• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] Trying To Flesh Out a "Nuke" Mage

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm working on a few characters, but my main that I want to get maxed out is going to be what I'm calling my Nuke Mage. My goal with him is to do the most possible spell damage /second and I will be using this almost exclusively as PvE. This is my build thus far:

Magery 110
Eval Int 120
Meditation 100
Inscription 85 (going to 100)
Spellweaving (working on the quest still, but it's in the template)

125 Int
95 Str
10 Dex

Elf

I've got a lot of points to bandy around, and I'm up to quite a bit, so long as it is something that can help how well I cast spells. I've been toying with Necromancy, but the -Karma is sort of off-putting to me.

I've also got a bit of gear together:
Scrapper's Compendium
Hat of the Magi
Pendant of the Magi
Mana Phasing Orb

Currently my bonuses are at 100 LRC / 40 LMC / 6 FCR / 3 FC / 15 MR / +40 Mana / +25 Int / 45 SDI
My SDI with bonuses from skills is something close to 75 (not entirely sure).

I'm toying with the idea of shelling out the gold for some high-end bracelets... but I'm thinking that might not be worth it (imbued bracelets do almost as well). I've also got an imbued ring and am considering trading it up for a Compassion's Eye for the 20 SDI, but I'm nervous about being able to keep up with the FCR/FC stats. It's all just too much math! hehe.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm toying with the idea of shelling out the gold for some high-end bracelets... but I'm thinking that might not be worth it (imbued bracelets do almost as well). I've also got an imbued ring and am considering trading it up for a Compassion's Eye for the 20 SDI, but I'm nervous about being able to keep up with the FCR/FC stats. It's all just too much math! hehe.
Most of my mages run FC1, FCR 3, 12 SDI, 15 DCI and the rest in intel bonus on both jewels. I also use the "treasures and trinkets" reading glasses for a bit more SDI and if there is room a pendant of the Magi and either protector of the battle mage or a set of kelp leggings.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My template is:
Eval int 120
Magery 120
Med 120
Necro 120
Spellweaving 120
Spirit speak 120

I used to have 100 Inscription but stoned it for Spellweaving and now only use it when I want to craft things. I'm not sure if the SDI bonus from it works for Spellweaving or not.

Armour I use is:
Hat of the Magi
Protector of the Battle Mage
Enchanted Kelp Woven Leggings
Hephaestus
Ranger's Cloak of Augmentation
Cloak of Death
Crimson Cincture
Mana Phasing Orb
Invasion spellbook

With crafted gorget, sleeves and gloves, and ring + bracelet it gives me:
SDI 97 - 102 if I remember to use city trade deal
LRC 105
LMC 40
FCR 8
FC 1 - I run with protection anyway, think it lowers cap to 0?
DCI 45
133 STR / 141 HP
150 INT / 183 MANA
69/70/70/66/69 - with protection

I'm thinking of reworking the armour to fit in the Pendant of the Magi for the extra SDI.

If you are set on keeping Inscription, I would probably rework the template like this:
Eval int 120
Inscription 100
Magery 110
Med 120
Necro 50
Spellweaving 120
Spirit speak 100

Enough Necro to cast wraith form and summon a shadow wisp to help with mana.

Another template that alot use is:
Eval int 120
Focus 120
Magery 120
Med 120
Mysticism 120
Spellweaving 120

I don't have much experience with Mysticism, but it seems to have some good spells (RC - strong summon, Cleansing Winds - cure, heal and remove curse, Stone Form - raises resists, Hail storm - strong area damage spell).

Again, if you're set on keeping Inscription, I would probably rework the template like this, but you're going to need to +skill item's:
Eval int 120
Focus 100 (120)
Inscription 100
Magery 90 (110)
Med 110
Mysticism 110 (120)
Spellweaving 120

Some items to help with +skills - swap spellbooks around depending on what spells you're casting:
Crystalline Ring - +20 Magery & Focus, 20SDI
Fallen Mystics Spellbook - +10 Mysticism
Scrapper's Compendium - +10 Magery OR Meditation OR both
Imbued bracelet - 2x +15 skills

OR - the 6x 120 Mysticism template above, but drop Med to 20 for 100 Inscription.

krilov

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dunno if it is what u're looking for but i've been playing with something like that, having a lot of fun in pvm: (lots of time passed since the last time i played so can't really remember the right numbers)

Magery 120
Eva int 120
necro 105
ss 115
poisoning 80
music 120
disco 120
Then i got some spare points on medit too...all of that ofc is done by a lot of skill bonus.

Imo, the +10sdi by iscript is not so o.p.; therefore i just soulstoned it...and whenever i want to craft something i restore it.
Spellwev. is cool..really but...you are already doing lots of dmg tnx to slayer books +eva int and the magery spells are casted a lot faster.Moreover, according to the lowest resist u can switch between lots of different spells. WOd 's cool but just for the last shots and then it does chaos dmg.Well, ofc you will get more other cool spells too..like curing/healing skill or like pixies..but...magery spells or undead animations cover that thing more than good if not surpassing it...i mean..a skeletal dragon is a skeletal dragon...and u can get 3 of them (if u got necro and ss ofc XD) For istance i used to run just 65sw before deciding the root of poisoning. It was nice...but i found to have more fun with poisoning XD

Well disco sounds logical since u wanna max out the dmg u do and if your disco fails for any reason...well keep in mind u got a couple of necro spells that work like disco...corspe skill ...i mean u can reduce flame res and poison res
There is few medit...but...necro covers that gap more more than good. (forms &C. :p)
Well then i wanted to try out poisoning.U know....i've been always a fan of "xxx started to spasm...blabalabl" .....so...hell yea i want do it! having 120 magery, u need just 80 poisoning for being able to cast lethal. ( evil omen from necro..helps again here too )
Even if u wont cast lethal...the deadly poison is more than good for dealing some nice dot dmg. A thing like rend just dies like a rabbit with that poison spam. FOr fun i took it down using just disco,poison fields.. poison strike...LOL funny to see.
Ofc lots of mobs are immune to poison...but ehi...u're not just a poisoner ye?! XD the downside is...casters will love your poison...but here 's the funny ;) easy play is not for me ^^