• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trying to gather the goods to make high end Sampire suit..

TrackStar

Journeyman
When I came back to the game I brought several friends with me. We are a group of 5 real life friends. I promised them I would make them high end Sampire suits eventually.

That time is near.

I've been collecting BODs like a mad man in every profession for a couple months since I came back.

I've been grinding resources like a mad man since I came back.

I'm at the point where I am now filling thousands of BODs.

But crafting in this game is like a giant puzzle for someone who hasn't been around in a decade.

1. What hammers (and other tools) should I be getting?

2. What armor and weapon pieces should I be looking to make?

3. How should I Imbue, reforge, refine those pieces?

I know its a big question. Any help or pointing me to previous guides that answer these questions would be greatly appreciated.

So far all the information I've found is like piecing together a giant jigsaw puzzle!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Buy 2 high resist pieces you can live with. Then reforge Arcane of Haste pieces.

Swords pretty easy you just need:

220 Stam 10 SSI
180 Stam 20 SSI
For max speed.

Imbue Jewels for DCI, HCI, DI whatever else is short.
Imbue weapons with what you need. Double Axe Bladed Staff

Reactions: dvv

TrackStar

Journeyman
Buy 2 high resist pieces you can live with. Then reforge Arcane of Haste pieces.

Swords pretty easy you just need:

220 Stam 10 SSI
180 Stam 20 SSI
For max speed.

Imbue Jewels for DCI, HCI, DI whatever else is short.
Imbue weapons with what you need. Double Axe Bladed Staff
Why buy the high resist pieces? Why not make them?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Because if you made them that's all they would have, resists. And no where near as high as what comes from loot.

For crafting resists count as properties, Imbuing gets 5 properties, Reforging gets 6. Max.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
2 relatively cheap items to start with are Mace and shield glasses and Britches of Warding. They have decent resists and stats that work for you.

You can get the Blackthorn version of the glasses by fighting Captains with a Group.
Group gives more drops than solo. We do it on LS a lot when no events are on. Each city can get 40+ drops per person, if you don't kill the beacon until you have to.

But just an item like this is a start:
Remove the mage armor.
1632961891817.png

Or even stuff like this with no dex and a low resist.
1632962383455.png

Last edited:

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I agree with paddy cakes only craft the parts you need arties you want
Gloves of feudal grip
Mace and shield or blackthorns alternative
Insane tinker legs
Ssi cape (ranger something) or quiver with DI
Ring and bracelet with 10 ssi and 20 or more Dmg inc
Any piece you can find with 10 stamina increase i love the 8 sta 8 mana pieces

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Head slot - Blackthorn version of mace and shield. 5people are good to make tons of those. If you will spam in chat that 5 are in dungeon even more people will come and your gains will be very fast.
Legs - Britches of warding if cannot afford tinker legs
Belt - Crimmy from blackthorn or Ozymand Obi.
Do they have cameos or SSI epaulette? Feudal Grip? Gladiator Collar ?

1or 2 legendary armor with good high resists and useful stats from VS.
It leaves you with crafting 2 -3 pieces of armor and 2jewels.
Make or buy jewels, put all you got on mannequin to check what properties are still below cap.
Reforge to get HCI/DCI then imbue
Agapite/verite/valorite exceptional imbued with STAM , LMC, Mana , HP will do.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
So until we are able to get these artifacts you guys are talking about should I just do this for every armor slot?
Suit 6* crafted exceptional platemail colour samurai (cheap refinements). Add +5 to physical and Fire . to 75
7LMC 7Stam 7 Mana 4 HP + imbue
resists where lacking
Jewels 7Dex 7STR 13HCI 13 DCI 22DI
Mana phase orb talisman with DI and HCI (cheap on most shards)
5SSI from town buff.
Weapon with hit lighting or harm (important!!) and leeches. 2 weapon for each :with and without HLL . Bladed staffs or daisho will do.

This is fully crafted, no-essences-needed , no reforging no POF suit for you 5 to go and kill blackthorn captains. You each will get Mace and shield helmet in 1-2 hour max.
Then Crimmy . Then 5DCI robe.
Then sell what you getting to buy some arties.

Last edited:

Dapeekas

Visitor
UNLEASHED
I found this video very helpful. Even if you don't do these pieces exactly as he does, its nice to see the process. He also has a 100% elemental weapon video.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rich from Pacific has a full set of Videos that cover building suits, crafting weapons, and doing spawns. They are very informative and easy to follow.

TrackStar

Journeyman
Make or buy jewels, put all you got on mannequin to check what properties are still below cap.
I can't find any information about obtaining mannequins out side of them formerly coming from a 14year reward ticket. Are there other ways to get them?

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
Post what shard you are on and get in Gen Chat and ask for help I find a lot of those pieces @Pawain posted while shard hopping for 5M and less.

TrackStar

Journeyman
Post what shard you are on and get in Gen Chat and ask for help I find a lot of those pieces @Pawain posted while shard hopping for 5M and less.
Thanks for the offer. We are on Atlantic but we don't really want handouts and aren't in a position financially to buy a lot of these things.

I'm actually a long time player since 1997 and have been in and out of the game so I have some good gear and resources at my disposal to help us over some more challenging humps along the way. Just looking to experience the game in full right now and that includes crafting!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the offer. We are on Atlantic but we don't really want handouts and aren't in a position financially to buy a lot of these things.

I'm actually a long time player since 1997 and have been in and out of the game so I have some good gear and resources at my disposal to help us over some more challenging humps along the way. Just looking to experience the game in full right now and that includes crafting!
There is a Guild that Crafts items for free on the weekends on Atlantic. Look at books lying around and listen to Gen chat. Since you want to craft they may let you join.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I can't find any information about obtaining mannequins out side of them formerly coming from a 14year reward ticket. Are there other ways to get them?
You dump stuff in the garbage bin and make Cleanup points. Mannequins are bought from cleanup officer (there is one in New Haven) 1000 points per.

Last edited: