• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trying to log in

Pham

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I just logged in to gorgon and can hear all the nature sounds of the environment in the game, except the damned loading screen just won't go away. It's been like this for about 5 minutes now.

Vee

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I used to have this problem and found that only a force quit did anything. What I have found that works for my set up is, after selecting character name, to wait until all network activity stops. When I then press the login button I am ingame quickly - usually less than 5 seconds - and waiting for skill bars to be filled.

Citan

Project: Gorgon Developer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Hmm, probably what's happening is that something is failing to download correctly. Not sure what exactly is happening though; if this happens again, please do this: press Ctrl+Shift+* on your numpad (that is, the asterisk on your num-pad, while holding down ctrl and shift). The Debug Console should pop up. Scroll to the bottom and see if there is anything that looks like an error message, and please mention that here!

Also please mention whether this is the web version or the download version -- the web version can sometimes take a LONG time to load a scene. However I doubt that's the problem here, because you wouldn't hear nature sounds while it does that. I'm guessing Vee is having a different issue, Vee are you using the web player?

Vee

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I am using the downloaded game with the latest Mac Launcher. If I was having a different problem it had the same symptoms. After selecting character sometimes the character image appears within a few seconds and sometimes after a few minutes of glowy swirly. I didn't record what happened in detail but I think that initially I would click Login as soon as I saw my character. Often this led to a black screen with the Gorgon image which never went away. I think that I did other things for over 30 minutes more than once. I found that 1 or 2 Force Quits would always get me into the game. This happened with the latest Mac launcher and the one before it. Since I started waiting for network activity to stop before clicking Login it has led to the game screen in a few seconds - I can't remember any exceptions.

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Hm I use the same launcher, but I usually don't wait for the character to load, but go on into game. I am on a Macbook Air, so my expectations on loading times aren't high.

Besides, when the cow loads on character selection, it is really In Your Face lol