• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tribulation in PvP for reflected damage.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How much does Tribulation reflect in pvp as far as damage goes and does this reflect SPELL damage as well?
"This is a bard spellsong which disrupts the target's ability to concentrate, reducing their Hit Chance and Spell Damage. The spell song also has the chance of causing any damage taken by the target to cause a burst of direct damage proportional to the damage taken. The amount of direct damage is proportional to the Discordance skill of the bard and the chance for the direct damage to take effect is proportional to the Musicianship skill of the bard. The damage further increases 1.5 times with Slayer instruments. This spell song is affected by the target's Magic Resistance."

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ive tried to use it a couple times but with most people running high magic resist they seem to always shrug off the spell in a couple seconds so i havnt found it too useful to use, or at least not enough to get any accurate numbers off of.

Z

Zero Day

First to clarify Tribulation does not reflect damage. It reduces the targets hit chance and spell damage . ANY (spell, DoT, weapon)damage that target receives has a chance to cause the target to receive bonus damage. That bonus damage and the chance to proc the bonus damage are dependent on bard skill and target magic resist.

The damage and bonus damage from despair and tribulation in PvP as well as the duration scale according to the target's resist spells skill.
hitting a 120 resist char with a legendary discorder/music will give about a 20% damage effect with about a 36% chance to trigger.
having another 120 will bump that closer to 44% proc and 27% damage. at 4x 120 its about 58% proc chance 36% damage
May be off by a few small %s since i'm going from memory.

Typically I get about 4-6 rounds of either spell on a 120 resist target. about 12-14 on a 0 resist target.

If you know someone has low resist you can really eat them up. I will typically get both spells on a low resist target and hit them for quite a bit something like 18/8 every 2 seconds if they are all 70's. Since you can now change despair damage types, if they aren't all 70's and you know what their low resist is you can max your damage potential.

Also despair is good for house fighting (whichever side you are on) since it doesnt require line of site for upkeep, if they run in the house as long as you stay in range they continue to be hit even if you can no longer see them. (This also helps to ensure stealthers dont get away :)

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
huh, i should start hanging out at yew gate in my down time and start dropping these on the house hiders, haha

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i have yet to have mine hit for as hard as your getting yours to hit for, and im x4 on my guy.
maybe the fella i tested on was too tuff i guess.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if there are TWO bards running Despair... Will the despair stack dealing double damage basically on the same target? Oh I plan on runnin this template ASAP because im sick of these damn house hiders! lol.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I loooooove me some annoying templates and the chiv should make it near impossible for u to die lo... Btw you did say 4/6 does affect barding skills?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
if its pure 70 suit then cycling the damage type is a mote point.

you can changet the damage type by single clicking on the bard mastery book, that will allow you to change what resistance your disco mastery spells hit in (phy, cold, nox, ect)

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whats the deafult damage type, or what do you usually run yours on as the default damage type? lol

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
default is phy.

i change mine to what im fighting. undead hit fire, anything repond cold or nox.
in pvp id probably run fire or nox?