• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

TS2 graphics and custom content

G

I'm just wondering; when we make the update to Sims 2 graphics, it's safe to assume that any new CC will be based on Sims2 objects - sooo, what happens to all our current CC that is based on Sims1 objects?

I

imported_Gracie Nito

My understanding is there will be Sims2 based homes and Sims1 based homes all in EAland at the same time. Don't think you will be able to mix the two. If you upgrade to Sims2 home, you will most likely have to upgrade everything.

I would imagine everything we have today will become obsolete at some point in time in the future.

G

<blockquote><hr>

My understanding is there will be Sims2 based homes and Sims1 based homes all in EAland at the same time. Don't think you will be able to mix the two. If you upgrade to Sims2 home, you will most likely have to upgrade everything.

I would imagine everything we have today will become obsolete at some point in time in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

When did you hear this? If it was recently, then fine...but the last time I heard this was wayyyyy long ago.

I believe Luc told us this in a HoC Chat, and I believe it was in response to people who were worried that the new graphics wouldn't run...but we're now being told that updated graphics will be required, so I see no reason for TS1 AND TS2 based houses.

Hopefully what you're saying is true, but I think that information is obsolete.

I

Inge Jones

Well now I am amazed. I hadn't heard they were switching to Sims 2 graphics - surely that will make everything a lot slower as it's true 3D rather than orthographic?

Also, if they are going to upgrade graphics I would suggest they go straight to Castaway Stories graphics, which are far superior to Sims 2 particularly inasmuch as the water looks realistic. Finally it *would* be worth buying that beach lot

I

imported_fajjaa

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

When did you hear this? If it was recently, then fine...but the last time I heard this was wayyyyy long ago.

I believe Luc told us this in a HoC Chat, and I believe it was in response to people who were worried that the new graphics wouldn't run...but we're now being told that updated graphics will be required, so I see no reason for TS1 AND TS2 based houses.

Hopefully what you're saying is true, but I think that information is obsolete.

[/ QUOTE ]

With the video card to include vertex and pixel shader 2.0 as requirements to operate the game, my thinking is that all sims1 options will be unavailable, including present gameplay. One thing I am learning....old news is no news.

I

imported_SimTripps

It doesn't make sense to have 2D and 3D in the same game - it's like mixing apples with oranges - so it's got to be either one or the other. If TSO became 3D-like, all current 2D Sims 1 objects would definitely become obsolete, unless the devs decided to redo all current game objects with a 3D rendering. That would take way too much time. Its easier just to add all S2 base objects, but then we'd all have to start all over again in an entirely new game...

I

Inge Jones

Lol - still it spurred me into buying a beach lot just in case
They went up by $3000 while I was at the ATM, so I didn't want to leave it too long!!!

S

Sean Kendrick

Gracie Nito is right guys. Vishwa (w/ graphics team) told us that they're working on having TS1 and TS2 sims and lots live together in EAL.

For more information check out 'The Insider' page at my blog, link in my sig.

I

imported_Starrfoxx

I would make sense to have TS1 and TS2 types of lots, because trying to convert all objects and animations to TS2 would be a daunting task. Just adding TS2 stuff is going to take time!

I

imported_fajjaa

<blockquote><hr>

Gracie Nito is right guys. Vishwa (w/ graphics team) told us that they're working on having TS1 and TS2 sims and lots live together in EAL.

For more information check out 'The Insider' page at my blog, link in my sig.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they are leaving sims1 graphics in the game, are we still going to need the ultimate video card to play this game, which is suppose to have our next generation of graphics? Last I read about this, on the blog it said upgrade or you dont play, because of the graphics technology changing in the game.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

We already have DX9 in TC3-test and part of it in TC3. As far as I know the requirements haven't changed to require more than that. DX9 and pixel shader 2.0 is minimum requirements.

I

imported_fajjaa

<blockquote><hr>

We already have DX9 in TC3-test and part of it in TC3. As far as I know the requirements haven't changed to require more than that. DX9 and pixel shader 2.0 is minimum requirements.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont believe DX9 is the same thing as being able to run Vertex and Pixel Shader 2.0

I

imported_fajjaa

Gracie, I am not trying to contradict you. From experience I have downloaded the DX9 upgrade, but when I as well as others try entering TC3-test, a message is given that the video card does not support Vertex and Pixel Shader 2.0. On the blog or maybe the wiki, I read that video cards that support Vertex and Pixel Shader 2.0 are going to be required to play the game. Unless of course the future of the game is not only going to be in the footsteps of TC3-test. ???

edited: but if I do wake up one day and cannot play the game, I do know who to blame.

S

Sean Kendrick

Almost a month ago, Vishwa told us that they're currently working on fixing bugs and creating an option for players to choose whether or not to upgrade their TSO visuals according to their PC specs.

I dont know if they are still working on giving players an option or just scrapped it.