• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trial account expires today...

P

PzB74

I'm an old returning player after 8-9 years.
- Got a trial account for 14 days and today it's expiring.
Been having trouble upgrading the trial account, been trying through support for 3-4 days but I'm afraid support has been outsourced cause I can't get the help and answers I need in time.

I've purchased aditional gaming time:

Coupons/Promotions Days Remaining:
Ultima Online: 14 day free trial 1 of 14
Ultima Online 90 Days Game Time 90

Do I have to buy the full UO game or upgrade for 39.90 or 29.90 to upgrade the trial account?
- Also been having problems getting the trial account to accept changes (only possible after 30 days!?).

Appreciate a quick and accurate answer :)

Rgds

U

UOKaiser

I'm an old returning player after 8-9 years.
- Got a trial account for 14 days and today it's expiring.
Been having trouble upgrading the trial account, been trying through support for 3-4 days but I'm afraid support has been outsourced cause I can't get the help and answers I need in time.

I've purchased aditional gaming time:

Coupons/Promotions Days Remaining:
Ultima Online: 14 day free trial 1 of 14
Ultima Online 90 Days Game Time 90

Do I have to buy the full UO game or upgrade for 39.90 or 29.90 to upgrade the trial account?
- Also been having problems getting the trial account to accept changes (only possible after 30 days!?).

Appreciate a quick and accurate answer :)

Rgds
All you need to do is switch your plan to monthly or which ever subscription on your account tab. Make sure you enter a payment then it will continue from when it ends. If you need a SA upgrade you will need to buy the upgrade for that account or new code for another account. If you don't buy the SA upgrade then the trial account will only have ML access.

P

PzB74

Yeah thx I figured this was the way it worked when the 90 day game code I entered started running after the trial period was over :)
- So I don't need the full price SA, just the upgrade!

Problem was that it wasn't possible to upgrade a trial account in a given period of time and even more impossible to get a good clean cut answer(s) from support. If they want players to come back to play UO again trial account and support should be more intuitive and readily available. Almost closed it all down again.

M

Maxandre

Yeah thx I figured this was the way it worked when the 90 day game code I entered started running after the trial period was over :)
- So I don't need the full price SA, just the upgrade!

Problem was that it wasn't possible to upgrade a trial account in a given period of time and even more impossible to get a good clean cut answer(s) from support. If they want players to come back to play UO again trial account and support should be more intuitive and readily available. Almost closed it all down again.
I had issues with support 2 weeks ago too, I did like you, played trial and got a 90 code, problem was that I had to wait till the end of the trial to have the limitations removed... They have new limitations to trial account and they dont seem to be used to it :) Lets give them some time to get used to it and us, on our side, will do our best to help the new player here :)

As for your upgrade, yes you need the 29.99$ account upgrade not the 39,99$ which is only for new account.

Cheers and welcome back.

Even if there are less players, the game is still really fun and well, nothing out there gets close to it...

F

Fanrod

Hi. I'm new to official UO. I've tried out trial account (new one) and wont to upgrade it to SA. What I have to do?

Do I need new account code (the error occurred if i try to buy it) or just activate the subscription and use upgrade account code?

Please answer me, because EA Support is helpless (

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Activate, and apply the upgrade code, once the trial rolls over into a paid account.

Before the trial expires, go into the billing info part of Account management (after you sign in) and add in your payment info. That way, when the trial expires, it should automatically convert into a paid ML-level account.

Then, after it converts, go back into account management, and apply the upgrade code to the account in the Subscription Info part of the page.

After that, you'll need to input the code in the client itself, in the promotional code part of help, to claim your bonuses for upgrading.

I believe it's not possible to apply an SA code to a trial account before it becomes a full account.