• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Troubles with Tribbles....err I mean ladders

chrisjwhite

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doing a custom house, looks like a 3 story "Large House with Patio" and am trying to place ladders instead of stairs. Can't walk up any of them. Tried 1-3 tiles free above the ladders but still not working, I just can't walk up them. Can they be placed on the first floor if there is a ceiling on the second (floor on 3rd)? I was able to place on the roof, but of course there was no floor or anything above it.

I have placed ladders before, but it was always when nothing was above the floor they are going up to.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
might be that you're targeting the wrong spot with the ladder? place goza (I like to use different colored squares when working out a problem) first on the tile you think the ladder should sit and then on the tiles surrounding it ~~ place the ladder on each one to see if you can walk up from any of them

reason I'm suggesting this test first is cause I had a barn with a ladder to the loft, and that was only a one tile opening, but it never failed, if I had to take that ladder down I would replace three or four times on the wrong tile wondering why it didn't work as before... mine was a west facing ladder, there may be issues with ladders facing other directions, tho

chrisjwhite

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I got it to work with a little redesign. The floor above where the ladder is going to has to be clear. (If ladder goes to 2nd floor, the 3rd floor tiles above the ladder also needs to be clear.) Also need to have 2 tiles clear to go down the ladder, but only 1 to go up.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm... mine was an older design, and the third floor was the roof, which did not use roofing tiles, but stairs, so maybe that's the difference, cause there wasn't a clearing above the hole in the floor

glad you worked yours out! :)