• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Triton experiment, anyone tried this?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Triton is 127 wres, now 115 healing, has Poisoning, Poison Breath, FzWW. He is at slot 5 now with 850 training points remaining. Thinking of a mostly champ spawn Triton.
Not sure what to add for magic, these are the choices:
No magic just leave as is.
Add Chiv, making it susceptible to more damage potentially at spawns. OR
Add Bushido, so it will will have full bushido including LS for crit hits, confidence, plus WW sort of double AOE. (Actually will have the P. Breath also for gathering and DoT damage.)
He will not have AI.
Not sure if the bushido artificial intelligence for pets is improved, now days. Will of course take to test center and see also.
Also for the Chiv FzWW, Once EoO is casted, will it do more damage with FzWW as long as the spawn is the same types?
So instead of seing lots of smaller damages, these damages are boosted because of the EoO, or it does not work this way?
Any ideas appreciated.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have one with goo, fww and bush, and my naja has poison,PB,fww. My naja really performs well. Mybtriton almost never runs out of mana, but the single target damage is low. He is great for clearing small spawns tho, like the pirates on corgals island

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
So with Chiv, once the Enemy of One is cast by the pet, does the FzWW have increased damage with all the small hits from it? Or it is only the first of these hits that get boosted, or not al all?
Also with Bushido, does the WW , lightning strike and Confidence work appropriately? or just random?

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
random for bush. they love ww tho.

i cannot say for chiv fww

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
When I can Xfer to TC1 will try the Bush/Fzz/Psn Breath lawnmower spec, and take it to spawn to see what happens. Then will try the Chiv/Fzz/Psn Breath one. Will check mana consumption also. These will erase the melee poison, which is ok.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
FWW is expensive armor ignore that does damage to groups. Add Chiv if you have 700 spare points.
Will be a killer when magic skills are over 100.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Thank you!
So far it is a Poison/PBreath/FzWW Triton with 850 points left and good Wres, Dex, Mag Res.
Will see how this turns out. With the Triton as it is, it worked nicely on the Turtle spawn, first then second level. Then cleared level 1 ants solo pretty quick, all 10,001 of them lol. This is a very fast little beast and causes 100's of little damage numbers blurring the screen. (The damage numbers are getting larger and larger, as Ninjitsu is increasing, so far 76/100 I think).
Then Tigers were easy enough and going down fast enough. Never really got to see how far I could go solo, at near end of tigers, I had to use consume, then I still don't understand how it happened, but my mana was exhausted! This never happened before, as I can run consume indefinitely, always due to my mana regen being high enough. There were no casters there, and I think Gorillas were gone by then.
I like the Turtle spawn, and at lev 3-4 my plan was to call on chat. I do not expect to solo Turtle with any single pet in existence by any means.
I like that multiple pple can work together there, and towards the end the Turtle is kind of fun. It also drops primers III, and Turtle eggs that I like to just collect hehe ;).

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Thank you!
So far it is a Poison/PBreath/FzWW Triton with 850 points left and good Wres, Dex, Mag Res.
Will see how this turns out. With the Triton as it is, it worked nicely on the Turtle spawn, first then second level. Then cleared level 1 ants solo pretty quick, all 10,001 of them lol. This is a very fast little beast and causes 100's of little damage numbers blurring the screen. (The damage numbers are getting larger and larger, as Ninjitsu is increasing, so far 76/100 I think).
Then Tigers were easy enough and going down fast enough. Never really got to see how far I could go solo, at near end of tigers, I had to use consume, then I still don't understand how it happened, but my mana was exhausted! This never happened before, as I can run consume indefinitely, always due to my mana regen being high enough. There were no casters there, and I think Gorillas were gone by then.
I like the Turtle spawn, and at lev 3-4 my plan was to call on chat. I do not expect to solo Turtle with any single pet in existence by any means.
I like that multiple pple can work together there, and towards the end the Turtle is kind of fun. It also drops primers III, and Turtle eggs that I like to just collect hehe ;).
I think I found out what happened. Triton is extremely fast mover. This requires moving closer to it to maintain consume for the upper spawns, that requires breaking aggro with intermittent invis, and that eats up mana depending how often you invis. You need more MR and LMC to do that more effectively with a level 4 Triton there.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I would leave it a Poison/PB/FzWW Triton. I think you will dilute it if you add Chiv.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I would leave it a Poison/PB/FzWW Triton. I think you will dilute it if you add Chiv.
I think you are correct:
I took it to TC1, and gave it Chiv and seemed to burn mana much faster, and only hit the FIRST hit of the EoO buffed hits with increased damage, the rest of the series of damages of that Fzz were "regular" like 140,70,67,45,73,45,79,35,50,45,48. So lots of damage on the right foe. But : something very important also : Even with Consume, and innate healing, with level 2 spawn at Turtle and more so at level 3, sustains one ton more damage from the spawn, and needs great heals from the tamer. This coupled with more mana consumption by the pet would make you wonder you would add Chiv on this specific pet that you want for spawns. It was tested with healing at 115 developed by the way.

The other option was Bushido, so I tried that so it was on TC1 : Bushido/Fzz/PB. What I saw at Bush at 40-55 was a rare LS, some WW, Some useless stance (Confidence - lasted nanoseconds, since the stance stops immediately when the pet is hit, and it is constantly being hit, and it stops when it hits also), so no real benefit, but mana consumption was much less than the Chiv spec. Not sure what would happen if Chiv was trained at 100 or more, so I cannot say. I was not too impressed by the Bush/Fzz/PB one either.
The best way to spec this one is as intended: A specialized Najasaurus, that has innate Healing also built in, with Fzz/PB, awesome Dex, Awesome magic resist, and essentially immune to poison (due to the healing - So Naja wins on this part, but loses on the self healing part).
It all boils down to what you want to do with any pet, what special requirements for a specific battle you want them to help with.
One other question might be PB and poisoning might discourage some PK or delay them enough for you to possibly get away if raided if in Fel. But I doubt that this may work. Also I doubt that there are any slayer weapons for Tritons.