• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

tso-e ea-land setup...

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nodgree

Just finished running the installer and 1.2gb update (took 3 hours) and now when I log in, I get the same exact thing as the normal tso program. Same problems and everything looks 100% the same. Any input on this? Thanks!

D

DjMacDaddy01201

yup still no change still like the old one some of my friends in Av having same problem sorry Lee

I

imported_herk1287

YEAH i i dont think i gonna try that on laptop

I

imported_herk1287

Lee still enver responded and the link does not work for me on vista

P

Peppie

OMG did you download like everything you could find online? lol

anyway the update works fine ... thank you Lee

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

There's been alot of people that have reported problems with Vista, most of them seem to have been resolved by making sure you are 'running as administrator'. You could not pay me to switch to Vista right now, much less me buy it, so I'm not exactly sure how to do that, but from the message in that screenie it sounds like it's a firewall or browser issue, and you can't lay that at Lee's or any of the other dev's feet. If it was me I'd revert back to XP.

N

nodgree

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

There's been alot of people that have reported problems with Vista, most of them seem to have been resolved by making sure you are 'running as administrator'. You could not pay me to switch to Vista right now, much less me buy it, so I'm not exactly sure how to do that, but from the message in that screenie it sounds like it's a firewall or browser issue, and you can't lay that at Lee's or any of the other dev's feet. If it was me I'd revert back to XP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm running XP and the Ealand update is EXACTLY the same as the regular sims client. I'm completely confused. I cant get into TC3 at all. I thought with the ealand setup I'd be able to view the ealand map. Oh well, I can still get into the production cities so I'm all good for now

G

You don't have the disks from your previous computer? Maybe it's just me but I've had to reinstall Windows a few times between a couple different machines so I always made sure I had a copy of XP Home on hand. Vista has *alot* of problems still, and probably shouldn't even be on new computers yet, but instead should still be in beta form cuz it's not ready. Lots of programs, like TSO apparently, are not backwards compatible....same thing happened when I upgraded computers and ended up with XP over 95 (skipped 98 and ME entirely, both YUCK!). For a long time there were some older programs that ran smooth as silk on 95 and wouldn't run at all on XP. MickeySoft really needs to get their act together, IMO.....but that's their issue, not EA's and not the devs.

If you don't have a copy of XP Home I know I've seen some on e-bay going for relatively cheap, and that was before Vista came out when most people were still using XP, so I'd imagine you might be able to find some for cheaper now than they were then.

I

imported_herk1287

i have the disks, but we need ealand to run effictely now

I

imported_herk1287

no my laptop came preloaded with vista i didnt upgrade

I

imported_herk1287

11th time in a row verifying.... Grrrrr anyone else having issues

I

imported_LFancey

herk1287,

Are you running as admin?
Can you tell me the size of C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EALand?
Can you tell me permissions on C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EALand?
Can you please capture screen shots of every step?
I have sent you my work e-mail
Can you please e-mail me the following files from C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EALand\TSOPatch
-TSO.dup.log
-TSO.dup.log.bak
-TSO.exe.log
-TSO.exe.log.bak
Can you plesae e-mail me the follwoing files from C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EALand\TSOPatch\Buddy
-Buddy.ini
-buddy.log

Thanks

Lee

I

imported_herk1287

yes i am 3.4 mb no i cant because it wont even install its stuck on the screen, i alwauys click allow

B

Bindy

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried the download on my other pc (even though I was going to wait and see how it went for others ) and its running XP and IE6. I got the very same message and I had the firewall shut down along with everything else running in the background. Glad I tried it on that pc before trying it on the one I use more often. So, its not just people running vista and you cant say its totally a browser issue.

There are plenty of people having trouble with this download. Also there are people that have gotten the download to work only to find that it did nothing to fix the log in situation.

No one is saying its Lee's fault or the devs, but there is something deffinately not right with the download otherwise people wouldnt be having such trouble with it.

If people dont post their problems with the download how do you expect Lee and the rest are going to know about it?

C

CheesyBread

ok i got it installed on my Laptop butnow it says i have a 1192 MEG update to do is this right???

C

CheesyBread

damn, this is gonna take forever only at like 8% now and its been like 15 minutes. ok i guess i will let it go and see what happens...TY

D

DjMacDaddy01201

I guess ill just stay in the reg citys be safe instead of going back to tc3 anytime soon

G

Mine was that big too but afterwards, I clicked on the EALand desktop icon and the log in screen came up, so I logged in, then it vanished, just like it always does before it goes ahead and loads.. well.. it never came back
I finally got fed up and did a system restore and got my old icon's back.

G

Note: slightly off topic, but there are many experiencing troubles with Vista and i whole heartedly agree with cbrewton about NOT upgrading to it until absolutely necessary which i don't see until MS makes their next OS which hopefully eliminates vista because its as bad n operating system as windows millennium was if not worse. Here we are almost 1 year (January) from the launch and STILL so soooo many things are not right with the OS let alone applications and programs that are uncountable are still not compatible, heck video drivers are barely just co ming out of betas for vista some 9 months later.

You CAN STILL however buy brand new PC's with XP installed as opposed to Vista which I highly recommend. You can buy them from Dell and Alienware(but Alien is considerably expensive) which Dell now owns. I still buy my new computers with XP on them, Vista is just eye candy with too many pop up messages saying abut security yada yada, hell my XP computers were plenty secure enough, you just need to be computer smart and use common sense not to get hacked or get viruses.

G

<blockquote><hr>

ok i got it installed on my Laptop butnow it says i have a 1192 MEG update to do is this right???

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it sure is true, hate to try that on dialup... Thank god for Verizon Fios internet it only took a few minutes to download. If Fios is in your area get it even if you have cable or DSL I promise you you will not be disappointed, the speed Can not compare to any other on the market today.

I

imported_princess45001

i run as administer. i do not have vista i have xp.i made mistake in throwing out sims and trying to redownload and now cant even do that it has had issues for me for few weeks but usually after repeated attempts it works.now i get crash everytime every city.i turned off all firewalls. i have done everything i find on this site and others to do nothing helping.i emailed for help at ea games but got no response there either.i have not been able to get on for 2 days at all.and now cant even reinstall
i played it one night logged out and have never been able to get back on since.

G

So let me get this straight.... we have a 1100mb download to get into this new "EA land" thing, even though we already have TSO installed and working on our computers?

That sounds a typically EA inefficient way of doing things if it is.

I can't find any information about what we're supposed to do here, can someone fill me in?

aj

G

Lee has made a thread to deal with these issues, please read his post and post any questions in this thread.

Keeping it all together will make it easier to address for both the Dev's and posters.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.