• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tuesday Night

C

Callie

Anyone else think its time to have a shard-wide community event?

If you do, and you are willing to help or have an opinion (on anything!), please come to a brainstorming session:

Tuesday night
9PM eastern
Skara Brae Community Center

We have lots to talk about, so bring your creative minds and let's get something started!

J

jelinidas

I will do my best to be there. I work afternoons and may be a tad late. Thanks for starting this!

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Make sure you post the results of the brainstorming on the forum, so those who can't attend can still give feedback.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know I don't have the best rapport with GRI and there friends but I'll be there. I have an Event that I want to put out there and I want the most attendance possible including anyone who likes to fight.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it might be a good idea to ask that folk's attending to set aside personal grudges and guild politics for the evening. That way, everyone who wants to attend won't have to worry about being ganked by a member of an enemy guild.

It's a shame we don't have a public forum for meetings/shard events that put a temporary freeze on all guild related activities (ie. Warring) while in the area.

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I take it you are shooting for something like the Grog Fest I helped set up last year? I will show up and see how things go.

C

Callie

Make sure you post the results of the brainstorming on the forum, so those who can't attend can still give feedback.
I plan to do just that! I have some ideas to bring to the table that folks have already provided, anticipating that they may not make the meeting.

So many folks play on Cats that live in so many time zones, I try to do the best I can with scheduling stuff.

C

Callie

I know I don't have the best rapport with GRI and there friends but I'll be there. I have an Event that I want to put out there and I want the most attendance possible including anyone who likes to fight.
Scarst, you and I have no quarrel. I wasn't sure until you posted that you had a clue who I am.

This event is not a GRI or Alliance event. This is a SHARD event, one in which anyone who plays (or wants to play) Catskills can certainly be involved in.

I am certainly interested in any ideas you have to offer! Thanks so much for your interest!

C

Callie

I take it you are shooting for something like the Grog Fest I helped set up last year? I will show up and see how things go.
I would certainly be honored with your presence. I was not here for a Grog Fest, but I'm anxious to hear all about it. I'm looking for a week of events that will engage elder players as well as our newer friends. Something for as many skill types and interests as possbile! And something to bring some sense of ownership of the shard.

Yes, I have lofty ambitions!:lick:

C

Callie

I think it might be a good idea to ask that folk's attending to set aside personal grudges and guild politics for the evening. That way, everyone who wants to attend won't have to worry about being ganked by a member of an enemy guild.

It's a shame we don't have a public forum for meetings/shard events that put a temporary freeze on all guild related activities (ie. Warring) while in the area.
It is my expectation that all who attend will behave themselves. This means respect for whoever has the floor at the time and for any ideas presented, good or not so good. I think that a reasonable assumption!

And yes, I like the "anti-conflict zone" idea! Would be great for resolving disputes and planning stuff like this.

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:) sounds fun! ill be there for a short while at least.

C

Callie

Remember! Tonight's the night!
If you have an idea (any kind, doesn't matter), we need you to come:
Skara Brae Community Center
9PM eastern
Gates provided from New Haven
Check your weapons and your grudges at the door.

C

Callie

Wow! Thanks for a tremendous meeting last night, folks. I think that we were all surprised at the number of folks who came to help plan this event. I think I counted about 30 altogether, though maybe not all at the same time.

I won't bore you with the play by play of the drunken pirate antics, and the bar maid who spilled beverages on Mathena, the leader of Fury, or the Farmer who lost his cow....those are stories for another day.

What I will do, however is tell you some things about our upcoming event!
Gates will be provided from New Haven every night prior to the event start time. Start times to be determined shortly.
Tentative schedule of events:

Friday Oct 24 - kickoff party and Jousting Tourney
Who doesn't love a good party (could use a little help with deco and food), and Jousting is always fun to watch. Didn't have a volunteer to help set up the Jousting Tourney, so could use some help with that please =) Rules: NPC armor and weapons.

Saturday Oct 25 - naked dungeon run with a twist (need volunteers to be rezzers and upgraders, maybe about 5?)
How can it be bad with "naked" in the title? Bet we'll see lots of pirates there at this one, especially when GOLD is involved! Rules: Begin with nothing. Naked, no mount, no weapons, mage may have a spell book with no mods. You will be issued an NPC weapon of your skill, arrows (if needed), a bag of regs, and other items necessary for you to survive. You must make your way through the dungeon, killing things as you go and looting them to collect a complete suit of armor. (BONUS-if your armor is all of the same type, you get a special prize!) Present yourself and your new suit of armor to the character stationed at the bottom of the dungeon. Prizes for first 3 to finish. Also, you may have the opportunity to answer trivia questions or perform small tasks to receive an upgrade to your weapon or more regs.

Sunday Oct 26 - mage duel and fighting tourney
Mage Duel (mage poker?) - Cabe Bedlam kindly volunteered to head this up, I'll let him provide more details soon.
Fighting Tourney - Scarst has some ideas that will knock your socks off! Well, at least maybe your armor..... Rules: NPC armor and weapons. Twist: random rolling of a number will grant you the choice of special rules for your fight. That's just a teaser....I know, I'm mean like that.

Monday Oct 27 - archery tourney, UO Monopoly, and Mathena's Weapons Wagon
Archery Tourney - no volunteer to help setup, so please help me out with this.
UO Monopoly- Qu's idea, Qu gets to run it. Limited participation, so may run more than once. Sign up at kickoff party! Usual monopoly rules, check all gold and gear at the door. Yes, really.
Weapons Wagon - I'll let Mathena expound at her convenience, but suffice it to say, red and blue are the colors of this event!

Friday Oct 31 - Bard's night and house tour, if houses submitted and available.
We have an offer of a lovely autumn themed home for the Bard's spooky story night (Flame has ideas for twists, so watch out!). Also, if you are interested in a tour of homes, or volunteering your home to be toured, please let me know pretty quickly as we need to get this set up. Doesn't necessarily have to be spooky or halloween/autumn themed, any great deco will do. I volunteer all of Orianna's houses......can I do that?:O

Saturday Nov 1 - Amazing Race (Callie and Robert, any other volunteers? Need some folks onsite at the various locations to provide instructions)
Listen up Sosarians! Get to know your world. Earn great prizes. Have a BLAST! Use skills you never thought you had. There will be at least 4 locations you must make you way to. At each location there will be a task or event you must complete in order to receive instructions on where to head next. No Sacred Journey, no recall, no gate travel, excepting moongates. More details to come!

Sunday Nov 2 - Scavenger Hunt and farewell party (Pike and Callie, will need other volunteers)
Perhaps autumn items you will need to find, or pirate booty. I'll leave that up to Pike, but rest assured, this will be the perfect event to top off our festival in style!

We had many offers to donate prizes last night, most of which I have below. But, I'm guessing this won't be nearly enough, so clean out those closets and let's have some of that stuff you've been saving for just such an occasion!
So far we have:
Turn-in points items
Gold
Hooded Robe of Umbra
Several Scrapper's Compendiums spellbooks
New plants from recent publish
Full set of Demon Bone Armor
Doom arties
A selection of well-made weapons

Whatever items you have to donate as prizes please get them to me as quickly as you can, so I can see what we have left to acquire. I have a source, you see......and she doesn't like me to keep her waiting *looks over shoulder*.
Please feel free to contact me via ICQ or by PM if you want to volunteer, donate prizes, or just say "hi". Those of you who volunteered already to host events, let me know what you need and I'll get it. I have funds for the NPC armor, regs, arrows, and equipment for each event.
Thanks so much!
Callie =)

*note to self, when pirates come: bring more food and hide the valuables......and the squirrel*

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh crap!

See this is what happens when I start drinking at dinner. I forgot all about it. *kicks self* Thanks for posting the re-cap. At least I have an idea of what went on.

Anyone else who didn't make it have any idea's to share?

C

Callie

Aww, that's ok Black Sun. Never kick a man when he's down...
*offers helping hand up*
Now, I can help you kick yourself! HA, kidding.
Yes! If you or anyone else has ideas or want to help in any way, lemme know!

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm toying with the idea of making a fun house type maze out of my 18x18. I'm going to see if I can find a spot on test to try out a few designs and see if I can make it work. Somebody on Cats had one a few years back, but the house has since been torn down and re-modeled. It was an effort in frustration to navigate this maze. There was only one way out of the house (besides the leave house menu option) once you got in, and you had to find your way though 4 floors of optical illusion traps and blind corners to find your way to the 1 spot on the roof to let yourself out.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not exactly what I meant about the tournament when I said most normal rules apply. I meant people would wear there regular armor but might not get to use it depending on the rules. I probably should have clarified that. Because, some of the rules involve what you are allowed to wear but most involve skills and stuff.

Here's a few or the round rules that could go into effect depending what gets picked:

No Armor
No Chivalry
No Bushido
and more rules like that but those are some of the less interesting rules.
There are a lot of them that are more interesting and I guarantee that the rules will make it entertaining to watch and throw some people off.

S

Shioni

As I told Callie, Id be interesting in holding a mini game for UO Monopoly.

Rules are very similar to monopoly with a few small differences

*No entry fee
* roll 2d 6 dice
*Must own each area to build houses on a plot
*Each plot can only have one big or small house
*Rent is higher if other plots in the area have houses
*Property cannot be traded but however can be cleared for a base refund of the original cost
*cleared property can be bought by anyone during their turn for double price

Rules I may be testing but are not final

*Each game is 1 hour
*Each player wins 10x the amount they end with, but no more then 100k >_<
*Each player has 10 hp and lose 1 hp when walking over another player, players heal 2 hp when passing the starting location.
*If anyone hits the squirrel with snow on their turn they get +10 shinys

Wish I could post a picture of my set up to give people a general idea but the basic idea is that as far as I can tell its not possible to cheat in this game :D

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The tour of Britannian home is going to be my baby, so if you have any ideas on how to make that a more fun event or if you have a home which you'd like to show off, you can PM me here or find me in game (Time is limited right now, but usually someone in GRI or CYM or 911 or... well most people in Haven can find me if I'm around). If I'm not available, one of the GRI emmys can pass me a message as well. I'll work up an official announcement for the house-thing in the next week.
But for a preview:
This is not a contest, but a medium for showing off your houses and house ideas.
I currently plan on doing it in a pub-crawl fashion, where we simply skip from house to house, have some kind of presentation where the owner or myself points out features which the owner is particularly proud of, and in the case of the Freehold of Roses (did I mention that you're automatically included *evil grin*) a little bit about the history and characters involved in the group. I would also really like to include Istas in the tour, but I'd have to find anyone who lives there to talk to about the area and history.