• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discordance] Tribulation + Double Strike [question answered]

• Thread starter Bort of Atlantic
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

Bort of Atlantic

First off, thanks for the changes to mastery interruption. I'm finally adjusting my template to try to maximize masteries on a melee character. Secondly -- I finished crafting a new double axe last night and am running discord and tribulation on Unbound Energy Vortexes. Every time I double strike, I'm unable to get a second proc from tribulation. I'm running 120 discord 120 music (real) and proc tribulation very often but can't get it to proc twice when double striking. I get a single proc the majority of the time but that's it.

One additional question if you happen to read this -- Do masteries time out over time or can they be resisted? I get no message about trib/despair running out, but I have to recast on EVs multiple times a fight. Thanks!

R

Remy Blacktoe

Re: @Logrus - Tribulation + Double Strike doesn't work

My guess would be the 1 second rule for Tribulation. You're only able to get 1 proc every second, so if you hit twice at the same time, you'd get only one chance at it. I could be wrong though.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor

you know i noticed this too.... not the double hit but the spell running out all of a sudden with no message when i was fighting the unbound EVs too.

i just assumed that i had gotten hit and it was snapped off of me.

Z

Zero Day

I believe that there's a set number of rounds for the discord abilities which vary by skill and target magic resistance.

http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-bard/210023-bard-mastery.html

RE: This by Logrus:

Despair/Tribulation:
Limited number of rounds. Some effects can be resisted by players with high magic resist.
Tribulation damage should now be more effective.
Slayer support for Despair and Tribulation
There was also a post that The spell not giving a message when it ended was a bug.
Guess that never got fixed.

B

Bort of Atlantic

My guess would be the 1 second rule for Tribulation. You're only able to get 1 proc every second, so if you hit twice at the same time, you'd get only one chance at it. I could be wrong though.
Ah good call on this, thanks.

I have answers to both questions now, thanks everyone.