• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trial Accounts (free accounts)

• Thread starter imported_fajjaa
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_fajjaa

Right now there are 2 people playing in Test Center 3, they are from Russia. They cannot enter skill or money lots. Do you know how many lots they can enter right now..... ONE. Im really sure they are going to get this warm fuzzy feeling, along with all the other free accounts right now, that can only play in Test Center 3. These, along with all the other new people that are showing up in that city, are not getting a very good view of this game at the moment. I think the emails that these people are getting are a bit premature. Luckily I was in TC3 moving and killing sims, I was wondering why all these 0 day old sims were landing. If you want to meet some interesting people, they are at the crafting house in TC3. Too bad the game does not cater to newcomers like it should.

G

They have made free Accounts not fun at all! You have to pay for an account to get full sim access!

B

B Jordan

I didn't know free accounts were avaliable yet.

But I understand they want free accounts to not have the same benefits as paying customers. I do not understand why they want to separate free from paid. The limits should be something else, not being able to own land, not being able to be a roomie, no custom content etc.

Interacting with the full player base and seeing everything they can do/have would want to make me pay to get that too. Not being stuck with others who are the same as me.

The e-mails that were sent out were way premature. I don't get it.

I

imported_fajjaa

Im sure the DEV. team let this slip their mind, but they could ask members of the chearleading squad go to TC3 and help welcome the new arrivals. NOT letting the newbies come to EALand where 99% of the population is, is... well, who knows what you would call that.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I didn't know free accounts were avaliable yet.

But I understand they want free accounts to not have the same benefits as paying customers. I do not understand why they want to separate free from paid. The limits should be something else, not being able to own land, not being able to be a roomie, no custom content etc.

Interacting with the full player base and seeing everything they can do/have would want to make me pay to get that too. Not being stuck with others who are the same as me.

The e-mails that were sent out were way premature. I don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. It's fully understandable that they want to restrict the 'goodies' that free account holders get, but I don't understand how playing with the paying customers, most of whom are very loyal to the game and would be happy to sing its praises to any newbie, is considered a 'goodie' if the ultimate goal is all or most free players becoming premium ones....and if thats NOT the goal, then what is?

G

I asked about this in the Town Hall just now.

There were category restrictions put on free accounts in TC3 earlier as a test. They've been switched off now, so they should be able to enter any kind of lot category.

Restrictions will be permanently enabled soon though, before free play comes to EA-Land.

Polly

B

B Jordan

<blockquote><hr>

I asked about this in the Town Hall just now.

There were category restrictions put on free accounts in TC3 earlier as a test. They've been switched off now, so they should be able to enter any kind of lot category.

Restrictions will be permanently enabled soon though, before free play comes to EA-Land.

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

Still useless.

B

B Jordan

I'm confused. Completely.

<blockquote><hr>

Dear Former Member of The Sims Online

I would like to introduce you to EA-Land, an world that is free-to-play, and based on a re-engineered The Sims Online architecture. Yes, free.

We have played The Sims Online together, my avatar is MaxisLuc (yes, I work for Maxis/EA¦) I wanted you to know that at the beginning of last year I assembled a team to improve The Sims Online. After months of ongoing hard work, we can say proudly that we have been successful and we have made this game fun again! I am writing to you because I would like you to rejoin us in the game. You can come back for free right now by just downloading the game here. If you do so before March 2008, you can get your earned privileges back (gifts, skill locks etc), but most importantly, you can re-join the game before the rush of new users.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was the e-mail that was sent out. I saw this posted on another forumn (spillitnow.com) by a user who was anxious to play again.

So...why does the e-mail say you can play in EA Land for free, when obviously that's not even out yet? The "free accounts" are still being called trials and are restricted to Test Center 3.

What the...? Like really, if you were going to send out the e-mail saying come play in EA Land for free...then...let people play in EA Land for free.....