• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Trinsic Is Lost (Not really)

QMSoar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Battle Account

When the rogue Kingsguard arrived at our west gate, it looked as though we were in for an easy fight. Soon after allies, dispatched by Lord Dupre and the King, arrived via magical gate. With a mere half dozen troops standing opposite us, we outnumbered the enemy five to one.

At first their captain came forward and attempted to negotiate an agreement with Govenor Lew so as to avoid bloodshed. However both men were bound by orders and oaths. No agreement could be reached, and the command to engage went out.

As commander of the Ward it was my responsibility to coordinate our defense. I had positioned our main force at the west gate, the point of probable hostilities, and posted watch guards to the south gate, the docks, and the bridge to Barrier Isle in case of a sea landing. All watches were accompanied by Mage Wardens so they could quickly open portals to our main forces should their position come under attack.

As expected, the battle at the west gate went in our favor. Then at the moment we moved to end the battle, a flare burst in the sky above the south gate. Fabian had appeared there with a second force and was trying to gain entry to the Governor's Office. From there he could assume control of the city.

Our mages opened gates immediately and about half of the main force went through. Now fighting battles on two fronts, things were starting to tip out of our hands. Fortunately we were able to clear the west gate of attackers shortly after the call for help from the south, where we were losing ground badly. As Fabian crossed the southern bridge I ordered our remaining troops to portal across the city and aid our defense.
With almost our full force to oppose them, the attack on the south gate was quickly turned back, and it was then that I realized my mistake.

As the last of the Kingsguard were brought under control, and it appeared we had won the day, the shouts began to ring out.

Where was Fabian?

The token guards left behind at the west gate had no time to warn us as the bulk of Fabian's forces fell upon them. I returned with the first wave of defenders and engaged the massive force, only to fall within moments. Lying on the sandstone cobbles of my home, my eyes darkening, I watched our enemy march into the city and claim it as their own.

Trinsic is lost.

It is by my own shortcoming, my own foolish decisions on the battle field that it has come to pass.

As punishment I am to die, with the last thing I know being failure in my sworn duty.

Trinsic is lost.

- Eric, Commander of the Trinsic Ward

Edit : Well, after the posting of this, I have been informed that Trinsic actually won. Woot!
It seems that after Eric bit the dust, Fabian and his forces were driven back and fled the city. Thank you all for coming out to save us!

Still, Eric (my RP Commander of The Ward character) did mess up the battle strategy in the end there and Fabian did break through our defenses. As such he will still suffer his doom (perma-death) and another will replace him as commander.

And, a huge Thank You! to our EMs for the excellent event. I really liked the way you handled this one in all aspects. If there was a feedback form, you'd all get six out of five stars. Was much fun!

Last edited:

QMSoar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OOC: Soar! You missed the part where the City Guards responded once Fabian entered, killed his troops and chased his butt into the forest :D Trinsic isn't lost!
Doh!
That must have been the part when I was plotting our dastardly revenge upon you.... or possibly when I was hiding like a little girl under Lew's cloak. Either, equally.

I was kinda looking forward to Fabian rule, would have made some interesting Ventrilo debates. We have our serving of anti-kingers in Trinsic too. ;)

Could someone fill in any other details after Eric died?

Here are some pics. Only two I took worth showing, after the fight started I was pretty busy. :sword:

Lord Durpre comes to bring us news before the attack and wish us luck.

The initial stand off.

QMSoar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Add to the OP for clarification...

Edit : Well, after the posting of this, I have been informed that Trinsic actually won. Woot!
It seems that after Eric bit the dust, Fabian and his forces were driven back and fled the city. Thank you all for coming out to save us!

Still, Eric (my RP Commander of The Ward character) did mess up the battle strategy in the end there and Fabian did break through our defenses. As such he will still suffer his doom (perma-death) and another will replace him as commander.

And, a huge Thank You! to our EMs for the excellent event. I really liked the way you handled this one in all aspects. If there was a feedback form, you'd all get six out of five stars. Was much fun!