• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Necromancy] Trying to revamp old assassin

• Thread starter GreekHero
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
G

GreekHero

Hey guys, I have this really old red that have not played for like 6 years now. I am open to ideas on what would be a template to play with. Before I go on, I am not guilded-factioned, like to play solo and usually attacking single targets (maybe pvm fel characters or someone that has been damaged etc). I love doing dungeon crawling in stealth mode. Anyway, my skills are:

Fencing
Poisoning
Hiding
Stealth
Spirit Speak
Necro
Meditation

The idea was always to dismount/bleed with pitchfork and then switch to poisoned kryss or cleaver (use best wep skill) to poison. Necro was good for pain spike and SS for final heal (from what I remember).

Obviously I need to invest in suit/equipment etc. This used to be my favorite character and extremely hard to master and I had wasted hundreds of hours in the past with pen and paper, trying to find out what is the best template/stats. Any help would be highly appreciated. Is there any assassin's out there any more?

R

ReaperNI

Drop Poisoning Drop spirit Speak Drop Necro pick up Ninjitsu tactics and maybe tracking if you really wanna death strike someone hard. Do some reading about ninjitsu and i think youll be happier with that. only thing i think might be nice with a mage stealther chars have instead of necro and ss run focus and mysticism dismount disarm and cast risiing colousses and watch the fun. TYR

G

GreekHero

Drop Poisoning Drop spirit Speak Drop Necro pick up Ninjitsu tactics and maybe tracking if you really wanna death strike someone hard. Do some reading about ninjitsu and i think youll be happier with that. only thing i think might be nice with a mage stealther chars have instead of necro and ss run focus and mysticism dismount disarm and cast risiing colousses and watch the fun. TYR
Thanks for the info so basically you recommend:

Fencing
Tactics
Ninjitsu
Hide
Stealth
Focus
Mysticism

What would be some stats for this template?

R

ReaperNI

well its going to be very very hard all hybrid templates are never going to have the stats that your wanting. so lets say you have eatten a +25 scroll and your stat cap is at 255.

80 str
100 dex
75 int

then get a full imbued suit to boost up your mana increase and maybe see if you cant raise your dex through items though. luckly if you go fencing they are already very fast weps and you dont need your high dex to swing at max. and you dont have healing so your not worried about 4 sec heals at 140. thing with mystisicm is the spells take a bit to cast and they have big mana cost so 40 lmc is a must along with 2/6 casting. youll def need some tweaking here and there but you get some one on foot and put a rising colusses next to them you enjoy the show. lololololol TYR

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry but I disagree... if someone puts me on foot and stops to cast a rising colossus one of three things is happening.

I've stone walled myself in between houses for a remount.

I've teleported 4 times by the time the RC is casted.

I've teleported and invised myself for a remount.

That might be the worst offensive strategy I've ever heard. I'd be surprised if that killed anyone.

You would be better off waiting for a bleed to connect, then cast spell plague, and then deathstrike/AI once the plague connects. Either way he was right about one thing. Stat increase armor, LRC, and LMC are crucial.

As for stats, never run with 80 STR. You need at an absolute minimum 130 HP to be competitive in PvP.

R

ReaperNI

usally the thing i try to look at is the str vs hp bonus after equipment i usally end up with 90 str which gives a base of 95 hp seems like after that point your wasting points in getting another point or so in hp. but yes my suits do put me up to the 120 to 130 hp range but my str is at 90.and yea ive seen people do the bleed spellplague thing its nice. TYR

curlybeard

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need a free hand to use healing stone, since one-handed fencing weapons are fast you really don't need all that much dex. If you have 35% SSI (weapon + cloak), as little as 30 dex could be sufficient. Use the stratics swing speed calculator to see what works for how you plan on using the template.

A kryss gives you 1.25s swing speed and armor ignore. Leafblade has feint and AI , though at 2.75s base swing speed you might need to adjust your stats a bit.

I've settled on my points as follows:

120 Mysticism
120 Focus
120 Fencing
90 Tactics
120 Ninjitsu (110 + 10 on jewels)
80 Stealth (60 + 20 on shadow dancer leggings)
100 Hiding

125 Str
30 Dex
100+ Int