• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

trouble designing custom house

• Thread starter JerryGarcia
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
J

JerryGarcia

hellos

been about 4 years or so since i last played but on a whim i fired up me old account and characters were still all in place!

anyhow, placed a 2story customizable house plot and went to designing a new home when i encounted a problem, i cant select beyond the first height level of the home. the second floor and roof give me the message "Invalid Level selected for your house" when i try select the house level.

now i have no clue why its doing this...everything in the designer looks exactly as i remember it (plus a few more tiles) and im more than a bit stumped here. searched google, this sites forums, uoguide,uo main page publish history notes multiple times and cannot find out what im doing wrong here.

this is happening on fire isle south of the demon temple, is it perhaps the trees interfering somhow? i had a house here when i left and itnever had this issue..

any help much appreciated, my next step is petitioning but i dont have fond memories of that ever fixxing anything for me. :loser:

also, if it is the trees causing issues due to some change i missed
am i understanding correctly i can just demolish the house for cash back and replace elsewhere without a 7 day waiting period or anything?

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is not a good spot for placing a house, if you want it to be over one story that is. It just doesn't work there, I forget the reason why. But people have had problems over the years with that fire isle spot. Sorry. =/

J

JerryGarcia

i gotcha... my old spots open as is at least 4 other spots adjacent to it (circa 2004). i dont even have the option to demolish the newly placed house and the houseplacement tool has a blurb saying i cannot yet place a house or have one traded to me in the due to to recently playing it, also has a simmiliar blurb popup with a hour countdown before i can place again. donno if i want to risk trying exactly the old spot (s) to see if they are still customizable then having to wait the timer out again.

/grumble gotta wait 116 hours before can demolish an place at another location anyways. =p tempting to fire up the old second account now just so i can be impaitient haha :)

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i gotcha... my old spots open as is at least 4 other spots adjacent to it (circa 2004). i dont even have the option to demolish the newly placed house and the houseplacement tool has a blurb saying i cannot yet place a house or have one traded to me in the due to to recently playing it, also has a simmiliar blurb popup with a hour countdown before i can place again. donno if i want to risk trying exactly the old spot (s) to see if they are still customizable then having to wait the timer out again.

/grumble gotta wait 116 hours before can demolish an place at another location anyways. =p tempting to fire up the old second account now just so i can be impaitient haha :)
You should be able to demolish your new house at any time. Reasons you can't might include having rented vendors there or items in the moving crate. The moving crate thing was to fix a bug where people were creating those little gold boxes from dropping houses with stuff in them. And the vendor thing is to keep house owners from scamming renters by dropping their vendors and getting the checks/stuff.

Once you drop the house you should be houseless and therefore able to place. :)

J

JerryGarcia

aha! thanks much. I remembered those rules but i honestly thought my moving crate was empty. turned out i had accidently left 1 single rune in it preventing the demolish. :)

thanks very much for the help!