• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

TSO Game Code (EA Land)

• Thread starter lindleyjr9
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

lindleyjr9

First I should mention that while attempting to purchase a 30 day subscription to TSO, the TSO category is no longer there and the only option was to list EA Land. Another sign the merge is coming soon.

However, my frustration grows in trying to purchase the game time code. I am not sure if the EA support team are as knowledgeable as they should be. I have supplied my player name, birhdate, and postal code as requested, along with my confirmation from Paypal with ID code that my payment has been sent ( as below) I did not include my ID# here for obvious reasons.

"30 day subsrciption to The Sims on Line ( EA Land )There is no The Sims on Line category so I assume the category should be the revised game EA Land

Included is my confirmation from Paypal that my 30 day subscription has been sent to you. Please provide my new time code."

Here is the response I received this morning.
Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

"Thank you for you recent E-mail. Actually the nature of the problem could not be identified with your previous mail. Kindly give us a brief description of your issue so that we could assist you further."

I ask you, could I be any clearer? Is it just me or are the lunatics running the asylum????? LOL

Trying to get them to take my money is becoming more and more difficult.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

First I should mention that while attempting to purchase a 30 day subscription to TSO, the TSO category is no longer there and the only option was to list EA Land. Another sign the merge is coming soon.

However, my frustration grows in trying to purchase the game time code. I am not sure if the EA support team are as knowledgeable as they should be. I have supplied my player name, birhdate, and postal code as requested, along with my confirmation from Paypal with ID code that my payment has been sent ( as below) I did not include my ID# here for obvious reasons.

"30 day subsrciption to The Sims on Line ( EA Land )There is no The Sims on Line category so I assume the category should be the revised game EA Land

Included is my confirmation from Paypal that my 30 day subscription has been sent to you. Please provide my new time code."

"Thank you for you recent E-mail. Actually the nature of the problem could not be identified with your previous mail. Kindly give us a brief description of your issue so that we could assist you further."

I ask you, could I be any clearer? Is it just me or are the lunatics running the asylum????? LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

I do believe that even though EA isn't directly courting international players, they really need to set up a process to make it easier for them to play.

I am so fortunate because I just use my credit card to pay each month.

M

MandiK

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not just you, lol.

G

Dealing with customer service is often difficult. I hope they find a resolution for your issue, and quickly.

I

imported_TSO_Christopher

If you're willing to pay 3 months at a time, you can purchase gamecodes electronically through https://www.tsogamecodes.com/store/index.asp

I used this and psychotically paid for the next 12 months already lol.

Just enter in your information and it automatically renders you a code to enter into your Subscription information, and waa laa. Good to go.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Three days and still no game code. What a pain!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm having some of the same difficulties as you do. I paid for 2 accounts (mine and a friends) November 27th, around 8pm. The payment was cleared by Paypal less than one hour after. This was 4 days before my trial ended. Now both accounts are suspended, more than 11 days after payment was made. And yes, before anyone asks, I did contact customer support. I got one reply, and all they wanted was more info, which I gave them. Now, 8 days after that, nothing.

I think I have been very patient. But I should have heard at least something by now

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Three days and still no game code. What a pain!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm having some of the same difficulties as you do. I paid for 2 accounts (mine and a friends) November 27th, around 8pm. The payment was cleared by Paypal less than one hour after. This was 4 days before my trial ended. Now both accounts are suspended, more than 11 days after payment was made. And yes, before anyone asks, I did contact customer support. I got one reply, and all they wanted was more info, which I gave them. Now, 8 days after that, nothing.

I think I have been very patient. But I should have heard at least something by now

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I would file a claim against EA with PayPal and try for a chargeback. If you are successful then just purchase timecards, that is if you still want to deal with a company after being treated this way.

G

I actually wouldn't be so upset if it was just my account. My friend is also suspended, and THAT bothers me. I can still play my old accout, which I re-activated just fine, also using Paypal.

I will absolutely consider your suggestion if they don't get back to me SOON
Now, hopefully I will find a site that sells game time codes, where I can use my Paypal. I don't have a credit card, so that's the only option I have.

G

Patience is a virtue.....except when dealing with the accounting departments of (any) big corporation.

Do not wait any longer, call them and/or email them every day, even several times a day, ask to speak to supervisors, bosses or whoever is next on the chain of command, until they respond with the codes you have paid for.

It is your money they are hijacking, fight for it!!!

G

Thanks Gilly
I have to admit .. virtue or not, patience is running out. I just contacted them again, so we'll see what comes out of it. Think my friend is yelling more than I am ... literally! We talk a lot on Skype. My poor ears are suffering

G

The last time I used Paypal for gametime payment , it was 26 days before I finally got my codes.
This was after four messages sent to the support centre with all the information necessary for them to identify the payment... and codes arrived with a really snotty response from the service person.
Was not impressed .. my sims ended up homeless as I'd already wasted a few days before ordering the codes.

G

I used Paypal to re-activate my old account too, and that went a whole lot better. I had issues, but they were resolved within a couple of days. The EA rep was polite and friendly, and was quick to reply back to me. Just hoping he will answer me this time

G

I'm also curious about the state of billing on TSO and if anyone can clear up some of my questions. I have a dated founders account registered back in late '02 and it was deactivated around Feb '03 because of life issues. I've been meaning to get back into the game and would like to reactivate that account, but sadly the billing situation with EA is severely maldocumented.

Do I need to go out and actually buy the game discs again? Even though I have it installed from a current trial account and working?
Do I absolutely NEED a credit card to get back into the game and reactivate my account or can I do that with time cards?
Can I reactivate and pay future months via a paypal account? If so, how prompt is EA on it? Or are they pretty lazy like a previous poster indicates?

Appreciate the help btw.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm also curious about the state of billing on TSO and if anyone can clear up some of my questions. I have a dated founders account registered back in late '02 and it was deactivated around Feb '03 because of life issues. I've been meaning to get back into the game and would like to reactivate that account, but sadly the billing situation with EA is severely maldocumented.

Do I need to go out and actually buy the game discs again? Even though I have it installed from a current trial account and working?
Do I absolutely NEED a credit card to get back into the game and reactivate my account or can I do that with time cards?
Can I reactivate and pay future months via a paypal account? If so, how prompt is EA on it? Or are they pretty lazy like a previous poster indicates?

Appreciate the help btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can download for free here
http://ea-land.ea.com/download/install/setup.htm

You can try out a free trial. If you want to reactivate your founders account you can still use paypal. Usually it is good... lately there has been some issues.

I always recommend credit cards because it's simpler that way. If you do not have a credit card or a debit credit card you can always buy a refillable card at your local pharmacy.

Welcome back

There are some who are way more knowledgeable than me in all this matter... Hopefully they will help you.

G

If you have the game installed and working with a trial, you don't need the disks again.

I paid both my accounts, and a friends, with Paypal. Although there were some issues, they have been resolved. (a wee bit late, but still) I recieved the game time codes last night (for me, anyway...it's 5:30am now :p) You can also use refillable debit cards as Jackiee said. There are also sites that sell Game time cards, but I believe you need credit card for those. Haven't found one where I can use my Paypal yet. Please let me know if you do

I don't know if they're lazy or not. My first issue was resolved in a couple of days. My new trial however, took almost 2 weeks from payment until my account was re-activated as a paid subscription. Usually, they are fairly quick. My case is the exception, I think

~ Happily simming again ~

G

Thanks a bunch guys. Appreciate it kindly. Definitely cleared up my concerns/questions. I'll be off to paypal now to get the ball rolling and hope to see you guys around on a more permanent character soon. =)

G

<blockquote><hr>

Thanks a bunch guys. Appreciate it kindly. Definitely cleared up my concerns/questions. I'll be off to paypal now to get the ball rolling and hope to see you guys around on a more permanent character soon. =)

[/ QUOTE ]

WB &lt;3

G

Good luck, CR
Hope the process goes smoothly for you. Will cross my fingers

And...Welcome back

G

Well, I just want to update to say I have finally got my account reactivated. Took a little longer than I hoped, but it was fairly smooth and the support guys at EA were fairly easy to work with.

So if you see a guy by the name of 'Chad Rains' floating around Alphaville, that's me. =)

See you guys around sometime!

I

imported_Spaghetti Legs

So glad to hear that. Thanks for letting us know. Have fun in the game! Maybe I'll see ya around.

C

caroleatdesigns

I'm not sure this will help, but I made a discovery without help from Customer Support. I bought my second account. Could not find a way to download the game. Then it occurred to me that since I already have the game installed, why not use it with the new account. Now comes the problem. You cannot open TSO twice - duh!

I sent an email to Gregg, a great helpful DEV.
Soon after, he replied with run under Client.
Client isn't supported in this way, he told me. But I did as he instructed. Voila, I am running under .exe for 1 account and client for the second.
Some weirdness, but I'm willing to deal with it. I was warned. Both accounts, one installation.

Hope this helps,

Janice Gyms