i still did some, anyways, points all gone.
guild mate was doing the same, all his gone too.

kinda strange..... why delete the points?
why delete the turn in guy for that matter?
why not just leave him there for a bit and just turn off the drop in the spawn?

its things like this that make it harder and harder to carve out time to play this old game.
anyways, back to RL, lets see if i get the itch to play once the snow starts falling.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
kinda strange..... why delete the points?
why delete the turn in guy for that matter?
why not just leave him there for a bit and just turn off the drop in the spawn?
Once we started turning them in or participate in the event we kinda agreed with terms that vendor will be gone and points will go poof on 01 Sep.
This event lasted longer than others I recall
It doesn't matter when they will go poof - there will be complains. So they did quite right choice.
Otherwise some people will save lots of points to exchange when prices go up , and get stuff in higher demand later. Then one day Mesanna will just wipe all out without prior notice. Do you like it to be this way ?
It is pity you lost points. But you should stick to the rules.
Real life you were occupied matters more.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I thought they did a solid job with exactly listing the day and time when the event (including the turn-in) would end. I played as much as I could over these two months. Didn't get everything I wanted, but there will be more events in the future. I liked that they kept the event tied to a Felucca Champ Spawn in additional to the Trammel dungeon. That gave a variety of options for assorted play types.