• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tried Resizing on Test, what a mess

R

rfrost

Tried resizing on test.

Put down a small then resized, great. When I made the attempt with a bigger plot, got the timer warning - you have to wait 7 hours.

Tried again with the same size plot as before and it placed without even asking if I wanted that size, then, even better, it would not let me do it again because the placement timer was active.

What a mess. I have a house I want to resize in a very sensitive area of the map - aka Luna and I'm not even going to think about it until this is a lot better than it is now.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its test shard!!! LoL IT WILL GET WIPED EVENTUALLY ANYWAYS!!...Does it really matter what u do on test bar test stuff out..LOL

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its test shard!!! LoL IT WILL GET WIPED EVENTUALLY ANYWAYS!!...Does it really matter what u do on test bar test stuff out..LOL
It doesn't matter, which is why he was at the test shard to begin with. He most certainly wouldn't want to test the system on a production shard Luna house, now would he?

A

Aladaria

Yes, it is a test shard... the OP was testing something on the test shard... omg what a crazy thought...

Anyway...

I'd be interested in any findings on this as I have a house just outside Zento city walls which I'm sure could go 1x1 bigger, but obviously don't want to risk collapsing it if the system doesn't work when it goes live.

M

mutau

my question is regarding everything thats within the house.

didn't FOF say that everything would FALL to the ground like a regular demolish? has anyone tried to resize a house with stuff in it or a multi level house with items in it? even if its just junk, if it falls, it falls. any info would be helpful.

and if youre wondering, i'm gonna test myself too and post with any findings. but just wondering if anyone else has already looked into it or had different tests.

*added later:
Question, since this is my first time placing a house on test shard. Does placing a house there demolish your house on your regular shard??????

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It doesn't matter, which is why he was at the test shard to begin with. He most certainly wouldn't want to test the system on a production shard Luna house, now would he?

Yes and the post reads to me!!! his precious Luna house is on the test shard too!!!! muahahhaaa

F

Fran Fury

Yes and the post reads to me!!! his precious Luna house is on the test shard too!!!! muahahhaaa
I didn't get that impression at all. Just that he has a Luna house that could go larger and was testing the resizing of houses on the test shard and found it is very messy and still has issues. Therefore he will not be attempting to resize his Luna house until the resizing issues are solved.
Can't really blame him for that. I have a house in a secluded area and I still wouldn't resize until I knew it worked right.

L

Lord Drakelord

Has anyone tried to resize a normal placed house like a tower or villa, not just a plot?

P

Pax

That's misleading. We've been told very plainly that placing a house on Test will not effect any houses we have on the real shards, and I've placed houses on Test enough times to know that's true. Test is just that: TEST. Nothing there really counts, it's all just being *tested* there to find out how it works or to help work out the bugs.

Be well - Pax

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Reading comprehension is your friend.

Let me spell it out for you:

Poster has luna house on production shard that could be resized.
He goes to test shard to test the new feature.
Poster finds issues.
Poster relays that the current implementation is bad and he will not use it on his PRODUCTION SHARD LUNA house until it is fixed.

Top House Plotter what are you talking about?

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
right, understood.... but that is the message you would see on a regular shard, yes? and it seems pretty clear that everything will absolutely drop to the ground... going to test moving crate next (soon as my tooth stops hurting :( )

P

Pax

right, understood.... but that is the message you would see on a regular shard, yes? and it seems pretty clear that everything will absolutely drop to the ground... going to test moving crate next (soon as my tooth stops hurting :( )
Oh, right! But I think the poster was concerned that if he placed on Test he would condemn his real house on his regular shard. :)

Sorry about your tooth! That's NO fun!

Be well - Pax

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
kay, two items in moving crate, piece of leather and deed to ladder.... wait for moving crate to poof so that it's hidden and buried under the house and then stand under sign... "I wish to resize my house"..... get the warning gump, tell them I'm sure and house goes poof.... nothing at all in the house save items in moving crate, so nothing falls to ground.... rebuild house (both custom, no legacy housing) and no moving crate pops under sign nor is there an option to reclaim it on the house sign.... items in moving crate lost

and thanks, Pax, dentist tomorrow at 7:15am... that'll be the worst part

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I don't think his post has anything to do with the silly item moving crate, nor the fact that he doesn't want to condemn his prod shard Luna house.

I think his complaint is that when he placed a larger plot and tried to resize a second time it first placed a house without a confirmation gump and then it wouldn't let him resize due to the 7 day timer (which it isn't supposed to do).

P

Pax

kay, two items in moving crate, piece of leather and deed to ladder.... wait for moving crate to poof so that it's hidden and buried under the house and then stand under sign... "I wish to resize my house"..... get the warning gump, tell them I'm sure and house goes poof.... nothing at all in the house save items in moving crate, so nothing falls to ground.... rebuild house (both custom, no legacy housing) and no moving crate pops under sign nor is there an option to reclaim it on the house sign.... items in moving crate lost
:rant2:Yeesh! :thumbdown: NOT GOOD!! :thumbdown: Thanks for testing! :)

and thanks, Pax, dentist tomorrow at 7:15am... that'll be the worst part
You're welcome. Hope you're not in too much pain. :(

Be well - Pax

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are not supposed to be able to demolish a house with items in the moving crate. Someone should report it.

Has anyone tested to make sure you also cannot resize if someone is renting vendors in your house?

P

Pax

I don't think his post has anything to do with the silly item moving crate, nor the fact that he doesn't want to condemn his prod shard Luna house.

I think his complaint is that when he placed a larger plot and tried to resize a second time it first placed a house without a confirmation gump and then it wouldn't let him resize due to the 7 day timer (which it isn't supposed to do).
I think you got lost in the "He who?"s :lol:

You're correct concerning the OP, I got that from his post too. But DevilsOwn and I were replying to Kiteh Kiteh, who expressed concern placing a house on Test would condemn his house on his real shard. :)

Be well - Pax

P

Pax

You are not supposed to be able to demolish a house with items in the moving crate. Someone should report it.
Really?! I didn't know that! I agree, it should be reported on Test, since I think that's where they pay special attention to such reports.

Has anyone tested to make sure you also cannot resize if someone is renting vendors in your house?
I haven't yet... just discussing here right now.

Be well - Pax

Nylan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone tried to resize a normal placed house like a tower or villa, not just a plot?
I placed a 18x18, resized it to a keep and later resized it to a castle.
The only issue I seen was the wait in between resizing.

I think this will be a great solution to changing your house size in high traffic and prized areas.

L

Lord Drakelord

I placed a 18x18, resized it to a keep and later resized it to a castle.
The only issue I seen was the wait in between resizing.

I think this will be a great solution to changing your house size in high traffic and prized areas.
thanks

T

The Home Guild

I think the one hour wait between demo is lame.What is the point again?If i wish or anyone else for that matter want to resize our plots why is there a timer? I say i wish to resize blah blah blah it dropps as im testing my area bam i get a cool down.. so now gotta wait meanwhile i have maybe an hr to get a plot down while waiting for cool down on tool so i finally plot then oops made it to small so now waiting for an hr to resize again.
[gets cross eyed]

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree, all those placement/demolition timers (and limited tool usages) should not be there if resizing a plot while the resize reservation timer is still running.

And also never a plot/house should be dropped without asking for confirmation since the introduction of the 1 hour demolition timer. Makes simple running around with a homeless character just testing the possible size on a plot or showing a friend the possible size nearly impossible.

*Salute*
Olahorand

R

rfrost

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Flutter is right, I was testing the procedure before trying it on a production shard.

I did get the resize gump.
Plot went empty
Tried to place a larger house and it said that I had to wait 7 hours.
Tried the exact same size as what I'd resized
The house was placed with no footprint to review and no gump to confirm which now means I can't try again until I wait.

I expected to see the footprint on the ground or the house in some kind of preview before accepting the new house.

The luna house is on a production shard. I had nothing in the house on test.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Iam sure the change will be a great tool for thoses people sitting on keep and castle spots with towers and 1818s !!!to make bigger safely!! but alas will they?? most of em prob dont even realize they sitting on a prime spot!! thats alas if they are still playing UO and its not a old bugged house that has stood forever!!!

... And i still stand by the OP plays test shard only...and to be quite frank ive met at least a dozen players that play test shard soley!!! why??? because they can have everthing in the blink of an eye...dont ask me why they do... they just do!!!...and yes i think its crazy!!!!!

R

rfrost

THP, why are you so strange? What does it matter what shard I play on. I play on GL and PAC, I test on test.

What is your damage?

G

galefan2004

You aren't allowed to demolish the house with items in the moving crate because they aren't a huge fan of easily obtaining gold boxes over and over. However, if all the items in the moving crate are destroyed when you resize then it really doesn't matter.